1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Off Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 30, 2014.

1. awc713

awc713 Member

Yeah. Wonder what Suh's asking price is. We don't bring in players with character issues, and Suh seems to have some issues in that category. Granted, I dont believe he's ever been in trouble with the law.

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

He's going to want JJ Watt money. There is a negative five tribillion percent chance the Texans even kick the tires, let alone sign Suh.

3. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The sad truth is that he will look for more than what JJ got and will probably get it. Not that he is worth even half of what JJ got, but some team will make him the highest paid DEF player in history.

4. Remii

Remii Member

So you're saying Sue isn't even worth half of what J.J. got... Wow...!!!

J.J. got the contract he got because he didn't hit the free agent market and it seems to me he did the Texans a favor. If he has another two dominant years (like last year)... He may demand more money. Especially if there's multiple players making more than him. J.J. should be hoping that these defensive players sign big deals because that may help J.J. in the long run.

5. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

LeSean McCoy to Buffalo for Kiko Alonso according to Schefter. Brilliant move from Philadelphia (although Chip has a problem with too many Oregon guys).

That is the type of trade I would like to see us make with Foster.

6. Remii

Remii Member

May be a brilliant move by Buffalo considering Alonso tore his knee up last summer and the Bills didn't miss him. But I'm sure there would be a good trade market for Foster but trading Foster at this point may be one crazy azz idea considering he's the offense.

7. Coach E

Coach E Member

It wouldn't hurt to at least have a sit down with Suh, we are 18-21m under cap, we could add him.

YES - we give up a lot of other areas that could be addressed.
    But just imagine a front line of clowney, suh, watt, and whitney.

Selling Suh on the idea of playing with JJ and for Romeo, I think he would be at least somewhat interested. As long as we can pay him, we should.

8. crose

Supporting Member

Yes, that's exactly what I wrote. I'm glad you can read.

Suh is not worth half of what JJ is. Shocker that the village idiot disagrees with this.:rolleyes:

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Suh will get a contract at least half of Watt's.

But no he isn't half as good.

Salary cap, folks.

10. crose

Supporting Member

He isn't half as good, but is twice the headache.

11. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Thoughts on bringing Demeco back on a low salary deal? Good leadership, good backup ILB at low price on a team begging for depth at the position. I guess it depends on the draft a bit, but I'd like him compared to other temporary options

12. thejav

thejav Member

Time for the offence and defence to be built around JJ Watt..need to do this on every possession.. [​IMG]

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

Word is the Texans are interested in Julian Thomas. I would rather Randall Cobb if he can be had. Looks like someone is going to overpay for JT; hoping it's not the Texans

14. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Where did you hear that? I don't expect the Texans to get involved and haven't heard any such speculation.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

______________________________________________________​

16. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Need to re up Mallett, Reem, and if the money is right Newton .
    Cut Joseph, trade 80, cut/trade Myers.

Fill most of our needs with some short term incentive based deals, go after Cobb/Maclin with a fair offer without breaking the bank ($9MM a year seems reasonable). Draft well and all of a sudden we'll have a great looking cap sheet moving forward with the roster getting younger and hopefully deeper with better scouting and FA movement.

17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Pretty spot on analysis but can't see the Texans making a big FA move like Julius Thomas given the number of holes we have.

Honestly not that confident we will resign Kareem though. Very good player at a premium position and still young compared to the other CB FAs available. Need to make him a priority but I bet some team is going to make an offer we won't beat.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Seems like everyone is taking for granted that we are going to easily re-sign Mallet. All it takes is 1 out of 30 teams to make a stupid offer to him and he's gone. If you don't believe it can happen, look no further than the Browns signing McCown.

I just have this feeling he's going to bolt and we're going to be stuck with Fitz, Case, Savage and a 6th round project from this year's draft...

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash">#Bills</a> trading for Matt Cassel takes away a potential Brian Hoyer landing spot. Still has a strong market, with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jets?src=hash">#Jets</a> &amp; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> among them</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/573191963287011328">March 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I was thinking the *exact* same thing; neither he, nor the position, are even listed, which is ridiculous. He's the #1 offseason priority, IMO, and, if he jumps, upgrading Fitzpatrick becomes the #1 priority.