1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Team USA vs. San Antonio Spurs in a 7 game series

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 11, 2014.

?

Who will win in a 7 game series?

1. Spurs

66 vote(s)
    39.1%
  2. Team USA

103 vote(s)
    60.9%
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Who will win?

How about Team USA vs. Lebron's Cavs or KD's Thunder?

Edit: Oops, "series" not "serious" obviously. Damn auto-correct.

#1 Carl Herrera, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

San Antonio, and it wouldn't get to 5 games.

A professional team with chemistry and an established style will always beat an all-star team that just rolls the ball out there. Pretty much every team in the NBA would beat team USA.

1 person likes this.
  3. gregas

gregas Member

HAHAHA, what? Are you serious? That's some of the best superstar talent in the league. They would obliterate the competition.

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Team USA and I don't really think any game would be close.

5. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

6. VanityHalfBlack

Team USA would obliterate the Spurs, lol.

7. kemah

kemah Member

Team USA would destroy any team in the world and the NBA.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The NBA Champs each year I can guarantee would have the Best Defense of any team we see in the Worlds. That's going to win a lot of games right there.

I agree that the NBA Champ is likely to win the Worlds every year, especially if it's a NBA playoff format of 7 games series. All these National Teams are overrated whenever we watch them. People say they have "Chemistry." Yeah, they have chemistry relative to the chemistry of the teams they are playing.

There's nothing like 82 games and multiple years in a row of two months of NBA playoffs to create defensive intensity unmatched at FIBA Worlds or Olympics. I'm pretty confident nearly any NBA team would go very far in the FIBA Worlds, if not win it outright.

I say the same about Soccer. I just don't see the World Cup team being the best team in the world. But, I'll defer on that to lifelong soccer fans.

9. VanityHalfBlack

Okay, maybe I need to reassess my post. If Team USA plays an actual 82 nba season and goes to the finals and play the Spurs, maybe not obliterate is the right term. But I can see the Spurs winning maybe 1 or 2 games, that's if Team USA is completely healthy.

10. baubo

baubo Member

If there's any team in the world that can withstand injuries, it's this hypothetical USA team. If you think the Spurs can rest their core players, Team USA can rest EVERYONE whenever the hell they want to.

Team USA would beat the Spurs today handily. They would beat the Spurs handily for game 1 of the regular season if both teams go through a regular training camp and preseason. They would obliterate the Spurs in a 7 game series after an 82 game season.

11. JazzLakerHater

The Fu**ing Dallas Mavericks forced a game 7 against the Spurs. This was a GREAT Spurs team, but Team USA would stomp them boys in a 4 game sweep.

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

OP needs to clarify.

Team USA after a full NBA season, or Team USA as is, because team USA (and every national team) has no offensive chemistry, and extremely poor defensive rotations. I don't care how much talent, they would get slaughtered making the mistakes they routinely make in games.

With a full season to learn and work together, sure the talent is too great, but right now absolutely not, a good NBA team would dissect them.

13. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

spurs' starters might keep the game close but once both teams bench come in, its going to be a bloodbath and the spurs are going to get destroyed. either duncan, parker or ginobili goes down with an injury might be a sweep.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I took it as a very simple question, not a video game question. Can National Teams of all-stars who rarely play together beat the NBA Champs who practically live together for 9 months?

That's what I thought the question was. Not some imaginary Team USA who becomes an NBA Team and meets the Spurs in the Finals after a full regular season, and a 2 months of playoff preparation.

15. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Who are the refs?

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If you took team USA and had them play/train together for a couple of months, like they did for this, with the understanding that at the end of those months, instead of playing a tournament they'd play a best of 7 vs. the spurs, I don't have any doubt they would probably sweep the spurs. They're simply better and deeper at every position.

17. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Coaching and chemistry would be crucial in a 7-game series. Spurs advantage.

18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Team USA has better coaching, pop is great and all, but team usa's coaching staff is as all star as its player roster

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Team USA would destroy them

CP3, Westbrook, Curry
    Durant, Harden
    Lebron, Melo
    Lamarcus, Davis, Love
    Howard, Noah

That's the team I'd roll out there.

How exactly do the Spurs win?

20. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

It would take an all-time great team (like the 86 Celtics, 83 76ers) to beat any Dream Team/USA NBA team in a series through a full size.

You could take 4 to 6 players off, I'm pretty sure they'd wipe the floors with the Spurs.

The Spurs love on this board nauseating.