1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Newlin

Newlin Member

I also don't see any small trades doing us much good at this point. That's why I was trying to get a few opinions on what many of us never thought possible a few weeks ago, trading Harden.

I don't want to trade Harden. But if it turns out that Harden is unhappy in Houston. And if it turns out that Harden is the root cause of many of our problems, then we may have to trade Harden.

We don't really know what's happening behind the scenes. But we do know that it's a disaster on the court. Even with the Rockets poor season so far, Harden's value has to be huge. Are Morey and Les going to be content to just ride out this horrible season, and then try to make tweaks to the team next summer? I think a lot has to do about whether they think Harden is the kind of star, the kind of leader that can win a championship.

My guess is that they don't make any big trades during the season, and then basically ask Harden what he wants in the off season. But what if Harden just doesn't want to be here? Then, I think we need to Consider trading Harden.

There are teams that have been stockpiling assets. Lots of assets. Those assets combined with Capela and DMo could be the beginning of a quick rebuild.

Never thought I would even be considering any of this a few weeks ago.

2. Rocket_Man_2.0

3. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Haha, the Knicks would never trade Zingis unless we traded Harden.

But can you imagine a Capela/Zingis frontcourt? Now THAT I would watch.

4. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

2 trade that could help reform this team, major change up..

This we know either tjones or dmo going to get paid, so one has to go. Howard will probably opt out this year if things get worse and try to get 1 last contract. Rockets need to get something now for Howard why his value is high. Rockets must build for the future around Harden in draft and get Durant this offseason.

TRADE 1 : Howard,Harell, Tjones for Nene, Gortat, and 1st Round #12

Trade 2 : Ty Lawson and Pick # 9 (From Denver) for D.Collison,B Mclemore, Moreland Pick #6

Nene is 13 Million expiring, and you would get Gortat plus #1 for Howard. This is a no brainer trade.

Lawson for Collison would give you a pg who might fit in better with harden, and to move down to #6 and try to draft Ivan Rabb whos suppose to be the next Chris Bosh.
    Moreland and Mclemore are good young bench peices with this trade.

D.Collison
    Harden
    Ariza
    D.Mo
    Gortat

Would be your lineup, it would be a toss up bandaid around season and to me that lineup is a change and still looks strong with nene off the bench.., but nene expiring would net you a big time player in the free agency(durant) and he would replace tjones mins this year.

D.Collison,Beverly, #12
    Harden,Brewer,McLemore
    Durant,Ariza,Dekker
    Ivan Rabb, Capela, Moreland
    D.mo,Gortat

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You would make our defense even worse than it is now, which is very hard to achieve.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

At this point I'd somewhat think the Knicks would decline a Porzingis for Harden trade.
    Porzingis is young, had a much better start than expected and has an incredible skillset and upside which make him look like a future all-star on both ends. The skillset and fluidity he has at 7'3 is unmatched in recent history, I really don't think the Knicks would give that up for a guy that just excels at offense, is incredibly bad at defense and has enormous character and motivation issues.

7. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Both Rockets & Pelicans are sucking beyond belief. So here is my wacky never gonna happen trade scenario.

To Pelicans:
    James Harden
    Dwight Howard
    TJ
    1st Round Pick

To Rockets:
    Anthony Davis
    Eric Gordon
    Ryan Anderson
    Donte Cunningham

Rockets line-up looks like this:
    Ty / Bev
    Gordon /
    Ariza / Brew / KJ
    Anthony Davis / DMo / Anderson / Harrell
    Capela / ?

Maybe adjust the trade to bring back Asik as well.

#1267 crash5179, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  8. finsraider

finsraider Member

While I don't think this trade is realistic, I do see an opportunity for another trade between Houston and New Orleans:

Houston In: Ryan Anderson, Quincy Pondexter, Norris Cole
    NOP In: Lawson, TJones, McDaniels

9. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Luke babbitt> Pondexter in this system

10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Im curious to what the price to acquire avery bradley would be. he is seeming like the perfect fit. He plays off the ball and plays good defense and can knock down a shot decently. He would help cover hardens defensive woes and lets harden keep the ball in his hands.

