1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Montrezl and Terrence Jones: What am I Missing?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Drake Remoray, May 26, 2016.

1. Garner

Garner Member

Who said anything about the Howard-Capela* combination? a combination which actually had some success in the playoffs.

Ariza/DMo were both more viable PFs than either of the guys you mentioned.

2. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Good points, however Ariza playing the 4 takes away your team's best perimeter defender. DMO does not have the lateral quickness to keep athletic 4s like Draymond Green at bay. DMO's body has betrayed him, Jones will get his chance again somewhere else and shine just like Patterson, Landry, Scola, Marcus Morris.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, DMo has a problem against really small PF's, but Jones can't defend anyone.....so what point were you trying to make?

I mean, seriously, Jones is terrible on both sides of the ball, there's no redeeming quality to his game. He might get half a season more in the NBA before heading overseas but he's basically done as an NBA player. He just doesn't offer anything to an NBA team.

4. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Mchale played Jones with a short leash, didnt fully get a chance to grow. Out of all our frontcourt bigs Jones has the most upside, best all around game. He will catch on somewhere around the league, he needs more time I think your sleeping on this kid. He reminds me of a young more athletic Channing Frye. I appreciate your point of view though I really do... Good talk sir...

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Him having a short leash was good....I mean he was arguably the worst PF in the NBA last season. Really the leash should have been shorter and he should have been permanently benched sooner, it would have made wins out of losses.

I'm really trying to understand your point of view here but I simply don't see anything that Jones brings to an NBA team.

He can't shoot.

He plays simply awful defense.

He's not a reliable ball handler.

He can't reliably create his own shot.

He's not a very good rebounder.

What is is you think he does well?

I would take Harrell over him any day of the week when it comes to pretty much every aspect of the game.

6. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/6597/terrence-jones

Okay, Harrell is a better rebounder that is all, by no means is he a better all around player. Jones was a top recruit for Kentucky and a Lottery pick for a reason. When the kid is healthy and plays in games he contributes check the stats above. He can shoot well has nice range and plays above the rim.

7. Garner

Garner Member

The shine of Patterson/Scola tonight was really something to behold.

8. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Ha ha ha... Nice...

9. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Leave Scola alone he is old, Patterson bash all you want.

10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Jones is gone.. Dont know about Harrell, he more likely going to get viper time