1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets re-call Donatas Motiejunas from D-League.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Feb 1, 2016.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The RGV are serving snake charmers. Not too shabby

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lots of posters here are either dumb or using the Rox to vent out all the anger and frustration they have in life. They have a hard time at work/school/life, so they come home, relax, open CF and hate on the Rox. On one hand it is really irritating, but on the other hand at least whether the Rox win or lose one segment of the fanbase is extremely happy, and the board is always active no matter what happens.

Regarding DMO, I think the Rox are just trying to game the system by having him play as many mins as possible while minimizing the actual negative impact he has on games due to him not being in game shape.

3. omgTHEpotential

"This wasn't planned," Motiejunas said. "Yesterday, I visited three states in one day so it was exhausting. They told me they need me. I'm in the D-League to help the team, to prepare myself to help the team. It's not like I'm going there for my purposes. So they called me and said there is a problem. T.J. got in an accident. I hope he's good. Clint doesn't feel good. Montrezl is sick. They need me.

"But today, they got some magic beans. Clint is healthy. I'm going back to help the D-League team. It's funny, but it's not funny. Traveling is not my favorite thing to do. But I'm going back to help Matty (Brase, the Vipers' coach) win some games."

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Any of the Austin folks want to watch Dmo next week with me when he is playing the Austin Spurs?

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

DMo's wild ride Wed and Thurs, and updates from him

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...s-report-D-Mo-becomes-human-yo-yo-6808645.php

------------------------------------------------------
    Rockets report: D-Mo becomes human yo-yo
    By Jonathan Feigen
    February 4, 2016

PHOENIX - Hours after the Rockets sent forward/center Donatas Motiejunas to the NBA Development League on Wednesday, they called him to join the Rockets in Phoenix. But soon after Thursday's shootaround, he headed back to the D-League.

Motiejunas had flown with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers to Bakersfield, Calif., for Thursday's game only to be told the Rockets might need him against the Suns.

With forward Terrence Jones out after his car accident on the way to Wednesday's flight to Phoenix, center/forward Clint Capela questionable with a strained hip flexor and forward Montrezl Harrell out with an illness, the Rockets expected to be short-handed in the frontcourt.

But Capela was cleared to play, allowing Motiejunas to return to Bakersfield and the plan to have him work his way into shape in the D-League.

"This wasn't planned," Motiejunas said. "Yesterday, I visited three states in one day, so it was exhausting. They told me they need me. I'm in the D-League to help the team, to prepare myself to help the team. It's not like I'm going there for my purposes. So they called me and said there is a problem. T.J. got in an accident. I hope he's good. Clint doesn't feel good. Montrezl is sick. They need me.

"But today, they got some magic beans. Clint is healthy. I'm going back to help the D-League team. It's funny, but it's not funny. Traveling is not my favorite thing to do. But I'm going back to help Matty (Brase, the Vipers' coach) win some games."

Motiejunas will play two games with the Vipers before a decision is made about remaining in the D-League for next week's game in Austin. Motiejunas, who wanted the assignment, had 10 points and seven rebounds in 20 minutes in his first game with the Vipers.

"I prefer the plan," Motiejunas said. "I told Daryl (Morey, the Rockets general manager), 'If I don't play, what's the point in me coming?' I want to held help the team, but I don't see myself helping the team if I'm not in shape."
    ------------------------------------------------------​

6. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

You offering me a ticket or something lol?

7. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

DMO is 100% correct. The rockets can be yo-yo'ing him back in forth.

8. omgTHEpotential

Not only the Rockets don't give DMo any minutes, but they are also interfering with him getting back into game shape. I like Morey, but man, there re-calls back and forth are beyond stupid.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He's not complaining about the recalls..that's part of the plan. He needs to be back here, so the rox staff can monitor him. They're not going to let DLeague trainers run his rehab. Dmo didn't mind traveling unexpectedly to help cover for TJ, but when Clint was cleared, DMo knew he likely wouldn't play. That's what his complaint was. He didn't want to be there just in case of emergency and miss playing 20+ mins with RGV...so they sent him back to play witht he Vipers.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The team should send a trainer down there to work with him......the entire time he is there.

DD

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

You want to send an asst trainer to handle that? We're not talking about rehabbing an ankle sprain. Dr. Biles is the one who is always working with DMo.

And like i wrote..Dmo's issue isn't going back and forth from RGV to houston. He just didn't want to sit on the bench last night for the Rockets and miss actually playing for RGV.

12. DaDakota

Yeppers......I get it...did he play for the vipers?

DD

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

14. DaDakota

One better here are his highlights.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/14YtDH9wjTM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DD

15. heypartner

View it like an away game. He stays home at Toyota Center, works with Dr Biles and crew (and team practices) and sleeps in his own bed. Hidalgo is an hour flight for an "away" game. The Bakersfield games was planned for him to attend. So, he just flew to PHO from Cali on short notice, but wasn't needed, so flew back to Bakersfield. That was somewhat screwy. But the rest of the week, Vipers had four days off.

16. DaDakota

He was at an AWAY Vipers game I believe.

DD

17. heypartner

It doesn't matter where they are. Why fly back to Hidalgo, instead of Houston and work out at TC with team, trainers and sleep in own bed. Vipers games just work like away games that you fly to. Especially the games throughout TX and OK. Give him special treatment vs busing it to the various TX and OK venues. Plus Vipers had 4 days off this week.