1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harris County Cop Shot execution style at a Gas Station

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GlenDice, Aug 28, 2015.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

On one hand, I absolutely LOATHE people who cheat on their spouses, especially when kids are involved. I've seen first hand how it can rip apart a family and just destroy kids. Why would you ever do that to your own kids? That's just the bottom of the barrel, as far as I'm concerned.

All that being said, it shouldn't be a death sentence.

Just a very sad footnote to this awful story.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Mammals gonna mammal.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The investigator is a moron. My God.

4. GIGO

GIGO Member

On an unrelated note, the news next to it is from the future.

Monday, November 09, 2015 12:00AM

SACRAMENTO, CA -- Airman 1st Class Spencer Stone, hailed as a hero for helping to tackle a gunman on a French train in August, was stabbed and seriously wounded outside a bar early Thursday in what police said was an alcohol-related fight that had nothing to do with terrorism.

http://abc13.com/news/american-who-helped-stop-train-attack-stabbed/1023132/

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Nothing Kyle Chandler and Fisher Stevens can't fix in 44 minutes on a Saturday night.

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

A good number of happy, healthy marriages (and families) are borne out of adultery regardless of those complicated by it.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm blown away by the number of people on social media that think this is completely irrelevant to the case...

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Well, they're not appellate clerks and they saw a uniformed cop get shot.

9. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Again please explain why this man's personal life is important to the case?

If you're referring to the investigator hooking up with a witness, yes I think that is relevant.

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Motive for the shooter?

I'm surprised the media has not found her name. A friend of the family is a PI and found her name last night in about 30 minutes of investigating online.

11. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Just out of curiosity, and of no disrespect to deputy Goforth, are there any pics of this chick?

I mean if she's like a deuce and a half, I'm gonna be very disappointed

12. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Damn yo is she guilty or what?

13. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen src="http://up.anv.bz/latest/anvload.html?key=eyJtIjoiZXBmb3giLCJwIjoiZGVmYXVsdCIsInYiOiIyMTIyODAiLCJwbHVnaW5zIjp7ImRmcCI6eyJjbGllbnRTaWRlIjp7ImFkVGFnVXJsIjoiaHR0cDovL3B1YmFkcy5nLmRvdWJsZWNsaWNrLm5ldC9nYW1wYWQvYWRzP3N6PTY0MHg0ODAmaXU9LzYzNzkwNTY0L2tyaXYvbmV3cyZjaXVfc3pzPTMwMHgyNTAmaW1wbD1zJmdkZnBfcmVxPTEmZW52PXZwJm91dHB1dD12YXN0JnZwb3M9cHJlcm9sbCZ1bnZpZXdlZF9wb3NpdGlvbl9zdGFydD0xJnVybD1bcmVmZXJyZXJfdXJsXSZjb3JyZWxhdG9yPVt0aW1lc3RhbXBdJmRlc2NyaXB0aW9uX3VybD1odHRwJTNBJTJGJTJGd3d3LmZveDI2aG91c3Rvbi5jb20lMkZuZXdzJTJGMzA3NzQ1MTItc3RvcnkifX19LCJhbnZhY2siOiJhbnZhdG9fZXBmb3hfYXBwX3dlYl9wcm9kX2IzMzczMTY4ZTEyZjQyM2Y0MTUwNGYyMDcwMDAxODhkYWY4ODI1MWIifQ" width ="640" height="360"></iframe>
    http://www.fox26houston.com/news/30774512-story#

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yes, i'm referring to the investigator. A lot of comments and likes about how it's irrelevant to the case.

But i do think his personal life is important to the case, simply because you need to have a solid case and close off any other possibilities. It's unfortunate for his family, but that's how it goes. It's not likely, but a love triangle gone wrong has to be looked into, after finding there was another woman in the picture. Weirder things have happened.

They know who she is, but aren't releasing her info for some reason...either because they were asked/told not to or will face even more backlash from viewers, most who are upset that the media reported this in the first place.

15. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

[​IMG]

But in all honesty, it sucks that the defense is now using this angle with the mistress to get the killer anything less than the death sentence. The fact is that this guy is a cold blooded cop killer!

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

The fact that she's a vampire might be relevant to the case.

17. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

FWIW -- heard girl was the GF (ex?) of Shannon. Idea was she was also hooking up with the cop, giving him a motive for the murder.

18. The Boz

The Boz Member

I heard she was fiancee of Shannon Miles. Don't know why it all has to be so secretive.

19. Newlin

Newlin Member

And where did you hear this? Don't be secretive.