1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bernie Sanders 2016. Run Bernie Run !!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Apr 17, 2015.

Tags:
  1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Time to get beyond the daily gotchas and the minutiae of the polls and get some real political education and progress for the rest of us. The $2.5 billion political circus should benefit someone beside the political consulstants and the tv and other media. The billionaire class is doing well enough.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m02p1eb5rEw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yes, please run.

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I definitely would like to see him run in the Democratic Primaries and get into the debate process. I said for a while here that just having the GOP nuts spewing their garbage in the news everyday moves the idea of what the Center is to the Right. We need someone on the national stage reminding people what progressive philosophy is, how it's brought about what is best in our country and how it is the the best way forward for the real strenght of our nation.

Run Bernie run, but as a Democrat, not as an electoral college vote splitting independent.

4. glynch

Bernie has said months ago that he will only run as a Democrat as he does not want to be a "spoiler" to use his exact words.

5. Mr. Clutch

Sounds like Ralph Nader part II

6. glynch

Bernie does sound like Nader on many issues, but without the third party spoiler angle. So as a fan of the billionaire class (my assumption based on your history of one line relatively contentless posts) your should not be quite so happy.
    l
    Hey if you are not just a billionaire fan boy, but just sincerely patiently waiting for trickle down, as you were promised by the market fundies, I apologize.

7. Mr. Clutch

I think given the events in Europe and the massive failure of one regulated states makes it amazing to me that Sanders thinks he can win on that platform.

Who is better off, the poor in France who kidnap Jews for money? Or the immigrant to the US who starts a business and sends money back home?

Hillary will try to run on a narrower platform which advocates sensible regulation on banks and energy independence, but she'll be pulled to the left by nuts like Bernie.

8. Remii

Remii Member

He had me at hello...

Glynch, if you have anymore information post it when you can please.

9. glynch

please tweet to @sensanders to encourage him to run.

You, too, Mr Clutch, but I don't think you will be happy as even a lot of the Tea Party starts to be discontenedt with the same old Koch Bro line of trickle downand start to stop blaming, gays, immigrants, Yankees and the income tax for their woes.

It will be great for the 99% including Mr. Clutch and me when millions tune in to see him debate Hillary, though I am sure there will be a struggle to prevent the millions who normally watching being exposed to these common sense ideas.

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

If Bernie Sanders is nuts then give me more nuts. I hope he runs. If anything he'll force candidates to address actual issues instead of just repeating stuoid talking points.

12. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Exactly.

The "nuts" on the left like Bernie sound like the most logical, capable and honest politicians in Washington.

The nuts on the right...not so much.

13. Raven

Raven Member

I hope Warren also runs. I want to see a wide field of progressive candidates challenge Clinton for the nomination.

14. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Totally agreed. Let's get a candidate better than Clinton out there.

15. Remii

Remii Member

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Please please. Anyone but her warren or this guy need to debate her. I would love to see Bernie and rand paul debate. I would pay good money to see that happen.

17. FV Santiago

FV Santiago Member

Bernie Sanders wants to adopt a northern European approach to American politics, but the problem is you can't govern the people groups in the United States the same way as you govern the people groups in northern Europe. There are simply different cultures and different approaches to life that must be considered. One approach is not better than the other, but one must recognize these differences. His comment about the Norwegian prison system is particularly naive. Obviously the European approach to commerce and economic growth has failed the continent over the past 10 years. There is no growth in Europe -- it's a country collapsing under the weight of enormous entitlement programs. Government support of climate change policies have wrecked Europe's energy stability. Sanders' policies would take us down the same road.

18. FV Santiago

FV Santiago Member

I do not have the ability to edit my post. That should say Europe is a set of countries collapsing under the weight of enormous entitlement programs. Greece, Spain, Italy are the chief offenders -- all southern countries. Again pointing to the fact that you can't govern different cultures and people groups with the same approach.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't agree with Sanders on environmental policy but he's right on nearly everything else.

20. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Greece, Spain, and Italy are not governed the same way as Germany, England, and Denmark (as examples). Certain countries in the EU failing has nothing to do with entitlement programs and more to do with corruption and economies that never really recovered from the shock of shifting to the Euro from weaker currencies.