1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oddball Comedy and Curiosity Festival returns to town starring Louis CK, Aziz, Jim Gaffigan and more

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr. Brightside, Jun 25, 2014.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

My expectations for Louis CK were a bit lower, I do think his standup is generally funny. I think his show is depressing though. At any rate I thought he was great.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Anyone wanna share Hannibal's joke about Harden?

3. DreamRoxCoogFan

Started talked about Harden not playing any defense, and always throwing his hands up as his man blows by him. Saying "my bad guys, we'll get it back on the other end" LOL then he basically he built it up to a point where he said that could be Harden's logo. MJ has the jumpman, Harden could have a logo kinda like this, except his arms were a little bit lower

[​IMG]

It was cold but I was dying laughing. Hannibal always delivers

4. Victorious

Victorious Member

It was more of a physical joke but he was doing a bit about sports and how he didn't like baseball and how it wasn't fair that all parks had different sizes and dimensions. Then compared it to the NBA by saying it would be easy for teams to dunk on the Rockets if their goals were 10 Feet. Followed by "but it's already easy to dunk on the Rockets because of Harden's defense" Funniest part is him mimicking how Harden let's defenders go by and saying "my bad *shoulder shrug* we'll get it back on the other end"

I don't think I did the joke justice, you had to be there lol. He also had a Vernon Maxwell which was bad ass. Think only the older Rockets fans noticed it.

That's why I love his show. It's so real. Most stand up comics live a very sad and depressing lives. Which is why some of the best comics, are also the most tragic.

5. VanityHalfBlack

I liked it better than last year's line-up, the speed roasting by Jeff Ross had me ROFL.

6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Was the first guy high or what? That was hilarious. Then there was the meth guy lol

7. VanityHalfBlack

hahah, Ross clowned on him hard. Made fun of his missing tooth and all that.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

The woman at the end of the line was a dentist, complete gold. Yeah, I was trying hard not to laugh at some of the jokes he was making, Jeff Ross is an insult genius.

9. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Really enjoyed the show. My wife didn't get Reggie Watts either but I'm a big fan and liked his set. Later I showed her his TED talk and she still didn't get him.
    Whitney Cummings was funnier than I remembered her being on TV. That 'squirter' woman was really annoying, especially during Silverman's set.

10. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah dude, right? I was hoping Sarah would destroyed her during her set.

11. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

The show was good overall...but to me, Silverman stunk. She was unprepared and tried to be spontaneous but was not funny enough to be spontaneous like that. She is just not a funny person to me and the crowd didn't seem to like her too much.

12. VanityHalfBlack

What, really? From what I was hearing the crowd was pretty uproarious during her set. I thought she killed it if you asked me. Were you in the lawn section, that's probably why?

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Not nearly as bad as the random older lady (late 40s, 50s) who decided to stand up, dance around, and generally draw attention to the fact that she squirts when Whitney asked about that. Pretttttty gross.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Wrong answer there, she was hilarious and as best as I could tell just about everyone was laughing.

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Silverman was hilarious and beautiful. <3

16. Yonkers

That was the same lady. That's why it was so bad.

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Nah, it wasn't. I'm not talking about the woman who was shown on the big screens (and she wasn't that old). I'm talking about this random woman in one of the sections near me.

18. Yonkers

Well, your lady only bothered your section. This lady had to interrupt Silverman right at the punch line of her minute long setup. That's got to really suck as a comedian.

19. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

Yeah you are probably right I'm all the way in the lawn and can't feel the true vibe of the stage. I'll get more expensive seats next year to find out :)