1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sergio Llull will NOT join the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 1, 2015.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

LOL @ all these butt-hurt fans crying that players who don't choose us "don't love the game." At the end of the day, this game, is THEIR CAREER. It's so easy for you to say, "forget the money, come to the NBA -- if you REALLLLLY loved the game, you would take a giant risk, potentially lose millions, and join the most difficult league in the world."

Maybe he is good enough, maybe he isn't. I won't make that judgment simply because he chose to stay home.

Some of you need to learn this is a business. These people have lives, they have goals, they have families. If I were him, I would seriously consider staying in my home country, near my home town, playing for my favorite team -- over going across the world where you are not guaranteed a damn thing.

I would have loved to see the guy play here, but I am not going to fault him for staying home.

2. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

I can see where Lakers and Knicks fans would be a little embarrassed that Greg Monroe would pick the Bucks over either of them, but how pathetic do we look that a guy would rather play in Spain than join the Rockets?

Ouch.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I am really ready to just close this chapter in Rockets history.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It's somewhat of an ongoing theme that no one wants to come and play here.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I watch crap like this from the Spurts...and get pissed off that Llull hasnt made the jump. Perhaps it was a more financially driven ploy, but regardless...he really couldve helped this team.

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&adSetCode=91cDU6NuXTGKz3OdjOxFdAgJVtQcKJnI&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:13215412&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

6. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

This guy obviously has no heart, no drive no passion to be the best in the world. To Be the Best You Can Be!

I don't want a player like that.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Garbage post.

He's happy where he is and knows he can leave when he wants. He knows he will make more money than this last offer next season when the cap jumps higher.

8. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

He must have declared for the draft, otherwise he could not have been drafted, as he doesn't meet the requirements for automatic eligibility (for international players, being 22 years old and signing a contract with and playing on a professional team in the United States; see CBA article X section 1(b)(ii)(G)). As such, he kind of said something along the lines of, "I'm going to the NBA," or perhaps more precisely, "I am putting myself out there as available to come to an NBA team if they so choose." That in no way obligates him to do so of course, but it is something of an indication that he had an interest in playing in the NBA.

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This.

Trade his rights to another team while his rights still have value. Let someone else play the "maybe next year" game.

10. Rokman

Rokman Member

I don't like the fact that he is passing coming over this year anymore than anyone else here but I will say, if I was him, I wouldn't come over this year either. I'm going to go for 1 more Championship in my home country where I am currently a God and ride the wave as long as I can then, once things die down a little bit, probably after next year, NBA wallets will be gorged with money, I'll be the hottest thing in Europe, I'll double or triple what I could have made in 2015 and whether I like the NBA or not it will have worth it financially to have come over and give it a shot.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Your totally right coachbadlee

signed,

-James Harden (accepted major extension)
    -Omer Asik (FA)
    -Jeremy Lin (FA)
    -Patrick Beverley (FA & successful Euro career)
    -Carlos Delfino (FA & international star)
    -Aaron Brooks (FA, played internationally, & formerly traded)
    -Dwight Howard (FA)
    -Trevor Ariza (FA & formerly traded)
    -Corey Brewer (traded for and re-signed)
    -Papanikolaou (FA & international FIBA star)
    -Josh Smith (FA)

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Sorry. I forgot i have to be very clear about everything i post here. I meant this offseason.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

-If Corey Brewer didn't want to play here he wouldn't have taken less money to resign.

-If Patrick Beverley didn't want to stay he would have taken more money elsewhere, and wouldn't have come to an early agreement with the Rockets.

-If Josh Smith didn't want to be here he'd already be elsewhere signed for more money. The delay obviously means he's trying to work it out with Houston.

This is about here and now this Summer with three key free agents right there.

Sergio Llull and LaMarcus Aldridge aren't the only basketball players in the world that have an opinion on Houston and the Rockets. Both of those players also have pretty damn good options where they ended up staying or going as well.

Some of you guys are just too damn sensitive about the Rockets and Houston not being the one and only destination for basketball players to want to play at all costs. There are 30 NBA teams, and some very good international destinations. The Rockets will not always be destination #1 for every free agent, but that does not mean they aren't a very, very highly sought after destination for A LOT of player regardless.

14. pass_to_Hakeem

Lol you don't wanna come play with the best 2 guard in the league? A top 5 center in the league? A team that made it to the WCF's this past season???

**** YOU!!!! Go sign with another team!!!! Stay your ass in Europe!!!!

Lmao

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I agree.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

This makes too much sense. I usually preach patience but in this instance, let's take advantage of his value while we can.

17. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

With loyalty, talent, good health, some luck, more cohesiveness, couple mo ballers, etc. This team can & will battle the team that no longer worries ;)

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

:confused: What are you talking about? Moving to the NBA is a big step, first of all you're leaving your country and friends and a place where you're the best to start from scratch. Secondly he will lose money because he has to pay a substantial buyout to his old team. Its totally not comparable at all to just picking one team over the other in the same conference.

19. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

I'd be great Llull comes over. But I can perfectly understand why he chose not to.

An MVP gets paid as he is, he feel comfortable enough to enjoy his career in his familiar old team.

20. MistaK

MistaK Member

And who exactly didn't want to come play for the Rockets this offseason? ...Other than LMA that is, who chose the Spurs. Less headache than having to deal with SnT, which would have had to happen with the Rockets regardless and the Spurs are a great franchise with a player he idolizes. So really can't fault him for his decision (also basketball wise definitely a good move).

None of the other 'big name' FAs were targeted by the Rockets. And Lull, well he wasn't going to come over anyway - there were reports about it earlier in the year. All those reports towards the beginning of FA probably got couple of people excited about the prospect of him joining the Rockets. But let's face it, that guy is probably never going to play for an NBA team and his decision to stay in Spain does not mean that he didn't want to play for Houston.