1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Texans plan to cut Andre Johnson if he refuses pay cut

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by joeson332, Dec 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Andre is going to be pissed. Stop talking Texans. You are giving Dre incentive to juice.

2. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not that AJ80 needs any more fuel or motivation coming into this year, but yeah, McNair isn't mincing words there.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The banner needs to be updated. I still see AJ.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think anyone is really worried about Andre Johnson anymore. He's just not that feared player anymore.

5. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Assuming he doesn't go Beast mode on us, more balls in his direction versus Hilton's might be a good thing for the Texans :grin:

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely, the Colts taking throws away from Hilton and forcing them to Dre would be awesome for us.

7. conquistador#11

yet he was the one drawing the double coverages and best corners. Mind blowing but I think the reason for andre's lack of yards was that qb couldn't hit andre on the andre routes.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He really wasn't doubled very often because most corners could make him a non-factor by themselves. I get the "blame the QB" route is popular, but it didn't stop Nuk Hopkins....

It seems Andre isn't the only one who doesn't want to admit he lost a step or two.

9. conquistador#11

^by that logic, deandre lost 2 steps, since he went awol the last handful of games. Or it could be that maybe just maybe case felt more comfortable with the routes andre had going than Deandre. Fitz had time w/ dhop in otas. let's not go full brain dead either. He is no longer 23 and is now more prone to injuries, but he can still double move the best corners in football, like the one on haden which mallet just under threw. You could have had Antonio gates 2005 and the TE position would have also been ignored. Most of it was on Fitzy and I like fitzy.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hey I'm fine with you not being able to realize that Andre clearly has lost a step or two. You don't have to get defensive about it.

11. Jay713

Jay713 Member

That's Clubber Lang.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The most awesome thing for us is Fitzpatrick no longer throwing passes for us

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, you're hopeless.

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Very true but we're still bad at qb.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully we'll be better at QB this season than we were last season, because that would mean Mallett is legit.

16. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

He really just needs to be quiet.

17. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I will echo the fact that those comments are stupid. Dre didn't give a damn last year. It's not that he lost a step - he just lost the love of playing for a perrenial loser.

Bob - shut it. Let him get his ring (maybe) retire after a few and bring him back as a liaison

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So you'd rather believe that he's a whiny diva that was intentionally a detriment to the team rather than believing that time is starting to catch up to him and that he's lost a step?

That's an interesting take, but why the hell would we accept him back if that's the case?

19. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

go home bobby - you're drunk

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I am home, and I'm not drunk yet.....but none of that has anything to do with what we're talking about.

If Dre was some kind of malcontent that was a detriment to the team, which is what you are suggesting, why would we ever want to honor him?

Getting old and losing a step is understandable, but if he was hurting the team on purpose then he can piss off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.