1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Facebook

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SK34, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

ah, so im not the only one that noticed Sactown's posts have been very dickish(for lack of a better word) lately.

1 person likes this.
  2. jEXCLUSIVE

jEXCLUSIVE Member

Facebook is good for nothing other Vacation Swimsuit pics.

And the ability/convenience of automatic syncing with the smartphone app. Everyone's picture displays when they call! :eek:

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

This thread convinced me. I'm deleting my Xanga.

4. Kronos

Kronos Member

I use facebook to stalk. As i am sure girls have used on me. I see a hot girl i don't know request me, i add her immediately without looking at her page. Girls do the same, i find a picture of some good looking dude and they add me and the stalking begins. It's not till way later that i realized a particular girl i added has like barely any friends and my suspicions arise.

I've deleted all that people i don't know though. And the 1 girl i stalked has disappeared from the internet. It's just not fun anymore.

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

She's busy.

1 person likes this.
  6. SK34

SK34 Member

Lmfao..I wish I coule rep.

7. SK34

SK34 Member

For those of you saying about how I sound idiotic for saying ”I'm not on facebook because I'm a muslim”. Let me tell you, I have been previously on facebook a lot. And believe me when I say, the way and reason people use facebook is not good. Also it takes time away from your prayer. You tend to waste time in that rather than praying to God. I mean if you want to use facebook, go ahead,.its your choice. Im just saying be careful. Since I'm not careful it makes sense for me to delete it.

1 person likes this.
  8. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I rarely log in now..I did de-activate at one point but decided to keep it active just for random messages that I might get..

I have about 300+ friends/family/work etc... I'd guess I see 25 of those a year. I kind of want to delete everybody else b/c I really dont care what they are doing all the time but if I do that I'm a loner. So its kind of a lose/lose.

I recently got on twitter but thats to follow the news it becomes basically a customized news app...I also created that under a fake name....

I wish twitter had just as much interaction as FB in terms of comments for sportsradio/cnn/ etc ...If it did than I'd hardly ever long in..

9. lean

lean Member

Never had a facebook, never will. All I have is MyFace...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Today I was trying to get my Aunt back on facebook
    She forgot her password and someone 'cleaned' her computer
    She cannot even remember ANY PASSWORD
    Well . .. she didn't have much on it .. . just keep in touch with family
    So
    I figured just make a new one
    Now I see Facebook REQUIRES a phone number
    A MOBILE PHONE NUMBER
    She has no mobile phone
    Fail

Facebook information w****!!

Rocket River

11. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

I still don't have facebook, am I missing something?

12. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h03oaRIJ8W0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It requires a mobile number or email.

14. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Not at all. I deleted mine about 7 months ago and do not miss one thing about it.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Eh, I would miss seeing all my buddies who are at a great distance from me. A lot of silly banter and jokes too. And it's helping me let people know about my book.

But yeah, sometimes I wish I had never signed up, because I check it too much.

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I understand the utility of Twitter, but why did Instagram and Vine get so big when Facebook already provided those services?

I guess i can rationalize an existence for Vine since it caters to the smartphone generation.

17. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Because my mother-in-law and her posse found out about Facebook...and ruined it for all of the kewl kids. Ain't nothin' like a bunch of Filipina relatives unloading mountains of dirty laundry on Facebook. #eCatFighting

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I keep the account for the same reason, have lots of old friends and family all over the country.

I don't really have the problem with it taking up my time since I only check it once or twice a week on average....or if someone tells me of something amusing that got posted then I will check it.

The games dont interest me and I'm not the type of person to sit there and tell you what I'm up to or where I am at...my daughter does that enough for the whole family.

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It's odd to me that some people are so addicted to facebook. I've had an account for a long time now, and once in a blue moon I will upload photos of the kids for my mom's sake, but it seems like such a chore to actually go visit the site. Tedious non-news from acquaintances mixed in with funny youtube clips I already saw on cf.net. Maybe I'm too much of an introvert for facebook.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

No. . . it requires BOTH now it seems

Rocket River