1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Almost lost my mom..

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcons Talon, Mar 9, 2015.

Tags:
  1. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Thats good. Not to say doctors and nurses do poor jobs, but its always good to have someone there. Also, good to split time because hospitals drain you. Hope she gets better bro.

2. edwardc

edwardc Member

Thought and prayers for your family may she make a full recovery.

3. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

After a few days of her not waking up, she's stable and much more responsive. Shes now on a soft food diet but still in icu. Doing so much better. First time out of bed today.

4. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

My mom also went to the ER around the same time you posted that, she couldn't talk or swallow, had some bacterial infection. They said if we would have waited any longer she could have lost her life. It's stressful dealing with stuff like this so I feel you, I hope your mom is doing much better now.

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Very nice to hear. :)

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I feel for you Falcon. I am right here at my grandmother's bedside. She raised me like her own and she has a really bad infection as well and the doctors don't seem to know what else is going on. It is tough and it is killing me. I am usually the one always next to her and now seeing her battle for her life is killing me. I hope for the best but preparing for the worst.

7. Falcons Talon

I hope your situation has turned for the better. My prayers are with you.

8. Falcons Talon

Just wanted to update, my mother has been moved to a rehab center to get her walking again. Her GI bleed has been taken care of and she's eating well and smiling again. We hope she can come home soon, but my dad, my sister, and I are taking 8 hour shifts being with her at all times. Thanks again for all the prayers, well wishes, and words of encouragement.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

Good news breh! 8 hour shifts is nothing compared to your mother's health and her smiling again.

10. Falcons Talon

We're hoping to get Mom out of the rehab center by Thursday or Friday. Dad can take her whenever he wants, but I guess he wants to make sure she is strong enough to move around the house. I think the place was dragging their feet to prolong the stay.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Glad to hear things are looking up for your mom.

1 person likes this.
  12. Falcons Talon

I'm so drained though. My dad, sister and I split time staying with mom. sis stays overnight, then goes to work. Dad goes from 8 am to 4:30 pm. I go to work from 8-4 and go straight to stay with mom until midnight. This whole situation has really put a strain on the family unit, since my older brother and youngest sister, who live in San Antonio, have spent a total of about 3 days throughout this whole ordeal. I will say that I am pretty bothered that they did nothing to help take care of mom.:mad:

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Thanks for the update and best wishes to you. Stay strong man and don't worry about your other siblings. Do what you can and you will be better for it.

14. Rox11

Rox11 Member

A lot of people will show you there true character in circumstances like this, now you know at least

15. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

They may be dealing with their Mom's situation a little different than someone stronger like you are.

16. Falcons Talon

Over the years, I've given them the benefit of the doubt, but this was just too much. Since we are here in town with mom, its easy for them to never come down to visit, much less take a little care of Mom. Of course, that's my opinion.

17. Falcons Talon

Good news in that Mom is being released Friday.

18. tws011

tws011 Member

Best of luck man. That's a terrible thing to go through for any loved one.

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

That's great to hear!

20. tharges

tharges Member

Good deal brother!