1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2014-15

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 29, 2014.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Bledsoe, Monroe (4 years 54 million each) and Kevin Martin.

Papanikolaou, Jones, Powell, Canaan and Pelicans 1st for Bledsoe

Gee, Motiejunas, Hopson, Capela, Covington, Johnson for Monroe

Rockets 2017 first, rights to Llull for Martin(TPE) and Turiaf(TPE)

PG: Bledsoe, Beverley, Smith
    SG: Harden, Martin, Daniels
    SF: Ariza, Garcia
    PF: Monroe, Adrian, Dorsey
    C : Howard, Turiaf

Use BAE on a forward, use vet minimum to sign more depth.

2. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Keep dreaming buddy.

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I faaaaaaaaar prefer dishing any assets for a 1 year rental on Milsap (with re-sign potential) than dishing for the opportunity at giving a longterm max money to injury plagued 'I deserve more than Lowry even though I've done nothing' Bledsoe...

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I will.

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

"It's likely that Delfino will be waived..."

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Look for Clippers to waive &amp; stretch Carlos Delfino before the week is out. Must happen by Aug. 31 to affect Clips' books for coming season</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/504580648795766785">August 27, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

Denver in: J. Rich, Hopson, Powell, Thabeat
    Philly in: Gee
    Atl: McGee, T. Jones, T. Wroten
    Hou in: Millsap, Q. Miller

Denver does it to get more bigs since they might be trading Mozgov and get McGee off the books....Atl does it to get Big Al a center to play beside and scoring punches with T. Jones and a good potential 6th man in Wroten....Philly does it to tank more...we do it to better our line up Bev. Harden Ariza Millsap Howard starting.....Bench becomes Canaan Daniels Pap Adrien D Mo
    Top reserves Dorsey, Garcia

D. League can be Miller, Clint, Johnson
    Saves NOP pick to upgrade pg if need be

8. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

so I havent been on here in a few days.. but im seeing a lot of dragic talk all of a sudden.

Do we all a sudden have a realistic chance of bringing him back?

9. CertifiedTroll

No. We don't.

10. Pete the Cheat

how about the conditional Pelicans pick for Tom Thibodeau?

final championship piece?

11. fattz

fattz Member

Pete you may be on to something. The team would play a lot better. It would be a would start --> still need help at the point and powerforward spots.

12. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Nah. None of the point guards talked about are realistic right now. We have an ok package with kostas and Tjones and NOP pick and the youngsters, but maybe during the season if new Orleans have a slow start and some of those players play well it could grab us one of those guys if they're also in bad situations

13. Rokman

Rokman Member

I am not concerned about an upgrade with Beverly and Jones because they are already going to be upgraded naturally since they had a full NBA season as starters this last year. Expect at least a 15 - 20% improvement in their understanding and effectiveness on the court from last year. What we NEED is a defensive coordinator! I would trade every pick we have for Thibs and never look back. Have McHale coordinate the O and let Thibs run the D. We would be legit.

14. rogower

rogower Member

I feel very strongly that Daryl Morey is planning to do the following between now and the February trade deadline:

1) Consolidate the roster, and vastly improve the team's ability to later trade two or, more likely, three players (plus draft picks) for one very good but expensive veteran player, by packaging the "future star" (not being serious btw) Donatas Motiejunas with Ish Smith and either Alonzo Gee, Scotty Hopson, or Josh Powell for a more expensive player whose contract expires at the end of the season and one second round pick, preferably a pick projected to be at or near the top of the second round. Motiejunas is not very good and will likely never be very good, and the team should get superior production from both Jeff Adrien and Robert Covington.

2) Before the February trade deadline, package the player acquired for Motiejunas and change with a) Kostas Papanikolaou, b) either Clint Capela, Isaiah Canaan, or Nick Johnson, and c) the New Orleans Pelicans first round pick for a very good veteran player, presumably a PG or a PF.

I have identified a number of Motiejunas trades that accomplish (a). Here they are:

Donatas Motiejunas (or "DM") + Ishmael Smith (or "IS") + one of the nonguaranteed expendables (Gee, Hopson, or Powell, hereafter referred to as " NG") to Philly for Jason Richardson + one of their 2015 second round picks (their own pick, Orlando's pick, and New Orleans' pick)

M + S + NG to New York for Samuel Dalembert + 2018 Knicks second round pick

M + S + NG to Sacramento for Jason Terry + 2015 Knicks second round pick

M + S + NG to Orlando for Ben Gordon + 2016 Magic second round pick

M + S + NG to Minnesota for J.J. Barea + 2015 Timberwolves second round pick

M + S + NG to Boston for Joel Anthony + 2015 Celtics or 76ers second round pick

M + S + NG to Detroit for Jonas Jerebko + 2015 Pistons second round pick

M + S + NG to Dallas for Brandan Wright + somewhat distant Mavs second round pick

M + S + NG to Toronto for Landry Fields + 2017 Raptors second round pick

M + S + NG to Washington for Kevin Seraphin + 2016 Wizards second round pick

M + S to Indiana for Chris Copeland + 2015 Pacers second round pick

M + S to Charlotte for Gary Neal + somewhat distant Hornets second round pick

M + S to Denver for Darrell Arthur + 2017 second round pick

I expect one of the above trades to happen by late October, before final fifteen man rosters are due. I realize that many of the above players suck but Houston is trading for a) the largercontract (larger than Motiejunas + Smith make combined) and b) the (preferably high) second round pick. I also expect for Rockets fans to whine initially but get over it very shortly thereafter.

15. akeemshook

akeemshook Member

Ish can't be traded before the season.

16. Remlap

Remlap Member

[​IMG]

17. Sanity2disChaos

Bos in: Bledsoe
    Out: rondo

PHX in: pelies pick, picks from boston, unguaranteed cotracts and maybe a player like monte
    out:Bledsoe

Hou in:Rondo/Bass (maybe in separate trade)
    Out:picks, unguaranteed contracts and Monte

18. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

That's a legit trade I think Bos would want T Jones and maybe throw in Faveroni or whatever his name is a move like that will give us a 3 year window to contend

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

3 Trades

- Gee and Powell to Kings for Terry

- Hopson and Covington to 76'ers for Shved, Richardson(TPE)

- Richardson, Terry, Shved, Jones, Capela, Pelicans 1st, Rockets 1st and multiple 2nds to Celtics for Rondo and Green.

Sign O'Neal with BAE, cut Ish Smith and Tarik Black.

PG: Rondo / Beverley
    SG: Harden / Daniels / Garcia
    SF: Ariza / Papanikolaou
    PF: Green / Motiejunas / Adrian
    C : Howard / O'Neal / Dorsey

Inactive: Canaan, Johnson

20. bmd

bmd Member

Nailed it.