1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls can't wait to get rid of Tom Thibodeau

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SK34, May 5, 2015.

1. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I know people here think highly about this guy, but one thing we know is that all the teams he coached in Chicago had hard time to score consistently, this has to be a warning signal for teams who want to hire him. It's not like he didn't have talent, but somehow almost everyone of them lost scoring ability under him.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

RIP :(

3. jay_09

jay_09 Contributing Member

I've been in Chicago on business all week, most people that I spoke to want Thibs gone. That sentiment amplified after last night.

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

he'll let their offense be completely stagnant for minutes on end without calling timeout.

Amazing at setting up a defense, but he doesn't seem to have much with offense or player management

5. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Reminds me of the guy from Despicable Me

[​IMG]

6. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

7. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I agree. I'd hate to see him run Davis into the ground.

I don't watch the Bulls but I've read speculation that Noah looks terrible now because Thibs has done just that w/ him.

8. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Pelicans should pass on him. Davis is too talented too waste his career playing for JVG Junior. This entire school of coaching has been proven neffective at winning when it matters. Sure, a suffocating defense is great to have, but comes at the cost of running a stagnant offense.

Say no and walk away.

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Checkout this Fred Hoiberg offense:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="fr" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/KellyScaletta">@KellyScaletta</a> Warriors-esque <a href="http://t.co/yEJAebljGi">pic.twitter.com/yEJAebljGi</a></p>&mdash; Radius Athletics (@shermsports) <a href="https://twitter.com/shermsports/status/600321958547312640">May 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bulls announce they have fired head coach Tom Thibodeau.</p>&mdash; Nick Friedell (@NickFriedell) <a href="https://twitter.com/NickFriedell/status/603955994457055233">May 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Scoop him up please!

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Wow, that was harsh, although expected. Hope he will get a good job soon.

13. rockets13champs

ROCKETS PLEZZZZZZ SIGN THIBS!!!!! If not pels will win division

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

but won't win the Championship because he has grinded thier players bones to dust

Rocket River

15. Nook

Nook Member

Can you imagine what Thibs would do to Dwight Howard's knees??????

16. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

This is all stupid. You should be very happy with the job Mchale has done. I'll admit I never wanted him here as a coach...but give the man his props. S**t, we just lost to the best team in basketball in the conference finals. It was a real good run and Tibs from Chicago is not the best idea no matter what. He use to workout Yao so hard, maybe it had something to do with all his injuries and early end to his career. If you don't believe my theory has any merit....go talk to D Rose.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If we were going to replace McHale I'd want Hoiberg, maybe Alvin Gentry, etc. Not Thibs.

18. verysimplejason

Better Thibs than McHale. It's up to Morey and management to provide a stipulation in the contract to control Thibs regarding overusing players. If Thibs doesn't sign that then just forget about him. Brooks may be another candidate to the post as he knows Harden though I don't know about their relationship.

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

How many careers does Thibs have to destroy, with his 110% all the time mantra, before people realize yes, he does produce at a nice team output....at a terrible cost.