1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas A&M football thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Ramu3, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

A loss is a loss. They lost to better teams, as expected. They were only favored against Ole Miss because they were at home. Weren't favored in any other of the losses.

2. raining threes

59-0 isn't a loss it's an embarrassment.

Tell me again what has a Kevin Sumlin coached team ever won? When has his teams ever had an even avg defense. Ags y'all are seeing what a Sumlin coached team looks like without an all time great playing QB. Not that Sumlin recruited those QB's.

You've got in bed with Sumlin the salesman. Good luck with that.

3. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I'm not trying to rub it in, but you're delusional if you think 59-0 isn't more than a loss.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Agreed. 21 didn't just beat 9 - we destroyed them. And Kenny Hill was damn good that game. And then we played poor teams, and got hit with both MS teams and Bama, in 3 consecutive weeks.

Not saying I picked us to win the Nat'l title after that SC game, but it felt like we could go places this year.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It really just shows the pointlessness of preseason rankings, as South Carolina had no business being ranked, much less #9. Same situation for teams like Oklahoma, UCLA, Stanford, amongst others. All it does is skew perceptions.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think we already heard that all positions were up for grabs but it looks the QB spot is wide open and TAMU is broadcasting that information openly. Maybe Sumlin should consider an open competition for the OC & DC spots too...

7. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Honoring champions with an innovation in fast.

Texas A&amp;M's new 1939 Throwback TECHFIT uniforms.
    <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/12thMan?src=hash">#12thMan</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/teamadidas?src=hash">#teamadidas</a> <a href="http://t.co/CDNebXjtKk">pic.twitter.com/CDNebXjtKk</a></p>&mdash; adidas Football US (@adidasFballUS) <a href="https://twitter.com/adidasFballUS/status/527460025266999297">October 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We have lost three games in a row but at least the ags will look good.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ya it's definitely humorous. We're losing but we're gonna look good doing it. I wonder if they planned to wear these on Thanksgiving or something but decided not to bring attention to it on a national stage.

9. ths balla

ths balla Member

lol no, they had already planned to honor the 1939 team during this game before the season started

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

No, I'm pretty sure they have to submit the uniforms they plan on wearing for each game prior to the season starting.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Looks like they pulled the plug on Kenny Hill & Kyle Allen will start Saturday.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Should his family try to trademark "Kenny Bench"?

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Kenny Clipboard?

14. Major

Major Member

Again, you are. You thought you'd beat Ole Miss and Alabama was a "winnable game". If you're not surprised by the actual results, then you were lying in your earlier posts. Lots of people are surprised with the way A&M's season has gone - both with the strong start and then with the lack of competitiveness recently. There's no reason to pretend otherwise.

15. Buck Turgidson

This is what happens when, after 1 game, you tell the media what your nickname should be.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Kenny Transfer?

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I thought we could beat Ole Miss. We didn't. If you told me we'd lose going in I would not have been surprised. I thought we'd lose to Arkansas. We didn't.

I wonder if Joekel wishes he would have stayed.

18. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Kenny Clipboard suspended two games for violation of team rules.

#3758 King of 40 Acres, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  19. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Clearly his trademark should be "Kenny Nil" after his performance at Alabama

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Kennysanity.

He should transfer to another team and let them down with countless turnovers and pussyfoot play.