1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 NBA Playoffs: Indiana Pacers(1) vs Atlanta Hawks(8)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Orange, Apr 14, 2014.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Apr 20, 2014.
  1. Indiana in 4(sweep)

26 vote(s)
    19.4%
  2. Indiana in 5

43 vote(s)
    32.1%
  3. Indiana in 6

39 vote(s)
    29.1%
  4. Indiana in 7

7 vote(s)
    5.2%
  5. Atlanta in 4(sweep)

4 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. Atlanta in 5

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  7. Atlanta in 6

7 vote(s)
    5.2%
  8. Atlanta in 7

7 vote(s)
    5.2%
  1. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

That doesn't make sense , each year they have reached a higher round. They took the Heat to 7 games in East Finals last year . They have a mental issue in their locker room. It is deep rooted , get out of funk or else......

2. yummyhawtsauce

Well, I think they are a very good team with a ceiling just below championship calibre....they're similar to the detroit pistons of the mid 2000s....except for the part where the pistons won a title......

3. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

i wouldn't even call him average just because of his rebounding #s. I'd take Demarcus cousin over Hibbert any day.

4. Yellow

Yellow Member

That female commentator made that game even worse, thank you TNT for the Rockets!

5. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

WTF......

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Vogel makes McHale look like a genius.

Vogel could not adjust in this game. Hawks were drawing Hibbert out to allow Teague to drive in. Vogel should have instructed Hibbert to stay in the lane to guard the drives and assign one of the wing players to the Hawks' center.

In fact, he should have done something earlier about the IND funk. I remember last season when we went into a slump, the players were expecting to be scolded and their flaws pointed out in video review. Instead, McHale asked the players to watch some of their best games to give them confidence that they knew how to play the right way.

Whatever flaws he may have, McHale is able to set the tone for the club and give players confidence. I think he'll be at his best during these playoffs.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

It's a f***ing disgrace that the Hawks (38-44) even get to be in the playoffs when teams like Phoenix (48-34) miss out, and it just shows how badly Indiana is floundering that they managed to lose to that garbage team.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Don't know if it's been mentioned-- didn't read the entire thread. Some of the matchups in this series remind me of Houston vs. Utah back in the Yao/McGrady days.

In particular, Roy Hibbert is an excellent rim protector like Yao was, but asking him to guard a guy with shooting range neutralizes his strength. Antic/Millsap is presents similar issues to Okur/Boozer.

Of course, we got three former members of Utah Jazz starting for Atlanta.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

If Atlanta wins this series against Indy, do the rest of the EC playoffs even need to be played out?

Could just have Miami go straight to the Finals, at this point.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Doesn't matter if the Hawks or Pacers advance. May as well skip ahead and put the Heat in the Finals. Playing it out is a formality.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

That's...exactly what I said?

:confused:

12. Polskaballer

Polskaballer New Member

send heats to the finals , indy is not ready for the big show yet

13. SacTown

SacTown Member

And how could you come to that conclusion simply after 1 freaking game? The team came out flat, had a bad game and now they don't deserve to even be in the playoffs? Did you forget that it's a 7 game series? Sometimes when teams have a bad game, they just mail it in and start preparing for the next game.

This is the ultimate knee jerk if I've ever seen one. Even if Indiana goes down 2-1 I still wouldn't be worried.

14. SacTown

SacTown Member

Yeah. They will probably win the next 4 games and you will all look silly.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

LOL Paul George literraly went fishing after this game:

[​IMG]

16. Swishh

Swishh Member

Do you expect him to go home and watch film all day? Let him live, sheesh. His life isn't going to revolve around basketball 24/7. It's just a game at the end of the day.

17. Karolik

Karolik Member

better than making another baby momma

18. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

He's playing on the 'gone fishing joke that's usually made after people get beat in the playoffs.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Yes, thank you. Someone finally got it

20. Swishh

Swishh Member

Yes I am aware of that joke, but Some people expect them to literally play/study basketball all day. Just read the IG comments.