1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which signing will prove to be the worst of the 2014 offseason?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by crossover, Aug 26, 2014.

?

Which signing will prove to be the worst of the 2014 offseason?

1. Chandler Parsons

119 vote(s)
    41.9%
  2. Avery Bradley

7 vote(s)
    2.5%
  3. Gordon Hayward

57 vote(s)
    20.1%
  4. Chris Bosh

60 vote(s)
    21.1%
  5. Marvin Williams

6 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Kyrie Irving

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  7. Jason Kidd

26 vote(s)
    9.2%
  8. Other (specify)

8 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

the guard with a girls name who signed with Detroit is rather horrific signing

as much as I want to say Parsons, his deal really can't be considered in isolation, when you combine with their other key signing - you get him and Dirk for 23million per year for the next two years... its not that bad

the worst signing for the rockets, was Hollins signing with the Nets

2. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

not to surprise you guys, but i think Kevin love is gonna be the biggest disappointment playing alongside James and Kyrie:grin:

3. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I voted for Parsons because I want him to be the worst off season signing. So, take that, Parsons! HA!

4. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

5. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

I want to change my vote to Kidd. He is so irrelevant I didn't even see his name. What a bum of a coach.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think Kidd is the most underrated bad signing.

7. CertifiedTroll

Kidd is drunk when he coaches. Bucks probably want another lottery pick, and are using Kidd as there secret weapon. Plus he plans to play Greek Freak as a PG, I don't think many coaches would allow that. (I AM NOT SAYING HE IS A GOOD COACH, HE IS DRUNK)

8. spysta

spysta Member

Marvin Williams

By far the most mediocre player in the league.

9. tjones'mama

tjones'mama Member

Break the meta

10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I want to change my vote to Doc Rivers... He has turned one championship season with Thibs and a bunch of hall of farmers into $50 million dollars. Lol

Vinny del Negro must be shaking his head

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Parsons will help that team as a bigger taller creator and attack the rim guy on the perimeter that actually has something left in the tank. He will pair with Ellis and Dirk very well. Now that he's on a team where players actually put a decent effort to defend their individual assignments he will be back to where he was as in his first year in Houston where he didn't have to cover a teammates man as well on his own on a constant basis. It's the Rox that will be in trouble with 1 sole rim attacker and creator on the perimeter. Good luck Harden...

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

lmao the two guys that dumped us are winning this pole.

POLL: which is the worst contract?
    CFers: the ones we hate.

If there were a poll asking CFers which were the BEST signings of the off season, ariza would win and troy daniels would come in second.

From this list, parsons' contract isn't so bad because he's only getting a couple mil more than he should and its a relatively short contract, plus with dirk underpaid they can afford it. bosh isn't so bad because he keeps them relevant and they aren't using the money for anything else. kyrie was necessary to get lebron. williams is overpaid but for only 2 years. kidd sucks but like his roster has great potential and they don't need a top notch coach right now anyway.

the two worst are avery and hayward. overpaid AND longterm. yuck. avery is a 3&D role player, they might need that money to afford a max contract or two since they are rebuilding. his contract might really get in their way later on. same for hayward, sure he's their #1 right now but he's not a championship #1 guy. he's a lotto #1 guy. once they get some real talent deserving of max money and they can't afford it because of hayward's contract they will regret it... this contract basically means they will be no better than a first round fodder for the duration of his contract.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

when did dallas start playing defense?:confused:

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

False attribution, they're called the worst contracts, because they really are the worst contracts, you wouldn't see that much change outside of a mavs board.

And in answer to best contracts, #1 = Lebron, #2 would be Dirk

15. arjun

arjun Member

Stephenson is a steal, what you smokin'?

16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

If Parsons was a GREAT player, $15 m wouldn't be overpaying. The fact is Parsons ISN'T a great player, and that's why $15 m is too much money. He is a good player. Maybe can be the third best guy, but not for $15 m. He is an above average player.

Bosh was a franchise star before Miami, that was just 4 years ago. He can be that guy again, for a team that could either sell it all down the river for the future, or stay relevant, signing Bosh to a max contract was worth it. What else are they going to do?

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

that remains to be seen. he hasn't really proven anything yet

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

19. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

In a year that bears out Hayward's, Parsons' and Ben Gordon's contracts, you are singling out Marvin Williams???

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

All of Morey crap signings got sweeped under the rug.