1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Facebook

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SK34, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I'm having a hard time trying to get my social swag on. I've been too busy watching Houston sports. ;)

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

There's alternate ways to recover an account without email access or password.

https://www.facebook.com/help/community/question/?id=10151487935427404

I remember a method where if you can identify 3-4 random friends on your friends list by their pic, it'll give temp access to an account.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Yea... Was trying with my 71 year old aunt. Did not go well

Tried family but the add rap to there name.

Rocket River.

5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Yeah, this is why I still enjoy facebook. A lot of old friends from junior high and high school on there that I keep in touch with and just joke around in statuses and whatnot. Playoff time is especially fun on there. One thing I don't like is the stalkers. There is this one chick, who I showed a little attention to a year ago, and since then she will like almost every status I put up. People keep asking me who she is and I'm just like "She won't leave me alone! And I can't delete her because that would be rude and what if I get desperate again one lonely night?"

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

^ is someone who Likes who, but you ignore, now the definition of a stalker.

7. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

You can set who is allowed to see what you post. Either by setting up groups or at an individual level. Without that and the ability to unfollow people Facebook would be almost useless.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I quit Facebook about a year ago. I used to say I had one just so I could stay in touch with people I knew who I don't stay in touch with in real life anymore... but having them on Facebook made me realize why I no longer hang out with them anymore.

So many of the people I knew in high school are irredeemably idiotic. It would pain me to see their statuses. I really only have a couple good friends from back then. And while I do have some friends from college and my post-college work life I can't see all that often, I prefer to stay in touch with them by hanging out (even if it's rare) or, at worst, texting.

9. edwardc

edwardc Member

I don't do any form of that nonsense social media is nothing but trouble.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I can say that GROUPS are probably the best thing
    Being able to find people with mutual interest and able to find new items in that interest is pretty cool

There are pros and cons to any thing
    I must say that the problem is . . .. the cost for that access is rising and I don't care for that
    They seem to want more and more information . . .. almost to the point of it being uncomfortable.

Rocket River

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Facebook makes it difficult to have multiple girlfriends.

But, I'm nearing 60 pokes... So I win.

12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

The more times I like a hot girls profile pictures or status update the more likely she is to have relations with me.

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Other than an email address to confirm registration, what information are you forced to give them?

14. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

I recently like last week made an Instagram and immediately regretted it. Worse than facebook. Nothing worth my time. It's for teenagers and ppl who want to feel popular 24/7. Society man. They suck.