1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Draft: QB Progress Watch

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Honey Bear, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I thought all he did was sit on the bench.....

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Cardale is a dumbass who won't be able to grasp NFL offenses

[​IMG]

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Who gives a ****? Yeah, good QBs probably played on good college teams, but:

1)It doesn't necessarily work the other way around. A good college team doesn't necessarily mean their QB will be good in the NFL.

2)Who said they need to go undefeated? Aaron Rodgers was 18-7 at Cal. Despite the popular opinion of idiots, QBs are not wholly responsible for wins and losses.

By your logic, Deshuan Watson and CJ Beathard should be considered top NFL prospects since they too are undefeated.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You know it was around 2 seasons ago when people were saying crazy things like this about Teddy Bridgewater and, well I'll just let his second season record speak for itself.
    Haters like you guys are needed. We need to drive his stock down as much as possible. We want to get a better line for him. Keep up the good work guys!!

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, it speaks for itself that Bridgewater has passed for the 28th most yards per game this season and that he has 6 interceptions to only 8 TD's on the season....

Looks like everyone who said that he was a middling at best game manager was right. He's super awesome at handing the ball off to the league's leading RB though.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Why are stats relevant for Bridgewater but not for Mallet?

What do Mallet's stats look like?

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well there's sample size issues in that he only played 2 full games where he passed for 236 yards per game which would be more than Bridgewater....and none of Teddy's receivers are near the top of the league in dropped passes.

Mallett also threw for one TD and one interception in those games which would have him with more TD's and more interceptions (but of course a lot of those interceptions were due to drops or tipped passes)

Basically if you have either of those QB's, you'd do well to be looking for an upgrade in the draft or in FA......but I'd take either of them over Hoyer.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

You're like the IRS. Just when Bobby thinks he is making a lot of cents (sense); you remind him he doesn't really have that much.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, you think his crazy ramblings does that? That's one theory I guess.

I mean, he does his best to troll me, but most of it is poorly thought out or just outright ill-conceived and some of it is just proving that he doesn't actually understand what is going on.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I've never seen somebody go out of his way more to defend a player who is universally known and considered to be a bad player with noticeable character issues than Bobby does with Mallett.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Like seriously...is there anybody besides Bobby that thinks Mallett has any semblance of value in the NFL?

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I've never defended his character and I'll I've said when it comes to his play is that he's better than Hoyer who is total garbage.....so bad that we picked a guy up off the couch and he was instantly better.

Apparently that's some kind of advanced concept that is REALLY hard for some here to grasp.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

Nope. Not one. Even snoop has given up on him

[​IMG]

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Nah, he does that to himself.

15. Mr. Clutch

What does it say that the guy on the couch looked far better than Mallet has ever looked in any NFL game?

You brought up stats earlier.

Try looking at them when talking about Mr. Couch vs. Mr. Cannon Dirt Arm.

But don't look at Hoyers stats. You might start crying

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL SMH, thanks for reminding me that I'm making the mistake of trying to talk football with basketball fans on a basketball site.

17. Mr. Clutch

He was so bad in that small sample he was immediately benched for the first excuse possible- he hurt his tummy.

Seriously, he was so terrible that every single person in the Houston metropolitan area (6,313,158 people) has moved on except you.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mallet career QB rating- 63

Guy on the couch career QB rating- 75

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Ezekiel seems like a headcase the Texans won't take on.

Hackenburg has looked awful many, many times in his Penn State career.

I don't like either pick.