1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TABC Is Now Investigating Kung Fu Saloon

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dachuda86, Jan 11, 2015.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Repped

2. joeson332

joeson332 Member

this happens at a lot of midtown bars, it's pretty pathetic. When I go out obviously you want to dress well and mostly you'll see me with a dress shirt, pants, ties around (yeah Im that guy) lol and to add I'm Hispanic. One night going to Drinkery the bouncer didnt want to let one of our guys in (he was Mexican btw) simply because he had a green card not a valid id. Not 5 minutes in a group of at least 10 white people all looked like they just came out the gym walk in the bar like nothing. I know there is a certain standards bars like that have to keep but that was pretty ridicolous. This happens all over.

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Holy ****. The wife texted me earlier and wanted to stay closer to home and said" why don't we just go to Woodrow's or Big Eyed Fish instead?" I still haven't answered.

4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

btw dont the Rockets have their viewing party for tonights game there?

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Tell her to meet me at Woodrow's, bruh. Big Eyed Fish any good btw?

6. LonghornFan

Haven't been there yet, a friend who works for Houstonia said it was pretty outstanding though. We tried Urban Eats the other night...don't even waste your money there.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Are the owners DMB fans?

From their website

Enjoy, mofo!!!

8. LonghornFan

I've read the website. Not scared, I want me some good Meatloaf or chicken fried chicken close to home, and IN their home.

Oh, and nice edit.

Inner Loop wins yet again lulz.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'll stick to Ouisie's table then. I'll keep an eye out for you at Woodrow's, LHF - assume you'll be the guy with the Miller Lite.

10. LonghornFan

You high breh? Hopadilla or All Day IPA. I'm not 'bout the cheapo thug life, my taste buds are defined.

11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

White guy here, been to the Austin location and wasn't let in because of my shoes ON MY BIRTHDAY AFTER A UT GAME.

They did however let everyone else in, including the two black guys with us. I haven't been back since.

I remember in college that Pure (I believe it was Pure) on Dirty 6th wouldn't let black people in. I went with 5 black guys and myself, and I was the only one let in.

12. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

One of my buddies just asked me if I were down to check it out tonight so Ill be there. I wonder how strict the dress code will be for this?

13. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Kung Fu was amazing tonight. Super casual gathering of rowdy Rockets fans. That game winner was so badass. That place was jumping

14. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about. I haven't paid anything to get in a club in Vegas in almost 5 years.

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Were there Jordan's?

16. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I can attest to this. And if they try to charge him, he punches the bouncer, curses at old ladies, and then threatens to burn the place down yelling "Kwame never pays" as he flees the scene before the cops arrive.

17. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

Drive by shooting at Kung Fu...

<iframe width="476" height="270" src="http://abc13.com/video/embed/?pid=586872" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://abc13.com/news/shots-fired-at-washington-avenue-bar/586872/

HOUSTON (KTRK) --
    Police are looking for whoever drove by a bar last night and fired shots at it.

The two bullets shattered the windows of the Kung Fu Saloon, a bar on Washington Avenue. Bar patrons were both inside and outside during the shooting.

Customers were visibly shaken. We spoke with one woman who was inside.

"I hear like, 'pow, pow, pow,' and I got down to the ground," said bar patron Brittani Jay. "I got down and I was like, 'Oh my God.' I thought they were going to shoot my ponytail off."

No one was hurt in the shooting. Witnesses say they noticed a dark-colored car outside the bar during the shooting, but no suspect descriptions.

18. LonghornFan

Yeah, I got to listen to the Police helicopter for over an hour along with about 3-4 firetrucks and 80 police cars going in every direction. Shut 'er down.

19. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Damn. I wonder who would just randomly shoot at a bar like this though? Someone with a motive of scaring patrons away (i.e., hurting their business)?

Very strange and scary.

20. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

This has been an ongoing practice since the days of nightclubs and bars, and as a white man I've even been discriminated on in the past... Remember Grasshopper downtown? I've seen discrimination at the door against blacks many times in my younger years... the ol' "saggy jeans" or "sneakers" excuse.

Anyway, the bouncers at nearly ever door go on power and ego trips and feel like they can decide who gets in and who doesn't. You think it is bad here just take a trip to Vegas.

I have no idea why people choose to go to these overcrowded places with terribly slow bar service and light pours, just to hang around with douche bags.

1 person likes this.