1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ultimate "James Harden Doesn't Play Defense" Video

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Possum

Possum Member

James Haren!!!!!!

2. GTO

GTO Member

You seriously think that or you are just trolling? Team needs to see video on internet to come out with strategy?

3. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

A comment from the Deadspin article:

"As a Blazer fan, I like the clips of Luke Babbitt abusing him off the dribble. I really didn't know that was possible."

Just LOL. I'm almost certain scrubs drool at the thought of Harden defending them.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It's even more infuriating because we know it's not lack of defensive skill, it's just lack of effort. We've seen Harden play killer defense before.

5. yakitori

yakitori Contributing Member

This video got a mention on the Daily Dime today over at ESPN after the Portland game.

Yea...Harden with some lazy defense in Game 1. Let's hope he steps it up.

6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

trade harden for Jeremy LIN's brother in college

7. jamphus

jamphus Member

No needs for him to carry so much on offense. We really got a lot of options other than ISO-the-beard.

Playing D is barely a basic for who wants to be a super-star and champion.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The national media has seized on this now. That video and Harden's poor defense are being mentioned along with last night's loss. Fair or not, Harden is on the verge of being officially labeled as lazy and I'm a bit concerned that might not bother him in the least. He talks about leading by putting in the extra work in the gym. Unfortunately, I've never heard anyone else say that about him.

9. Jt29

Jt29 Member

Add the OP video with this one too.

10. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Saw it on world star hip hop. He won't hear the last of it whenever he hit the club dancing with hot B****es.

Seems like if he doesn't have the ball. He's daydreaming lol

11. Play07

Play07 Member

oh wow its really on worldstar ??!! During playoff time also that’s really embarrassing :eek::eek:

12. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

13. JazzLakerHater

I've been watching the NBA for a long time and I can't remember an all star player who has been this bashed for his defense.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

"Have you seen that thread on Clutchfans? They gave us just what we need to beat the Rockets! Turns out Harden is a weak off-the-ball defender. Let's get to work guys!!! High fives all around!"

15. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

I dunno...to me, it's starting to feel like he just isn't great on defense in general, not lack of skill.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I told you guys to stop hoping a video is going to make him play harder. Nobody is holding him accountable other than youtube.

17. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Yes, but the questions is, is it justified? Most believe it is.

18. ryebread

ryebread Member

like i said before, harden is soft. he doesnt want to take charges so he literally moves to the side and allows players to walk by him and then does that stupid reach around. i also love how he pretends to get hurt all the time. some of his injuries are legit, but there are other times when he makes a terrible play on offense or defense and pretends to be hurt. he's young so i'm hoping he toughens up and learns to sacrifice his body.

19. torocan

torocan Member

Amare Stoudemire was constantly bashed for his defense.
    Dirk was bashed for being soft defensively.
    Love gets bashed for his defense.

Harden gets special attention due to his total lack of effort vs poor defense in and of itself. Nobody thinks Stoudemire is a good defender even when he tries. Many DO think that Harden is a decent defender when he tries.

That's the difference.

Bad defender despite effort = it sucks, but it is what it is
    Good defender who doesn't try = lots of mad people

And you can look up Amare Stoudemire's "defense" videos as well. He gets plenty of flack (though less now as his health is shot).

20. RocketStream

RocketStream Member

Show some f00king effort on defense Harden! Everyone else is rotating and you are just standing there!