1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which border state would you move to?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jayzers_100, Jul 5, 2014.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't like Krispy Kreme...too sweet...love Shipley's.

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I grew up on KK, and I'd easily take Shipleys unless we are just talking glazed.

3. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

Living in Texas and loving the mountains, the answer is easily New Mexico. Santa Fe, Albuquerque or heck even Farmington.

4. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Even looking at the pictures I would still choose Shipley's. I can't believe there are people out there who don't like Shipley's, and even Whataburger. I guess you can't win them all.

Oh, I live in Texas. I'd choose New Mexico, unless we can skip the Oklahoma panhandle, giving me a clear shot at Colorado.

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Yes. Just glazed. Hot off the line from KK is the best. Its like biting into a sweet glazed buttery heaven. Shipley's on the other hand has some of the best cake donuts around. Blueberry!

6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Probably Maryland, because it's like a 20 minute drive and wouldn't be much different. :)

Then again, I always though North Carolina seemed like a pretty good state to live. Nice beaches. Beautiful mountains. Several great colleges. Pro sports teams. Mild weather. Relatively low cost of living.

As for the others, I would probably take Tennessee and Kentucky over West Virginia if I was forced to pick.

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Those shipleys look fresh and doughy

Those Krispy kremer look rubbery and stale

8. Buck Turgidson

You speak the truth.

And Shipley's donuts are the bomb. KK are for the Paula Deen deep south obesity crowd.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

1. Doughnuts aren't baked

2. At Krispy Kreme you can watch them float on the cooking oil 1 minute before you eat them.

On a positive note, the responses to this thread have made it easy to identify posters I will no longer bother reading.

10. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

New Mexico is a state of trinkets.

Oklahoma is meh.

Ozarks area of Arkansas are maybe doable.

Hard to beat cajun food.

I'd rather stay here.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

My parents did, too. But the beauty of the state is not the determining factor, the people are. That's why we love Texas

You make me move to a neighboring state, I'm sliding along the coast to Loisiana to remain in the South, unless I can get a dream cabin in the Ozarks.

So Louisana for the people, Arkansas for the beauty.

As for NM beauty, that's like saying Utah is beautiful. Which it is, but you can't really live amongst that. It's national parks.

NM's Sante Fe is nice, and the mtns. I can see choosing that too. But I'll take Louisana it's closer to Houston!!!!

#71 heypartner, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2014