1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Show] Gotham

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Did anyone tell you, you walk like a Penguin? LMAO

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The episode was titled "Selina Kyle" but there was hardly any Selina Kyle in the episode.

3. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

This Season on gotham trailer.

WOW arkham asylum, scarecrow, professor pyg and victor zsasz!?! Zsasz a serial killer who usually kills with a knife and carves a tally mark somewhere on himself for every victim. Yes! ONe of my favorite batmans villain getting some spot lights. Can't wait

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bzUJDmjBPuQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I am liking this show. Has just the right blend of humor and violence. I like the super villain cameos too... and even my wife picked up on the Cat character ("gee, she looks like Michele Pfeiffer"). Carol Kane was a kick as Penguins mom and even though the Penguin character is a bit (ok, a lot) over the top he is becoming one of my favorite characters.

And... Jada. Yum.

5. SexyButIgnorant

Watched the second episode, thought it was loads better than the first episode. But it was still cheesy and ridiculous at times. I still enjoy Penguin, Falcone and Bullock over everyone else. It worries me that I hate the main character. The actor isnt that good, and why the hell does he have such a hot wife dammit!?

And the kids still dont interest me. Catwomans scenes are so lame (call me cat, dogs barking at her, her feline posture.)

6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

The acting in this show, from every single character - is awful.

Absolutely awful. It is painful to watch.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Other than Jada Pinkett's overacting, I think the acting is fine. I'm not blown away by it, but I don't have any problems with it either. Jim Gordon is supposed to be a vanilla straight man, It really isn't bothering me as much as it seems to bother other people.

I'm glad they were able to make it through a whole episode without any overt and unnecessary references, certainly a step in the right direction. Calling catwoman Selina, was that so hard? All of that cat nonsense last week was really getting on my nerves.

8. VanityHalfBlack

Hahaha, nice. Need more diverse reviews of this show. I still need to catch on though but now I'm committed to The Knick series.

9. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I'm more interested in checking out the Flash tonight

[youtube]t7FeZoFItvQ[/youtube]

10. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

I saw the leaked pilot over the summer and enjoyed it so much more than Gotham. Season 3 of Arrow starts tomorrow.

11. mrm32

mrm32 Member

The only real problem I have with Gotham is that it seems to use the Wayne murders as a crutch. We don't need to see a 10 year old Bruce every episode with him getting ideas about being a future vigilante that stands up for the people of gotham.

Focus more on Jim trying to fight the good fight against the mob and Penguin's rise to power.

12. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I could not get into it. Maybe at 30 I am just a little too old for who they are trying to grab with The Flash. The "scientist" kids are what bothered me the most for some reason. I could not stop laughing at the Arrow's pose when he meets up with Flash too....looked so unnatural and uncomfortable. Would be cool if they made it more gritty and dark but then it would not be a CW show.

13. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Read on reddit that the producers was gonna use him only for the first episode but they liked the actor so much they kept him.

14. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

The avclub.com reviews are always entertaining for Gotham. Especially the comments section

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Very much agree with this. Young Bruce and middle aged Alfred always slow down and dumb down the already simple story line every time they appear.

I just caught up last night. I like the show for what it is. Just seems like another absurd crime drama (think: Criminal Minds) with some well-known Batman characters. I may give up on it eventually but I'm still interested for now.

But the over-acting by Donal Logue (Harvey Bolluck, Gordon's partner) got real old real fast. His character is not at all interesting so I hope they kill him off sooner than later.

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

IIRC Harvey Bolluck is around when The Batman is cape crusading.

17. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Good lord, we get it! He's the riddler! The way they beat you over the head with it is so ridiculous.

Acting is horrible but I'm enjoying the story for the most part.

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Any good? Not reading the thread because spoilers. Worth watching or not?

19. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Well i am enjoying it bc i know near to nothing of batman/villains/story lines, so its entertaining for me. It seems everyone who knows these things is sorely disappointed in the show, so that sucks for yall. Granted, it is hard to actually like something that you envisioned would be better.

20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I am pretty excited about the villain for next week.