1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight gone based on this article

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballplayer, May 19, 2016.

1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The sugar coated version of, "Dwight, stop being a little b****."

2. OTMax

OTMax Member

Dwight is his own worst enemy and his ego has gotten the best of him for most of his career. He came in as a player who wanted to create a brand for the 'christian, devout, the believer' and remain humble. As soon as he became good and the focal point, that went out the door and he became 'superman'. Now he's just a shell of himself and he can't let it go that he's no longer that. Probably a lot of friends and others around him who tell him he's still great or he's just that selfish. It's sad because he seems like a genuinely fun, light-hearted guy who just got lost in the fortune and fame. Still, I don't feel sorry for him one bit, because he keeps lying and making himself make out to be a victim. The way he talks is like he wants people to feel sorry for him and to do this whole PR tour and admitting he was putting himself first, sorry Dwight but you just made it worse. I will remember some good things you did in Houston, but what will always stick out are the lies that started with stabbing SVG in the back and will probably last far beyond your retirement. Hope he finds himself and will one day be totally honest with himself and maybe truly apologize for all the lies though.

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Please watch a Rox game. Dwight is one of the most inefficient post players in the league. He has no goto move, struggles catching the ball, and can't make free throws. It is brutal to watch him play post up basketball.

4. Pbev99

Pbev99 Member

So you're saying the Rockets don't have a bad rep around the league? You have one ex player on TNT constantly trashing the organization and comparing their head coaching job to being captain of the Titanic. There was plenty of criticism from the national media when Les fired Kevin McHale 11 games into the season after coming off a Western conference finals appearance. Just look at some of the negative threads in this forum about Les Alexander.

Yes Dwight is a head case and it's better moving on from him, but I doubt the Rockets are going to be an organization that premier free agents are going to sign with unless they start cleaning up their image.

5. Harden's beard

and yet he led the entire league in post touches... how many possessions did we waste trying to post-up Dwight... smh

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The McHale thing was just typical honestly. Whenever a coach gets fired the other coaches band together like glue and talk about how wrongly he was done and how bad it was to fire the guy.

Honestly I get tired of that crap. They act like a coach can NEVER do a bad job and that it is always 100% on the players. If that was the case then they should have their salaries cut since that means any old joe could do it.

7. cebu

cebu Member

he's cursed. the guy is cursed. no matter where he goes there's always drama.

8. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

You can never be great without recognizing where you're weak.

9. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Count me on the "done with this guy" list from now on.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

We were talking about Dwight not Mchale. BTW the players are pretty smart you're under the assumption that they are all stupid. Players talk and there's a reason that a lot of players around the league don't like Dwight despite never having really known him personally. The way the Dwight media tour is going right or wrong Dwight will be blamed for Mchale. I think he should be. He was always injured and didn't play to his potential. He's clearly a liar and a distraction and it's been pushed that way by journalists on tv already (Because it's true).

I think you guys panic in that area too much (Will free agents come here). Players like Harden but a lot people hate Dwight including Kevin Durant, he is one of the major reasons free agents wouldn't come here and hopefully he'll be gone soon. Dwight is the reason people hated the Rockets. No one hated the Rockets before he got here we were just a young fun to watch, up and coming team and Dwight being here ruined. I was happy to have him then by I admit to not really knowing the trouble he caused or the type of game he played. Once I saw him play and the way we played I found myself on this board complaining more because our style of play was just bad and I blamed Mchale for not being able to bring it together a little better.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

**** dwight for doing this.

But the organization isn't any better, getting a coach to pretty much make him opt out.

Just a bunch of whiny p*****s all around.

12. Sanity2disChaos

Honestly the entire organization looks bad at the moment. From top to bottom.Howard throws stones and hides his hands,unfortunately everyone else do to.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

People aren't buying Dwight's BS. Again this is his third nightmare with a team and he's doing exactly what a lot of people predicted. The more he talks the more he's exposed as a liar and the better it is for the Rockets. Jason Terry's comments are being showed on all sports networks and they expose Dwight as a fraud.

14. onreego

onreego Member

Are you still a "liar" when you wholeheartedly believe the words you are saying? The problem here is Dwight doesn't see himself as the problem. Everyone else is. In his mind, his interpretation of the events are truth so he'll never see himself as the liar. It's sad, that he'll go on to ruin a fourth team and will somehow find a way to blame them.

Funny that during the season so many people called Harden a stat padder but in reality Howard was the one trying to do just that for his new contract. You could literally see the irritation in his face when another rocket stole a rebound from him.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Kinda lowkey wanna see what Silas could do with Dwight

17. OTMax

OTMax Member

Damn, Dwight better not indicate he's thinking about opting in. Maybe that's the hold up and we're actually going to sign D'Antoni just to make Dwight leave. That would be the saddest and most pathetic thing this franchise has ever done.

18. mig0s

mig0s Member

Sign D'Antoni to a 10 day contract, Dwight opts out, waive D'Antoni?

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

He's not staying...if he stays he'll lose money and may get traded in a ****ty team/market...also, he doesn't like play with Harden, he speaked negatively to the media about Morey and the organization...really, is there even a single reason why he should stay here?

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Rockets Insider ‏@Rockets_Insider
    "He would welcome him back. We would welcome him back." - Daryl Morey on @br_radio on Mike D'Antoni and #Rockets bringing back Dwight Howard