1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. archinkent

archinkent Member

Ah this thread... we meet again.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

Bev, Smith, Canaan...

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

That's right: you are unhappy because of Kevin MilkHair! It makes perfect sense!

(Actually, you are just unhappy. It's not because of basketball.)

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Guess it goes without saying...

Woj listed Kevin McHale among coaches on the hot seat.

Start with Kevin McHale - They were first round losers last year after adding Dwight Howard, James Harden. They lose Chandler Parsons, that's a big loss but this is the final year of his deal. He's turned his defense over to J.B. Bickerstaff. They like what they've seen on the defensive end in training camp. If they get better on that end of the floor, advance a round, I believe he'll be back. Another first round exit, that could be the end for McHale.

(Also mentioned Monty Williams & Scott Brooks.)

5. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

So in other words: we have to hope for a freaking 1st round exit again..:(

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

how did he get the milk hair nickname LOL

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Tweet to Morey I believe

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Twitter off the rails lately RT <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonerJob">@HoustonerJob</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey">@dmorey</a> Hello,I'am a funs of Houston Rockets.I think Milk Hair was so fool we lost 3 matches</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/461146803618848768">April 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He bumped into a player kidd style and the dropped milk in his hair.

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Ah yes this thread. It's like a prostate cancer that stays with you for 20 years, outlasting all your dying geriatric friends to the point where it's the oldest companion you have left.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Over/Under 81.5 times this thread gets bumped during the season? Will we go one game without it?

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

How can someone so dominant as a post up player be sooo bad at coaching team offense in post up situations.

I have yet to see a post up run where at least one wing doesn't run their man into the lane right as the player goes to make their move towards the basket. No movement at all off the ball, and then as soon as the player posting up actually decides to go one one one THAT is when you decide to run into him as if that's going to make their shot any easier.

I've been called a McHale apologist before, but even I just can't get past this. The Rockets offense so far this year just looks awful, and the defense is starting to unravel again & bad habits are starting to show their ugly heads. Just not really sure what they did all September and October.

12. jk103

jk103 Member

If anyone's curious about how much of an impact a coach can have on a team, watch GSW this season. Assuming they're healthy, I'd be shocked if they weren't a top 3 offense this season, compared to 12th last season, with only minor changes to their bench and a head coach who isn't Mark Jackson.

13. craguin

craguin Member

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This is what I never understand. Whenever I see someone pass the ball to Dwight down low when has position (usually Bev or Parsons and Lin in the past), what's the reason for the passer to run down the middle and take his man with and thereby crowd the paint where Dwight is supposed to go to work. Also, it's easier to throw double teams at Dwight once the passer's man is in the lane too. I have seen this happen on every post up. There has got to be a reason. Any McHale fan care to explain?

Common sense would ay you throw the ball to Dwight down low and then spot up at some corner and leave Dwight with as much space as possible to do his work.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

Back to the thread, Morey and his infatuation with getting that 3rd star by all means is proving to be a detriment to the Rockets. It is a means of justifying the utter incompetency and cluelessness of McHale. It's almost a cop out excuse to hold on to a joke of a coach, and possible the worst in the league.

I repeat. A good coach is more of an importance to this team than that 3rd star. Moreover, I believe with a good coach, chances of obtaining a 3rd star with championship expectations go up ten fold rather than holding on to this clown cheerleader McHale masquerading as a coach.

Look at the Spurs. Every McHale apologist says oh Pop has three stars (all stars?) and all this talent etc etc.

What people don't remember is stars and top end don't always fall into your lap. Was Ginobili an all star caliber talent when drafted 57th? NO. Was Parker a top end talent when drafted 28th? Hell No

Sometimes, you have to make your own all stars with what you have.

I am a Morey fan but the hiring and subsequent not firing of McHale in the excuse of there not beign enough talent or need a 3rd all star is something I will never ever accept.

2 people like this.
  16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Without Morey being who he is we wouldn't have Harden.

With Morey having McHale we wouldn't have Dwight.

The ends justify the means and Morey's way has gotten us from cheering for Lowry and Kevin Martin to here.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They pronounce McHale Milk Hair in Chinese. And Milk Hair dies hard

18. FTW Rockets FTW

Again, I'm a Morey fan and he did get us Harden. No issues.

But McHale had very little to do with getting Dwight. That is just false propaganda that the McHale fans swallow. Dwight was hell bent on leaving LA and MDA. Dwight came to Houston to play primarily because of Harden, Dream and to an extent Parsons and the young nucleus Morey had. McHale was just a cop out excuse from MDA.

Do you even think Dwight respects McHale's coaching that much? You just have to listen to his responses regarding McHale to sense that Dwight really doesn't give a rat's a$$ about McHale the coach.

19. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Yes you do.

20. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Where do you get this stuff from? By all accounts I've heard, McHale was a major reason that Dwight wanted to come here. The common theme of the players is that they respect him. Argue all you want about him being a horrible coach, but don't distort the picture.