So I wonder if something like this is plausible, after December 14th of course.

Houston out: Lawson/McDaniels/NYK2nd/Denver2nd(2017)
    Houston in: Bradley/Foye

Boston out: Bradley/Jarebko
    Boston in: Lawson/Mcdaniels/NYK2nd

Denver out: Foye
    Denver in: Jarebko/2017 2nd rd pick back

Boston is currently looking at 60mill in capspace and im sure ainge will look to swing some major sticks this offseason. They are getting a early 2nd. He doesnt need capspace but you could sell ainge on an extra 12 mill in expiring. plus your taking on his longer contracts and giving added flexibility for boston.

Houston is eating into its capspace and idk if morey is willing to eat that much future salary and detriment to our flexibility. Thats why we would add a 3rd team like denver to forward jarebko's contract to them while acquiring a smaller contract. We are losing 2 more future 2nds, but we are in win now mode and 2nds are only so valuable to a hopeful contender.

Denver is jus cashing in on a minimal expiring that doesnt have much worth for getting back there future 2nd back, while also taking on an extra year of salary.

Thoughts?

11. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

Bradley would be quite awesome fit next to Harden. I thought we should of trade for him a couple years ago but we Beverly was on the "Rise" and he was injured. He might come to a very expensive price thought he is a better and taller version of Wolverine Who can I give up for Him ? Boston Doesn't need a Point Guard they need bigs or a Wing. Maybe the Sac Kings can help us with Ben Mc.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Don't see why Denver is needed, they send Foye and take on a 3 year 15 mill homeless version of Gallo just for a 2017 2nd? Don't see it.

Also don't see it for Boston, they like Bradley he's a great role player and they where fine with giving Jerekbo his contract. Lawson + IT seems like a disaster to me, you can't have 2 ball dominant, defensive liability midgets taking 48 minutes at the point.

They probably would like KJ, and picks of course but that's not enough IMO. If we where to snag Bradley it would have to be a 3 way, with them receiving a good wing or decent pick.

1 person likes this.
  13. BigMaloe

well actually jarebko is this year and next only at 5 mill. denver isnt needed, i just imagine Morey would rather send jarebko further away. foye is useless just like jarebko just with a larger contract hence the pick back. but i understand if its not enough.

as for boston idk if they would take it or not. i know they would like KJ and his contract. thats why i said sell ainge on expiring and ridding him of contracts.

but like i said im more curious as to how much value avery actually holds. he is just a better and healthier beverley.

14. malakas

malakas Member

We cant get bradley with any of the assets we are willing to trade.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

KJ + 2nd pick for TJ McConnell

16. BigMaloe

I imagine so but he is an ideal target.:(

17. fattz

fattz Member

We have Howard and a lot of uncertainty going forward with him. This is Harden's team. We are paying for a superstar and playing Howard like a role player anyway. Lee is perfect "filler" plus Boston has a lot of picks, too. They don't have space to develop ALL of their picks. They are able to become a win now team in the East after the trade. We get better, too. One more time 25M per is a lot for a sometimes super star to be played like a role player.

Like in anything one must give to receive

18. BigMaloe

You don't trade Dwight. He is a player you invested heavily in. At worse the rockets just let him walk for cap space after not agreeing to terms.

19. malakas

malakas Member

oh I didn't think Dwight was on of the assets most people consider "willing to trade". If he is it's still up for debate. It depends a lot on what Ainge has in mind.

I think that the title 3+D is thrown around like it means simple role player but the fact is that 3+D is actually pretty damn hard to find. As teams have gotten smarter the prices of such players has also gone up.

If we want a bradley we should identify bradleys before they get a mini breakout seasons as he has right now. It will cost much less.
    I think such a candidate may be Mclemore. The problem is that he has horrible handles and can be relegated only as a shooter. I think his defence has and will continue to get better but his handles will not. But if we get him for cheap and give a 8 per extension or around that, then we can have a young wing who can shoot and play defence for years. And he will continue developing. Just an idea.

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

A legit post player asap and not including d-mo