1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Will Wafer be a free agent next off-season??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mac_got_this, Jan 10, 2009.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

If so, i think he'll get more higher offer than Landry. WE should lock this kid up long term befoer the postseason

2. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Lol calm down, just becuase he got a dunk doesn't mean he should immediately get a 25 million, 5 year contract. wait until the end of the season.

3. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I dont think thats out of the contrary. Mark my words, Wafer is the truth. He's be a hot commidty this off-season.

4. comehere2

comehere2 Member

god, please show them the way.

5. MD_in_Training

Yes, every team is now trying to free up their salary cap for the Wafer sweepstakes this offseason.

6. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I aint saying he going get a MLE or 8 mill a year. I'm just saying he's goin get some money.

He reminds me of Roger Mason from the Spurs but more athletic. And Ason go t a nice lil long term deal from SA this past off-season

7. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Daryl please just guides him the way home.:DThis guy's been terrific off the bench and been even better when starting the game.

8. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

If possible make him a deal before the rest of the league realizes how good he is

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is a completely unrestricted Free Agent....I don't think we have any rights to him...he will probably get a good offer somewhere.

I hope he stays...he is a serious NBA talent...and probably a starting SG in this league..

DD

10. Ismail

Ismail Member

I am pretty sure he'll at least consider our offer, since we did pick him up after he had stints with 4 other teams, not to mention all his summer league play. But he is really looking like he can be a contributer for us. What I first thought was just some nice shooting has really turned into a good effort from the guy, I hope he continues his play and is a Rocket next year.

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

I would lock him up before it gets much more expensive to do so.

12. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I think he mentioned he liked it here? I'd like to hope he'd be willing to stay for cheap.

13. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

I like the kid. Could serve to be valuable insurance for Tracy and Ron. If I were Morey, I'd offer something along the lines of the LLE, 2 million for 3 years, with a team option on the last one. Definitely doable.

14. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

He will lol at that. I say Rick should bench him the rest of the season, so no other team recognizes his ability

15. ajsports23

ajsports23 Member

This is funny because just the other day Von was asking Yao to hook him up with a contract in the CBA for next season

16. efly

efly Member

good player worth a good offer

17. ambrose86

ambrose86 Rookie

lmao at the OP. He WILL NOT get an offer higheer than Landry. A swingman with his skillset is plentiful in this league and this would not command a higher salary than 3MIL per.

18. efly

efly Member

Wooo! Great news for me if it came true :cool:

19. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Well, remember Kirk Snyder? He actually averaged 13 points and started for the Hornets. Comparable. And J.R. Smith, look what he got.

20. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

He is the only Rocket swingman with those abilities, he haven't had one in a while