1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx: Rockets will go after Durant hard in 2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Feb 18, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We got Dwight Howard and Harden. What are you complaining about. We also got Josh Smith to play for us for almost free.

2. Exiled

Exiled Member

If the rockets or any other team won't go after Durant, then this is news

3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, for real, I mean next year the team will actually have some options (money as well as bigger FA targets w/o butchering the team)... Obviously Aldridge would have been nice... But not at the expense of team depth and the soon to be frugal contract of ariza. I think if Houston can add a decent pg (even a backup to bev that can move the ball) Houston will be in the top of the west with the other teams. I mean they got to the wcf with an injury riddled team...

4. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Man, I love this! I think that's a great attitude, for real.

Unfortunately, I can't quite jump on the bandwagon. I don't know if I see the Rockets as being as close to winning it all as you do, despite their amazing performance last year. Not unless DMo develops a superstar killer instinct.

5. MystikArkitect

Not sure if serious...?

6. i3artow i3aller

7. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

[youtube]EV6R0906hu0[/youtube]

8. pass_to_Hakeem

LolZ!!!

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

Like they went after Bosh, Aldridge, and Carmelo? Or like they went after Dwight.

Hopefully the latter.

10. dmoneybangbang

Morey will more than likely follow the same route as he did last off season. Still options available for our greatest need, but Morey will only pounce for targets he deems worthy.

If we roll with pretty much the same roster as last year and stay healthy we still are a dark horse contender while having a lot of cap space.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

You've been a fan for 20 years, but it seems you forgot the times when the Rox recruited Tmac, Stromile Swift, Josh Smith, Dwight and traded for Harden. Not only that the Rox just reached WCF last year and its still been nothing but disappointment after disappointment for you? What are you, senile or something?

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Durant doesn't know Dwight, like at all (or at least not until a cpl weeks ago). Honestly what he said to Dwight was pretty tame compared to what he and James say to each other in games....

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Rockets and Maury are always about next year and next year and next year.

FFS go all in for once. Had a great chance last trade deadline and went all in with Pringles. The road to the title just got that much tougher with a reloaded SPurs, a hungry and injury free OKC and GSW.

#flexibility

14. MONON

MONON Member

Honestly. When was the last time you posted anything positive?

15. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

Fun to think about. Clippers will go after him big time too.

16. NotChandlerParsons

In fairness, this team has been going downhill for quite awhile. Playoffs, WCF, what's next we're going to win the Finals? Wake up sheeple, when is flexibility going to start helping out?

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You're a tool if you don't think the Rockets have gone all in. They're operating over the cap, and have still figured out a way to be players for every free agent that's hit the market. Josh Smith was an all-in move. Corey Brewer was an all-in move. Who would you have gotten instead? Rondo? Dragic, who made it abundantly clear he didn't want to come here?

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

December 19, 2014 Rockets acquire Corey Brewer - Flexibility
    December 26, 2014 Rockets acquire Josh Smith - Flexibility

Josh Smith and Corey Brewer were major rotation pieces and key players in the Rockets enjoying their best season in 2 decades.

They were key players in the Rockets 1st Southwest Division Crown and 1st Division Champs since 1993/94 season

They were key pieces to the teams 3rd most wins in Franchise history

They were key pieces to the teams 1st WCF appearance since 1997

So to answer your question: When is flexibility going to start helping out?
    It already did, you just were not paying attention.

19. OpenLayup-Why3?

I tend to pop in this thread to remind everyone that Durant called Dwight a p***y not so long ago. No way he's coming. And I'm on a roll with guessing who's not going to come here (Llull and Scola, Aldridge, from the first second I was telling everyone no way in hell these are coming). No way in hell Durant is joining Rockets, better aim lower and not waste more time on desperate dreams.

20. alethios

alethios Member

You're amazing. Who else is on your haters-will-not-be-joining-Rockets list?

Oh, btw, Dwight will play with Durant. What they called each other when they are on separate teams is irrelevant when they are teammates. Plus, there's no guarantee Dwight will stay since he's got an option for next year.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.