1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Charles Barkley apologizes to the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Apr 26, 2016.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

When I was a kid I used to go to this gym called The Q with my mom...Barkley came into the locker room one day and immediately got butt as naked and walked past me and said "what's up little man". I was in shock. Couldn't move or speak.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Thats the biggest 180 because I was told to and scared $hitless of the consequences apology I have ever seen lol.

3. YaosDirtyStache

So...python or slug?

4. MONON

MONON Member

Neither do 02ers! :)

I really liked Chuck when he played for us. No one could question his effort.

However, 20 years of ragging on us wears thin & then he gets mad when someone from the Rockets responds to one of his rags!?! :confused: :mad: Also, his apology sounded like he had done nothing to instigate that response.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Wanda (from "A Fish Called Wanda": What would Plato do?

Otto: (grumbling through teeth) Apologize.

Wanda: WHAT?

Otto: Apologize.

Wanda: Right!

Otto: (louder, chin up) I'm sorry.

Wanda: No........not to me. To Archie. And make it good....or we're dead.

(later)

Otto: (alone while driving, practicing I'm s-s-s-s- (ahem) Archie, I'm so very s-s-s-s-s-F*** YOU!

(Otto eventually apologizes after unwittingly attacking the same man senseless....

TNT probably forced Chuck to apologize in a like fashion.

6. alethios

alethios Member

Otto was pretty much an idiot, so I can see the similarity with Barkley. But I believe you're right that it pained him to have to apologize especially publicly.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Do people outside of Houston really give a rats ass about any of this?

Who is it impacting perception towards?

The only people really getting in a tizzy are Houstonians who already follow the Rockets. If any other players or GM's are being swayed by the expert opinions of Charles Barkley, they're doing it wrong.

Fans, on the other hand (specifically Rockets fans), eat this stuff up... hence why its the most popular show (also in part because it doesn't get structured/censored). ESPN pales in comparison... with its vanilla kiss-ass coverage.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Oh well this means Le$ is about to fire Mauri and appoint Chuck Barkley as the new Rockets GM or Murray is going to hire Chuckster as the new Rockets coach

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Don't be weird.

10. YaosDirtyStache

Just asking the tough questions.

11. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

This might've been said earlier in the thread, don't really feel like sifting through a bunch of "adults" slurping themselves.

But if Moronic and Toad don't apologize a tweet back to him (maybe they did, I don't got twitter either), it's really going to be a bad look on the organization.

Both sides were taking shots, but only one will admit he was wrong to do so. Especially against Les who Chuck unnecessarily brought into it again, that's probably what this apology is all about.

He didn't say anything about the Rockets that the entire world isn't saying already, and he didn't apologize for that either, so people might look at this as Moronic and Toad being petty, leaders of a "professional" team.

12. SunsRocketsfan

haha cheap skate Les is not spending a penny on any lawsuit. Plus I think Turner Broadcasting network has a bit more leverage than Les. They know they don't have a show without Barkley

13. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

hahaha, I love this...

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Should have taken pictures. You would have made a decent fortune selling them to TMZ and other paparazzi.

15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

the fact he has to look down to remember the names of who he is apologizing to goes to show he's doing it because someone higher up told him to do it..

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You seem to always miss the fact that Barkley sounds like a guy R2K would ban in 10 posts (TOAD SMITH lulz, MOREY is an IDIOT!) TNT is very popular during the playoffs.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

There is no chance a lawsuit was threatened. Les calls the NBA, the NBA calls TNT.

The NBA and TNT are together in a multi billion dollar contract. ESPN punks out all the time to the NFL and NCAA. TNT is nothing. An apology is nothing.

All this means is he will stop with the name calling and go harder with on the court team insults.

18. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Its a 180 from his "hell gonna freeze over" rant when san antonio fans wanted an apology from Charles about his usual big ole women in SA jokes. So yeah someone above him told him to apologize.

19. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I reject this backwards voodoo juju baloney curse chuck is trying to psyche us out with. Like when worrell does it to free throw shooters by over complimenting...

Playing nice. Good one lol

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]Rockets GM Daryl Morey: No issues with Charles Barkley

SAN FRANCISCO - Rockets general manager Daryl Morey was surprised to hear that Charles Barkley apologized to him, Rockets CEO Tad Brown and Rockets owner Leslie Alexander on the air Tuesday.

Morey was not surprised just because Barkley's comments on TNT's "Inside The NBA" were in such stark contrast to his mocking the Rockets' front office on Sunday. Instead, Morey did not think Barkley needed to apologize to him.

"It was appreciated, but unnecessary," Morey said. "I think he's the best at what he does. I don't have any issues with him. The only time we got sideways in the past (last season during a Rockets game in Phoenix) was when he was stating something as a fact that wasn't true. He said we had a bad defense, but we were top 10 in the league. Otherwise, again, he's a big reason why the NBA is so popular."[/rQUOTEr]