1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Officiating points of emphasis for Game 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SooneRockStro, May 19, 2015.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Harden was not going for the foul. Look at the game again please. Every time he attacked the rim he was being scrapped acrossed the arm or being pulled from behind.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We've been battling the official all season long, so what makes anybody think things will be different in the WCF. You do know the Warriors and Curry are favorites by many, therefore these refs will not call it evenly. We just have to fight through it and handle our business. Rockets in 6.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They addressed this and said that since he was running on the break (even though he didn't have the ball) that he was part of the play and therefore the foul wasn't away from the play. LOL

4. josegaru

josegaru New Member

Plenty of moving screens, but they need to run through them to get the foul call. Multiple times they try to run around the pick and make minimal contact. Force the call!

5. SemisolidSnake

It's a tough situation, because the Rockets will NOT be able to get away with the same thing the Warriors are doing. And we won't be able to playoff-foul, because we'll get called for flagrants for playing too rough with the league's favorite child. We're playing the Golden State Lebrons. Curry's MVP trophy should have been a tiara.

I still felt good about how we looked, and we did only lose by 4 in their arena. I think with a fews adjustments, we can actually win the series in spite of the dodgy reffing crap.

6. The Stig

The Stig Member

Looks like I got my wish.

This may sound ridiculous but shouldn't the Rockets win Game 2?

7. Precision340

Precision340 Member

Blatant illegal screens where the screen was never set.. I remember Cuban complaining to the league about Yao setting illegal screens after they lost the first 2 games a couple of years back.. refs then started to call those fouls and the entire series changed. Let's see what happens in game 2. Those non calls on Harden were criminal.. a foul is a foul no matter if it's the regular season or the playoffs!!!

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Can't believe I'm saying this but give me some Joey Crawford for Game 2. C'mon Joey, I know you have it in ya!!!

9. lockmat

lockmat Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jqv-pKh8jaw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

nice try. If you try to run through it then you just get bear hugged.

11. WestendMassive

Terry tried to run through a moving Ezeli screen and got whistled for the foul. They're just not going to call them it seems...