1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Iranian Canadian TV Host fired for beating/raping over 8 women

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by downbytheriver, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Criticizing a culture that subjugates women means more money for the military industrial complex and bombing Canada.

Interesting how your mind works.

2. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I don't find it at all interesting how your mind works. Just more or less follow Fox or the more conservative parts of CNN.

I do find it very interesting how many Americans can be manipulated pretty quickly to change their minds and support stupid wars or be scared shytless about ebola.

3. downbytheriver

that's right, distance yourself from it.. no one said it was done as a form of terrorism.

this is about the values embedded into his subconscious growing up as a muslim. similar to glynch's hatred for americans and thinking he is above them when his own society is falling to pieces.

4. Major

Major Member

When a Canadian Atheist or Canadian Christian goes on a rape spree, is it because of their religion too?

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Well, well, well.

Let's have a look at this thread:

Founder of Muslim tv station beheads his own wife

Same group of people immediately jumping in to chastise everyone else, claiming "this has nothing to do with Islam":

(by the way, "God's Son" sounds a lot like Exiled)

This was some years ago. Of course, in the meantime, we have seen ISIS and Al Qaeda beheading scores of people, including a lot of other Muslims.

And with regard to honor killings - we have this:

[​IMG]

How anyone can claim that Islam/Sharia has nothing to do with honor killings in light of this data is simply beyond me.

And one bonus one:

Bonus Pew poll for ChrisBosh's post:

[​IMG]

Again, I am not saying that I know anything about what motivated this Canadian guy now. But I do see a pattern of knee-jerk responses from the same leftist/Islamist apologist crew - and if you look at the data that came out later and at the events which have transpired since that thread, they were all wrong, which didn't stop them from being extremely arrogant about their opinions being right. Sort of like...in this thread.

6. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

I chose the most plausible one. the data backs me up too!

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't disagree on the general premise that there are cultural mores that influence individual behavior. But, this guy looks more Canadian to me than he does Iranian and I think you made a huge, facile, and faulty leap to say his behavior stems from being Muslim or Persian. It's part of who he is, but there's a lot of other things that define him as well. If you want to say something about the values of Muslim or Persian culture, you're better off arguing from statistics than anecdote.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The whole premise of these threads is with one aim in mine - convince people that "Muslims are violent people" with the darker insinuation they can't be trusted.

I'd prefer people instead try to figure out a solution on how to bring those region of the world that are backward into modern civilization. What else are you going to do?

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Which I just did - and the statistics proved your post from a similar thread 5 years ago wrong. (Even though I think the connection is more obvious in that previous case.)

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Only took you till page 3 to mention Fox.

Good job.

1 person likes this.
  11. nono

nono Member

Water is wet and Islam is a plague.

12. Major

Major Member

That's a lot of text to post that ignores anything you were responding to. But kudos for posting lots of random stuff.

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I have to give glynch credit on this, he's absolutely right on how easily manipulated the American public has been with respect to the use of military force and foreign policy. American leadership has repeatedly advanced the idea that military action can solve extremely complex issues in foreign countries. When that action fails the answer to the failure is often a doubling down on military action. American leadership reduces these issues into simplistic, garbage talking points and the American public is too ignorant and too unwilling to spend the time to actually understand what's going on. The public is detached from what's actually going on in the world.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Kudos for pretending to not be able to process the point I made.

I'll condense it for you:

- Knee-jerk reaction of you and others when something is posted that could be seen as having been (partly) caused by the ideology of Islam: "This has nothing to do with Islam" (insert: the person is an idiot, it's cultural, it's socio-economic, crusades, "but Israel", etc.)
    - This was true when a report of an "honor killing" came out and it is true with this current report
    - Statistically, it has been proven that approval of "honor killings" is absolutely correlated to wanting Sharia to be law of the land
    - Whereas I say "need more facts", the same crew that was wrong once before (and many times before) is doing the same old act of "this has nothing to do with Islam"

And a bonus:

- Some of you guys have the nerve to say that even murders explicitly committed in the name of Islam (like those ISIS commits) "have nothing to do with Islam". Not all of you go to such degrees of ridiculousness, though, some just remain silent on that (while of course not being silent when Israel does anything).

#54 AroundTheWorld, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  15. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Yeah because I post in so many of those threads. Anither imbecilic, knee jerk post from glynch. Racking up those quantum leap of logic frequent flyer miles.

16. g1184

g1184 Member

re-condensed, to the important part.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The important part is that you guys are quick to dismiss anything and say "it has nothing to do with Islam", only to be proven wrong time and time again.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

your "proof" consists of population density maps of the U.S. (http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=9267680&postcount=224)

That is why you have no credibility. Perhaps you should learn the scientific method before you speak of "proof"

#58 Sweet Lou 4 2, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Poor New Yorker. Talking about credibility. :(

20. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

his post in this thread among others consists of pew polls. not sure how much more accurate information you want, as they are widely considered to be acceptable statistical evidence. why don't you address his points instead of just trying to call him out every time he makes a post lol... you seem to have some personal crusade against him and choose to complete ignore anything he posts and argue semantics instead of the substance of his arguments