1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Joel Embiid's Twitter

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Obito, Jul 28, 2014.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

I wouldn't be so sure about that. :p

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/JLin7">@JLin7</a> well said brother..... What are you thinking about right now? What they did to you is direspectful</p>&mdash; Joel-Hans Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/statuses/487660167157121025">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Wow, can we please not turn this fun thread into a Lin thread. Pretty please?

Apart from that, glad to see this youngster has a sense of humor.

3. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Recruiting Lebron to Philly is hilarious, especially when he is saying "Hey Bro, want to join us in Philly?"

He's well suited for that city.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Probably the funniest NBA guy on twitter

Kendall Marshall and Marcin Gortat are also good follows. Artest can be funny, but he does too much promotion.

btw, look at Gortat's recent follows for hilarity, lol

5. Remii

Remii Member

If this guy can be as great on the court as he is on Twitter he will be amazing...

Sam doesn't look like he's gathering "assets" in Philly... He looks like he's building a team. Point guard, power forward, and the center position is on lock.

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Embiid definitely has a special quality about him. He has only played basketball for a few years, but his touch, hands and footwork are very good. He's the only player in 30 years that has reminded me of Hakeem. I'm not saying he's going to be Hakeem, but he's the only one I've seen that comes even close from a raw talent standpoint.

7. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Can't lie, even with all his off the court tweeting. I'm ready to see him play.

8. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

I don't even get what he's trying to say here lol. Is he making fun of him?

9. Karolik

Karolik Member

no

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Eh, you guys didn't invent humor. You think the rest of the world doesn't have any modern humor.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Was supposed to be a question mark at the end. *

12. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Nah I think you misunderstood him.
    American humor isn't necessarily similar to British or German. It sometimes takes a while for some foreigners to understand the way most Americans tell jokes.

13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

American Humour: Will Ferrell
    German Humour: Invade Poland

subtle differences I'll admit

jkinggg

14. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

German joke:

What do you call a sloppy German?

Austrian. Ba dum tss.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I fully understood him, I just don't think young people need to adapt to American humor or that it's really different from the rest of the world for a certain age group. People nowadays grow up with the same comedians, tv shows and have access to the same Internet sites and social media, there's no unique American humor that young people have to adapt to or struggle with imo.

16. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>THE DREAM #34 <a href="http://t.co/3iL6LXaOCS">pic.twitter.com/3iL6LXaOCS</a></p>&mdash; Joel-Hans Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/statuses/495289549736919040">August 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Ok well I guess the key word is "young people".
    So in that sense "ThatboyNick" should realize young folk like Embiid around the world don't need a special comedy dictionary to understand American humor.

18. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

[​IMG]

He's going to need a new number... Otherwise looks fantastic.

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Jokes about dating Rihanna on twitter is usual humor in Cameroon?? :confused:

I have a lot of foreign friends I'v made over the years of going to a international school.

Not saying "Us guys Invented humor" by any stretch, but I guess you can twist words into whatever you want buddy. I also do NOT think the rest of the world doesn't have modern humor, I never said anything about modern humor, who's to even say American humor is modern humor, what the hell is modern humor? Theirs just different cultures and different types of jokes in different countries. Geez dude chill.