1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[gif] Blake Griffin throws drink on GSW fan after fouling out

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by IzakDavid13, Apr 19, 2014.

?

Was it intentional?

1. Yes

226 vote(s)
    85.3%
  2. No

39 vote(s)
    14.7%
  1. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

Hey if a fan did that to a player, they'd spend the night in jail.

2. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

My hats just messed up for Griffin to do that. What if he had his phone out and gets damaged. I think he should atleast get a fine for that.

3. clippy

clippy Member

If I walk into a hostile area and start talking **** (and let's be real here, you know that doosh was heckling the while game long), damn right I can expect some retaliation.

That said, of course this can't set a precedent and if the league decides it's intentional (which it def was lol), then fine the guy and move on. You "guys" calling for a suspension have either let your hatred for a player cloud your rational thought process or need to get your man card revoked asap.

4. clippy

clippy Member

If I walk into a hostile area and start talking **** (and let's be real here, you know that doosh was heckling the while game long), damn right I can expect some retaliation.

That said, of course this can't set a precedent and if the league decides it's intentional (which it def was lol), then fine the guy and move on. You "guys" calling for a suspension have either let your hatred for a player cloud your rational thought process or need to get your man card revoked asap.

5. clippy

clippy Member

Shiver me timbers what oh what will he ever do??

I hope I'm never in a foxhole with you guys.

6. ribbit

ribbit Member

Clearly intentional. BG didn't know there was water in his cup? C'mon!

I'm not in favor of a suspension, though. If it was the regular season, sure. At most, fine him. No harm really done.

7. clippy

clippy Member

Pretty sure some boston fans poured beer on lebron after lbj shat all over them in game 6. LbJ shook it off like a champ and ended their season. That's what a MAN does.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I think it's hilarious.

It's just water guys.

Dude is probably happy he is in popular .gif for a day.

9. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

if that was demarcus cousins he would be ejected as soon as he picked that drink up

10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

[​IMG]

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Look at that victim blaming mentality.

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

im torn, I thought it was hilarious, but I really don't think it warrants suspension of an NBA playoff game.

13. clippy

clippy Member

See the problem here is that you are so worked up over the audacity of the action that you've lost sight of what actually happened here, which was that a wealthy doosh (speculation but probably true) got splashed with a thimbleful of water. Oh lordy however will he survive! Get the pitchforks!

This is the same reason why our country is plagued by frivilous lawsuits like a lady getting millions for spilling hot coffee. Geez people, it was nothing. It was actually hilarious.

14. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

YEs it's funny. But the league has to set some type of precedent. Suspension? Maybe not. But a fine should be there because the whole player fan boundaries were crossed.

15. clippy

clippy Member

I would prefer the precedent that players can throw water on fans wearing opposing jerseys courtside. F those guys.

16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

clippy you really need to stop embarrassing yourself and talking about things you don't know anything about.

You do know there was a lot more to that case than just spilling hot coffee right? Maybe you should do a little research first instead of reading whatever sensationalized title and forming your own speculation about what happened.

In fact, it seems like you have a really really bad habit of victim blaming. You automatically assume and conclude, with literally zero evidence, that the victim deserved the action.

17. clippy

clippy Member

A thimbleful of water. Is there really a need to call someone a victim here?

I swear, it's like I'm talking to an emotionless lawyer robot. Where is your sense of humor?

18. Brutaldiego88

Brutaldiego88 Member

You're sounding like a doosh dude. Get over yourself.

1 person likes this.
  19. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I agree that it was a folkish act & no harm was done, but say that the fan catches a cold or pneumonia because of the frosty nature of the beverage in the cup? Then what?

What if that shirt was a gift from a dearly departed relative, & he only ever had it hand washed in yak milk to preserve the softness & colour?

Lol! I know it only water...but Blake plays for the Clippers & I'm a Rockets fan, so I want to see him get it!

In saying that, players can't go around throwing drinks on fans...no matter how bad the Doosh is Dooshing with his dooshbaggary.

20. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

They should fine him and go on. No way this deserves a suspension, but it has to be punished in some way, especially because of the "it´s just water" comment. Show a little respect to fans just because you are a millionair and a star doens`t mean you can do everything you want and go away with it.

But, oh well, I laughed...