1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Charles Barkley apologizes to the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Apr 26, 2016.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Analytics shows that lots of people watch TNT when Barkley is on.

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

TBF it's because viewers are confused with the preview info on the guide menu. Viewers tune in expecting a donkey show, but only see Chuck on screen.

3. tinman

Supporting Member

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/nba-tnt-inside-behind-scenes-shaquille-barkley-turner

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I for one would want to see another donkey kissing show.

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

6. tinman

Supporting Member

When is Morey going to apologize to the Rockets fans??

7. tinman

Supporting Member

I want to hear what Chuck says tonight!

8. dragonz

dragonz Member

When racist people got demolished from the face of earth.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

When the apes rebel against the humans

10. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

I posted about this briefly in another thread, but has anyone else noticed how detached Kenny Smith looks out there recently? The playoffs are usually the most exciting time of the year and the real Jet looks like hes just waiting for it all to end.

Towards the end of Shaqtin a fool, you hear Kenny say that if another Rocket is on, he was going to leave.

I wonder if all of Charles's Houston Rockets bashing has caused a stir between him and Kenny, and thats why the apology came around. Tonight Barkley didnt bash the Rockets, but Shaq got his jabs in. Smith did not look entertained none the less.

11. dream2franchise

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Charles Barkley ,you better stop talking s*** about Cleveland you was never tough you hide behind TNT</p>&mdash; Charles Oakley (@CharlesOakley34) <a href="https://twitter.com/CharlesOakley34/status/728053552631926784">May 5, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

lmao.

Barkley, Jordan and Oakley were all best friends once upon a time. I think they all hate each other in some way these days?

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I didn't think Oakley and Barkley were all that tight, were they? I remember they got ejected for a fight against each other when Barkley was in Houston. Oakley was a bad bad man, though. He was one of those guys who acted tough and was.

14. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

One of my favorite Undertaker quotes described some wrestlers as "phony tough and crazy brave". Charles Oakley, legit tough and legit brave.

15. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I seem to remember this and the next time the Rockets faced whatever team Oakley was on at the time Barkley went off in that game and said I am going to keep lighting his ass up until he apologizes to me.

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Ah I remember that. I guess Jordans closest 2 friends were Oakley and Barkley. I know that for sure. Maybe the gambling life got them on another path. :(

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Barkley's response to the great Charles Oakley? &quot;He's not important enough for me to think about.&quot; -- <a href="https://t.co/RGVbqBtyD4">https://t.co/RGVbqBtyD4</a></p>&mdash; Ian Begley (@IanBegley) <a href="https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/728276914780049409">May 5, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

What did he apologize for again?

19. Rocketeer Bang

I love Chuck back in the days when he was suiting up for the Rockets. It was the twilight of his career but he was all heart and hustle, even more so than Hakeem. Pippen was a dread but Chuck had some heroic moments that were especially gratifying given his age. I don't really care what he says now because it's showbiz but I will always remember Chuck for what he gave out on the court.

Sadly, there is no one on the current roster that plays with his intensity and effort. Beverly, yes, but Bev is just so much less talented that it's hard to put the two names in the same sentence.

20. yo

yo Contributing Member

Really? Barkley admitted himself that he half-assed in his last years as a Rocket. It was clear he was never in shape.