1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now Lebron wants to form another superteam with CP3, Melo & Wade..Can we disqualify him from GOAT co

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hakeemthagreat, Mar 24, 2016.

1. hakeemthagreat

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15055866/lebron-james-ponders-superteam-carmelo-anthony-chris-paul-dwyane-wade
    "I really hope that, before our career is over, we can all play together. ... At least one, maybe one or two seasons -- me, Melo, D-Wade, CP -- we can get a year in," James told Bleacher Report in February for a feature story on James' and Anthony's relationship that was published Wednesday. "I would actually take a pay cut to do that."

So this clown wants to orchestrate forming ANOTHER super team. Like really?:confused: Die hard NBA fans should be ashamed of what today's game has become. I remember guys would literally give their ALL to completely DESTROY their rivals. It was literally a war on the basketball court. This is why we say this NBA generation is soft. Because of weak ish like this. Lebron & his "short cut" approach to winning rings is exactly what's wrong with the NBA. How do you start thinking about teaming up with your "friends" when you're in the middle of fighting for a ring with your current team? How many super teams do you need to form to be great? Didn't he handpick his current team and get the previous coach fired? As new generation fans, how do you accept this foolery? This is pathetic:rolleyes:

After this, dude shouldn't be considered in ANY GOAT discussions

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I think you're overreacting. I'm not LeBron fan, but this would probably not happen for at least another 2 seasons. By then, they'll all be old AF and it would hardly be a super team.

BigDog63 likes this.
  3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

too much talking about this...and then wonders why fans hate him or turn on him. Just say it would be nice in the future, if it can happen, and that's it.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Lebron constantly trying to rile up media discussion about him because he's sad Curry took his spot as the face of the league.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

all these guys are at the tail end of their careers. by the time this may even be possible it wouldn't even really matter.

6. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

How is this a super team? CP3 and Melo are perennial losers.

1 person likes this.
  7. conquistador#11

I wouldn't care by then. It's when you're old that you should be able to do that, not in your prime like in 2010.

8. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

They can do whatever the fk they want man. They are taking a pay cut to do that. It's money out of their pocket, really you can't do anything with it. It does however make their championships tastes slightly sour.

9. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

This.

LeBron sees the writing on the wall. The Warriors and Spurs are historic juggernauts standing in his way and his hand-picked, micro-managed, and macro-coached team is not going to defeat them in the Finals.

LeBron's career is slipping by as he gets older and his legacy is fading quickly. Curry is on pace to do things only Jordan did, which was suppose to be LeBron's destiny as the chosen one. So, naturally LeBron wants to crawl back into the comforts of a super team - the only thing he knows best.

1 person likes this.
  10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Funny how much flack LeBron, Wade, Bosh, CP3, Melo, etc. get when there are rumors of teaming up yet nobody bats an eye when SA forms a super team, when LAL tried to form a super team (TWICE!), when Boston formed a superteam, etc. Even the notion of KD going to create a superteam with the Warriors is not getting the same proportional level of hatred and disparagement that LeBron gets for a pretty mild comment like this.

Imo, he lost GOAT status because of his relatively short league dominance, not because he formed a "super team".
    Also LeBron could win 10 titles straight and he'd be disqualified as GOAT by many people especially the Jordan stans and the Kobe stans.

11. OTMax

OTMax Member

Exactly. Lebron needs to face it, it's over for him. Curry is the new face of the franchise, Spurs are doing great things, next year the team where KD goes to will be another one surpassing his little Cavs team.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Windhorst:

How are these comments playing with his current teammates?

If you were on the team, you wouldn't think this is so funny. I know it's a nice little dream for these guys to have. The reality is this: Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony & LeBron James were all UFA in 2014. All of them elected to sign with different teams for different reasons. This is a pipe dream right now. LeBron needs to focus on his own team. That's something he's gotten away from and should get back to.

Can a piece of this dream happen?

Realistically, I can give you the road map for next year.

Kevin Love is traded for Carmelo Anthony;
    Kyrie Irving for Chris Paul;
    Wade leaves in free agency and signs with the Cavs.

Go ahead boys! Let's see it happen! Does any of that sound like it's coming together? No. But that's how it could happen. It would take something that crazy. I won't say it's impossible. I just told you how it's possible. Each of these guys have come to crossroads at different times in their careers and have decided to go to different situations. It's fun for us to talk about but it's never been reality.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Two completely different things...one is forming a super team as things develop and there is an opportunity to do so...and another is to plan it out ahead of time and state so publicly.

It's like what Dwight is doing now...he's already putting in action his plan to raise his stock and become more appealing to other teams, so he can leave. Fans don't want to hear/see that, when the team is still trying to compete for something.

14. Caesar

Caesar Member

33 year old superstars would be old as F?

That team together at that age would win the next 3 titles.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The Rockets analogy might not be so great. Anyone expecting anything more than a 4-0 or a miraculous 4-1 annihilation is delusional at this point.
    Also, I don't even agree with the Dwight thing. I really don't understand what people expect him to do at this point. Dedicate his life to the Rockets and tell everyone he's going to resign for vet min? The fans are turning on him, the organization has turned on him, Dwight is not in the wrong for focusing on life after the Rockets.

#15 RedRedemption, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  16. The Stig

The Stig Member

I still think GSW's starting five of Curry Thompson Barnes Draymond and Bogut is still better than CP3 Wade Melo Lebron and ???.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Wade and Anthony would be like Malone and Payton back in the days when they joined the Lakers. Maybe worse.

18. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

They can do whatever they want. They're financially secure as individuals and can pick and chose how they want to control their own labor any way that they like.

#18 Kwame, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  19. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

You don't think the Spurs planned ahead to have a max slot available last summer and have the Duncan/Manu contracts end? Sure, they weren't flaunting it in the media but they were surely trying to form a squad. Same for LA.

20. SunsRocketsfan

don't know if its nostalgia speaking but yes 90's NBA was the best ever with awesome rivals and interesting story lines.

Today's nba is quite different with the new social media generation. But I think when playoffs come around players still care and things get competitive But sometimes people just like to complain. :) Curry and is amazing and competitive yet there is a whole thread on here on how people want to punch his face in and hope he breaks his ankles.