1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lack of Rockets talk on Houston Sports Radio

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Mar 22, 2013.

1. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

The guys on 610 are not knowledgeable about bball. That crew in the morning doesn't know a thing...Lopez and Nick. Meltser is pretty good. On 790, only Palillo and Clanton seem to be the ones knowing their stuff on bball.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I really need to start listening to Charlie's show again. The Proper Gentlemen has run its course with me as of late. It's been painful to listen to lately what with Clanton getting walked all over half the time and Lance having Alzheimers and acid reflux the other half. The guy needs to cut down on the salt or something. lol.

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Funny because it's true. Lol

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Adam Clanton has kinda fallen off with me.

Lance, I hate when Lance talks basketball. We always end up hearing stories from Richmond Rosenberg.

You know who's real good with rockets basketball?

Michael Connor. That ginger knows rockets basketball.

Also, one Saturday, I was listening to 610. They had on Howard Chen and some other dude. Think it was patrick creighton? That dude sucked. He said the nfl pro bowl was the best all star game and his reason was "just because" Howard goes on and explains why MLB had the best all star game and with supporting evidence and not some bull**** just because answer. 790 should scoop him up and pair him with Charlie.

I know he gets flack cause he's Asian and we all assume he's boys with Jeremy Lin and ****. But he does a good job.

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Really off topic but was wondering other day what Jason Friedman was doing these days as he would do those podcasts with Ackerman a lot and found out him and Sweet Susie married. Wonder what the family get togethers are like with Clutch the Bear.

6. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

i remember when lance zerlein used to be with John Granado at 610, i'm not sure what happened and why he left but i wish he could go back so he can join vandameer in their texans love fest 24/7, 365 days per year. Get matt jackson back to join adam clanton so we can have our rockets talk on our drive to work.

7. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Lmao. Yeah Clanton is walked over by not just Lance, but the producer Michael too (who can feel like the number two on the show). Clanton says something and Lance is like "uhh...why would you say that...uh no that's not how it is, etc." It can be cringe worthy at times.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

So Harden drops 44 and is an MVP candidate, Rockets have a great chance of finishing 2nd out West, Dwight is nearing his return and these clowns (Lance and Adam) at 790 (apparent home of the Houston Rockets) spend almost the entire hour between 6.30 and 7.30 while I was on the road talking little to no Rockets or NBA instead talking about the comments of some random dude called McNeyer.

Only mention of Rockets was a brief couple sentences when they brought in the 7 o'clock hour. They'd rather go on and on about some nobody's comments like this McNeyer dude whose name I have never heard of before.

Rant over.

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

They did discuss the game in the opening segments on both 610 and 790. I agree that they couldn't wait to move on to the NFL, but it's not like they ignored the win over Indiana.

10. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

We're all frustrated (Rockets fans), but there are hardly any Rockets callers. The only way to change the content is to change the course by calling in and talking about it.

Matt Thomas (lunch hours) is a huge Rockets fan and he's always begging for a Rockets call.

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

absolutely. These guys have to go by what calls come in and what topics spark up the switch board... that's their job. It is kind of sad though. I rarely listen to sports radio anymore but when I started the car this morning I gave it a quick listen and the first thing I heard was NFL...then switched over to Howard. Not that I don't love the NFL, but there isn't much substance to to talk about right now, especially compared to what's going on with the rockets.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah, it's caller driven radio in Houston which sucks to begin with, but it is what it is.

Almost as nauseating as the lack of Rockets talk is Charlie whining every single night about how nobody wants to talk about basketball.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Actually I have a heard a lot of callers call charlie to talk rockets, but he has the lowest rated sports show. Nick was talking about the rockets between 7.45-8.15 on 610.

14. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

They do Rockets just about every day from 7:30-8:00.
    Today was Joel Blank
    Yesterday was Craig Ackerman
    Before that was Tad Brown
    then before that was Calvin Murphy
    then they also bring in Morey often and then sometimes McHale
    Then in the drive home, Palilo talk a lot of rockets and routinely has McHale on to talk

So they do give the love, but I do understand how frustrating it is when their natural default to fill the time is NFL filler stories, NFL combine, NFL draft, or general NFL TMZ drama.

Today's NFL nonstop talk was about Darren Sharper, but you have to admit, that is a bombshell news story. How can you not talk about that? It's huge news. But then they got Joel Blank on the phone.

15. hakeemthagreat

I think it's a conspiracy. Somebody is forcing them to talk Texans football everybday nonstop. I listen everyday and all I hear is these names, Rick Smith, Andre Johnson, JJ Watt & Bill O'Brien. Today they spent more talking about Ed Reed and his imaginary BBQ sauce than they did Harden's 44pts last nite. I'm telling you whoever's progamming these shows is pushing Texans football over anything. It REALLY angers me when the Rockets win a huge game, turn on 790 (or 610) the next day, and all i hear is a mixture of Texans, College football & Astros:rolleyes::(:mad:

The Rockets get NO love in Houston

16. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Harden scored 44? How is that relevant to the Texans draft that's 2 months away?

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Never heard of any of them TBH. Not even bothered to look them up.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

*Knows there will be little, if any, basketball/Rockets talk*
    *Tunes in anyways*
    *Is disappointed when there is none*

Do I have that right? :p

19. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Go look at Adam's twitter feed last night and then go look at Lance's twitter feed last night. That tells you all you need to know about the 790 morning show.

For the record, anyone who is a hardcore sports fan, but completely shuts off to the greatest sport of all time in basketball, don't trust that person further than you can throw them, keep an eye on them at all times, don't start a business with them, don't let them date your daughter.

20. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Don't feel like looking. I assume it was Rockets for Clanton and draft prospects for Lance.

1 person likes this.