1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

interesting day. momos losing steam. I think nflx could go to 355 by Friday. this monthly options exp is gonna be interesting.

2. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

Lots of dark pool activity selling into the move up today. I'm tightening stops up on any of my longs that I didn't get out of today.

3. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

How do you see this activity?

4. Ron from the G

I don't. I'm not that bright. =) A guy I know with some algos that monitor HFT activity.

5. benchmoochie

I found it odd that the Russell 2000 went up. Anyhow we know that all the fund managers are behind the 8 ball and chasing alpha rest of year..thats why they buying up apple which is in their mind a safe haven and can get gains out of it. But on the flip side hedge funds gotta bring this stuff down before end of year so they can buy for a run up and create more "gains" ha ha.

6. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Looking to get back into the market after a couple months away.

Looking at biotech's or consumer goods (christmas, etc). Have a little cash on hand trying to get in and out by February.

Anyone have any good ideas? Only biotech I own is GILD.

Was thinking of GPRO as well.

7. Ron from the G

The current run up has literally never happened before in the history of US Equities. 29 straight days over the 5d ma in the SP500 has never happened. Everything is really over extended. It of course can get more over extended, but it's not really a good time to be going long if your looking to get out in February. IMO.

8. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Yikes...oil getting crushed. Gonna be a bloodbath for oil related stocks tomorrow.

9. benchmoochie

Been short Xle since last Fridays high. Tomorrow session is only 3.5 hours. Low volume could be interesting. Last wed I saw a 9900contract buy to open on the April 2015 $25p of uso. Thought this was a foretelling sign of things to come

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Nice trade....hope it keeps crashing for you.

11. Ron from the G

Buying volatility this morning for a swing.

12. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Any opinions on natural gas? It's been taking a beating with the revised temperature numbers. UGAZ has down 50% in the last month. Seems like it has to be nearing bottom but not sure.

13. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I'm already in. Just need word of a cold front coming through for it to shoot up again.

14. Ron from the G

I ended up taking a loss on this yesterday rather than holding on and am about to reenter here very soon today. Plan to hold for a few weeks from here if it works out. Depends on the action.

15. benchmoochie

I bought bidu monthly 230 calls and weekly 230 calls when it hit the 50dma. Which is a little against my market theory but I bought it would retrace to 238

16. benchmoochie

I also bought the weekly iwm 118.50p when iwm hit 117.90. I'm looking for s afternoon fade.

17. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

Just got 103 units of SUBCY @ 9.66 each.. I feel like they can get back up to 15.00 or more.. would be nice if they get back up in the 20.00's

18. benchmoochie

I'm holding this short. I will close it if it goes over $83 though. I also have a small position on the xle $70put expiring march 2015.

19. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

I bought the SUBCY too soon it has some more tumbling to do hahaha.. its now at 8.98 a share haha

20. benchmoochie

Huge sell program went in.