1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Iranian Canadian TV Host fired for beating/raping over 8 women

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by downbytheriver, Oct 31, 2014.

1. downbytheriver

To rape apologists like Juan Valdez, here is what goes through the mind of the victims when they don't report such things ---

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...dly-choked-beat-n-b-woman-with-belt-1.2818879

2. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

that has nothing to do with Jian being Muslim if he even is these days (my money's on him being an atheist these days, a very kinky one to boot).

This has everything to do with a culture that stigmatizes women, and relegates them to men of power.

Here's a trend you haven't started a thread about: women in Canada are 11.3 times more likely to be sexually assaulted then men.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You sound a bit jealous.

4. downbytheriver

... never seen his show, read the book. WELL, didn't read the entire thing because it was written like a kindergardener would write a book. It wasn't focused on religion either. HOWEVER, the seeds of angst and discontent as an outsider were apparent. You've got to pick up on the little things to understand why it's all falling apart in the big picture. when your religion doesn't comply with the 21st century and encourages oppression of women... it's inevitable.

WHAT?? gosh darn it, didn't know today would be the day i'd be mistaken for a lib. Try again

5. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Queen Latifah canceled an appearance by Dr Huxtable cuz he was pretty rapey back in the day.

I'm mean if the guy who sells pudding pops and tells the blacks to pull up their pants goes all rapey then no one is safe.

6. downbytheriver

i agree with the 2nd sentence. no one would find these women credible against a man of power.

but why rape and beat, without consent, in the first place? the thrill of "hate ****ing" as the host likes to put it? what instills that foundation in a person? It's unfathomable to myself, someone who's been through the pain of a divorce. seeds of hate are all around us--- just gotta open your EYES.

7. Northside Storm

Well, according to his book, David Bowie

8. Northside Storm

are you implying immigrants are more likely to rape others because they feel like outsiders?

Or only Muslim immigrants who have picked up BDSM, drinking, and become as Canadian as maple taffy?

Your analysis is skin-deep and barely scratches at a fundamental issue in Western society. Scratch deeper.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If one guy tells people to pull up their pants was rapey, then all guys who tell people to pull up their pants must be rapey. It has to be something wrong with all of them and their basic philosophy.

10. downbytheriver

WE can see you've read the 2 sentence promo about the book. Buy it and support your rapist in need.

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I usually don't venture into the D&D that much because reading through the threads leads me to lose respect for a lot of posters that I don't want to lose respect for. However, I had not heard of this incident so I decided to see what it was about. I now regret my decision, and will probably not be coming back into this part of the site for a long time.

1 person likes this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's funny how some people are trying to link this man's actions to the Koran. You can take the sum of any culture and blame it on some commonality.

You know for instance, hey there's a lot of black people in the NBA. I guess that means blacks are better at basketball right?

Love the logic.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Isn't the op yet another lame Ronny/honey bear alias sans the desperate bicurious virgin vibe oozing out like cheap axe body spray?

1 person likes this.
  14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I would have been happy to pile on this guy with you if you didn't take the opportunity to imply that his attitudes toward women were the fault of his ethnic and/or religious heritage. Why can't he just be an ******* all by himself?

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Is this disputed?

16. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

But be sure to read eagerly each post that talks about how a Muslim did a bad thing or had a stupid belief.

Got it.

17. downbytheriver

that's why i've started posting in this section of the forum. i can see what the masses are doing - they trying to individualize every heinous crime and dismissing the bigger picture as a result. you see someone shoot up a classroom and blame it on mental health-- but semi-auto's are still readily available to the public. you see case after case of abuse and violence towards women but it's not the culture or religion that's the problem, it's the "individual".

i've studied many religions. i am a god fearing man but i do not take a rainbows and lilies approach towards humanity. we've got issues, we've got problems, always have and always will. so when i take a step back and look at all these events, i can see a common tie in between abuse/oppression/violence towards women and a certain ideology, or people brought up in that ideology. even if they don't tout it like an extremist, it is deep in their subconscious.

18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Iranians i..e terrorists up there. Jesus, do we have to bomb Canada now? I think they have wmd and nukes already. In addition as instructed by Fox and the GOP we need to worry about them crossing our porous border.

Vote for more money for the military industrial complex so we don't need to be afraid of this.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

So I read the article, and nothing there really indicates that it had anything to do with religious beliefs. As the OP states, can't really tell if it had anything to do with them. But he certainly didn't do what he did "in the name of Islam" like ISIS and other idiots.