1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PlayStation 4 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Jun 15, 2013.

1. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Good review. One of my all time favorites is still Demon Souls with this behind it.

Another missable item is the level 10 weapon upgrade, Cainhurst Castle map and Abandoned Workshop. I missed quite a few things on my first blind play through. I read up after I completed the game and currently going through my second play through with a friend.

2. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

Demon's Souls is hard to beat in the sense that it was the first one. I had more slack-jawed amazement for that one because it was the first of its kind. It was the game that forced me to buy a PS3 on Black Friday 2009 (the first run of "slim" models). Incidentally, it still works fine after six years of hard use, while my 360 broke down four times in three years.

I've been meaning to go back and play Demon's again so I can be sure I've lost the rose-tinted glasses in comparison to the other games. I already know that I'm going to find the MP bar and the lack of the Estus Flask system annoying when going back. And the world tendency system, while stupendously awesome in theory, ended up not working too well because it made you do weird things to manipulate it, like suicide in the Nexus so that you wouldn't die in the world and darken the tendency. But the world, the lore, the music, the bosses... the Tower of Latria and Valley of Defilement in particular were just insanely good, truly terrifying in a way that I don't think even Bloodborne achieved (btw, this is still my favorite article about Demon's Souls). I'm sure I'll still love it, just maybe not as much as Dark Souls, with its totally interconnected world and numerous systems and interface improvements.

While I'm here, it's probably worth saying that I was a fan of From Software's King's Field games about a decade before they even hired Miyazaki. I still go back and play them every year or two. Truly From Software is a special game company with an illustrious lineage, niche as it may be.

3. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Well said. I still have maybe 25%-33% of the game left, but I have more or less the same opinion.

Apparently I was hit by the Eileen bug though. :( Wasn't that big of a deal, but I was going with a skill build. Guess I'll have to get that done on my 2nd playthrough (if/when I get around to that).

I just got around to checking out the Youtube channels for EpicNameBro and German Spy. I'm enjoying their playthroughs of the game (trying not to get ahead of my progress), as well as their playthroughs of previous Souls games. They worked on the official guides for Bloodborne as well as previous Souls games I think (maybe just DS2), so they have some nice tips/lore info for some things, especially since they had access to official internal data from the development team. ENB posted a video showing the "trick" that produces massive damage with the canon for example (community might have figured it out eventually, but nice to have these things "found" so soon). If anyone is having trouble with an area and/or boss, I might recommend checking out their channels/playthroughs. You're basically getting tips from people who worked on the official guide. I was struggling a bit with the Yahar'gul area, but then realized I was just missing an easy side route.

4. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Demon's Souls is still hard, there is no more coop options.

5. chow_yun_fat

This boss fight was pretty tough. =/. What, youtube didn't upload the whole clip. It's only 75 megs, maybe I should upload the full low rez 16 mb version instead?
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vCXlUWywBEA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1765 chow_yun_fat, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  6. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Last night a friend and I played split screen advanced warfare and required each account have a separate psplus account. This just started since the update. Anyone else have this problem?

7. RC Cola

The next Bloodborne patch is available now. Load times are much better, and the loading screens also have item descriptions now. Some other things got fixed/(re)balanced as well.

On a side note, I never got around to playing Dark Souls 2, but I decided to pick it up thanks to Bloodborne scratching that itch. PC version.

So I'm now playing 2 "Souls" games concurrently.

Good luck to me when it comes to getting anything done in the upcoming weeks. ;)

8. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

That is beautiful. Played Dark Souls 2 on X360 and always wondered what the game could look like on next gen.

9. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Man my disc drive on the ps4 is crapped out. first discs wouldn't read, then it got stuck inside. I tried the manual eject, no dice. Now it's an expensive Hulu, Amazon, Netflix, etc box.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2k16 covers will have...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>NBA 2K16 Cover Athletes Are Curry, Harden &amp; Durant - Spike Lee Has Role in Career Mode (via <a href="https://twitter.com/owengood">@owengood</a>) <a href="http://t.co/YagEcNW1SK">http://t.co/YagEcNW1SK</a></p>&mdash; Steve Noah (@Steve_OS) <a href="https://twitter.com/Steve_OS/status/591263344574726146">April 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. MFG16

MFG16 Member

I skipped out on 2k15 after growing frustration with the servers and locker codes in 2k14 (was fortunate enough to grab a diamond Kobe but still think its a crappy way to release cards). If Harden is on one of the covers though I'll be buying it. The servers will suck but its a must buy if true.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm a 2k freak, and am exactly the type of person to get unnecessarily geeked about having Harden on the cover, that would be really awesome.

Hopefully Lee working with mycareer mode will fix some of the god awful cut scene acting 2k writes, seriously I liked it better when it was less interactive because of how awful the story mode is.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

In for the Harden cover homies.

14. MFG16

MFG16 Member

Rumor is PlayStation bought the exclusivity rights to Call of Duty branding and timed DLC. Never been a console fanboy for either system but I don't see why anyone would buy an Xbox One? Even Activision is saying it sucks (if the rumor is true).

15. RC Cola

Activision is just saying "we like money," not that Xbox sucks. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's all they ever say.

It could just be that MS didn't want to pay Activision for the rights anymore. Sony probably got a better deal I'd assume (given the strength of the brand right now). MS could take that money and invest in new games, which would be better IMO.

16. MFG16

MFG16 Member

Not saying Activision doesn't care about money (they do), but if all Sony had to do was outbid Microsoft then it would have switched years ago. And if you want to take the money aspect further, the only reason to switch to PS from Activision's perspective is because of profit. Activision see's that the Xbox One failed, and switched (at least saying its inferior to the PS4 if not "sucks"). MS could take that money for game development but I doubt it since developers find it harder to make games on the system.

17. chow_yun_fat

I wonder if Microsoft is planning to go out of the console business or sell it? Last gen, they pumped a megaton of money into the gaming economy and it seems like they've massively cut back this gen. They're running it like an actual business instead of their typical, buy their way to success model.

What's going on with Amazon? There have been rumors for years they plan on releasing a console? They have purchased several developers, but they don't have anything to show for it yet.

18. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

I sure would love to see a tennis simulation on PS4.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

tsalsu

Just got a PS4 and just signed everything up. As of right now.... zero "friends". Feel free to add me on there.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So just got my first game -NBA2K15.

Put in the disc, see there's a download required for it. It's just a few gigs. So I download the update and then nothing else happens. So, ok, I guess I can play the game. But when I try to play the game I can only play a ****ing demo of SAS/MIA. I can't do anything else. Dafuq.

So I figure there's more to download. I go back to the PS4 main menu and go to Notifications &gt; Downloads to see if there's something else... but... no. There's nothing. Wtf. What in the ****. I can't even play the game and the download that's apparently supposed to happen isn't happening.

Why? And how do I force it through?

Please help me CF. I'm getting unreasonably pissed off about this. I've been messing with it for over an hour and can't get it to work.