1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why couldn't we get Mo Williams?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Feb 10, 2015.

1. rocketseagles07

Lol and Prigioni does? It's not the end of the world but I would've liked to get Mo as well. He can hit open shots and when hot can get you 15+. And why do you guys keep talking about your personal feelings towards Mo? If he can help the team why do you care?

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yes prigioni plays defense. Not sure why people keep saying this joke. Prigioni isn't fleet footed but he is smart snd competes on defense

3. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

No one is saying that Mo isnt any good. He just isnt good enough to lose your **** over us not trading for him and bumping this thread anytime he scores more than 5 points.

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Prigioni to Mo is like 2014-15 Harden to 2013-14 Harden, yeah 2014-15 Harden isn't winning any defensive awards but the difference is pretty obvious

5. rocketseagles07

Prig doesn't have the lateral quickness to play d and when his man passes him he just runs into him and commits a foul. I'm not saying either one of em are solid defenders but pablo is not even average defensively

6. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Pablo is actually pretty good on D. As other posters have said he makes up for his shortcummings with good postioning. He is not a lockdown defender by any means but he doesnt seem to be a liability on that end.

7. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Absolutely did not need this guy. Would have made no real impact on the team.

2/27/15 vs Boston
    31 pts/7 reb/4 Ast/6-13 3Pt/9-23 shooting/3 TO

3/1/15 vs Orlando
    23 pts/11 Ast/2 reb/4-7 3pt/9-16 shooting/2 TO

yup definitely not worth the 2nd rounder 4 years from now that it would have cost.

8. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Did you have a relationshipt with Mo? Serious question. Is he that missing peice that would have brought us a championship? If not i dont understand why you are still on this.

9. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Mo is an A-Hole..would be a cancer to the team in my opinion

10. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

His last five games he has taken 16, 23, 15, 20, 17 shots. Im Sorry but Mo wouldnt be getting that many FGA on the Rockets. So im not sure how much all those empty stats mean that you keep posting. But im not sure that matters, you have already shown some strange obsession with a run of the mill role player.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

1 person likes this.
  12. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

He is averaging 18 shots a game. No thanks.

13. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

He is a good player, but we didnt get him and I dont think that is the difference between winning a championship or not. I just dont see the point in this, are we going to create a thread for every player that was dealt that we didnt get who could have contributed?

14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Like why is this still going? Look at ya making me comment on this

15. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

Believe he has the most points scored in the first four games of any player in the history of Charlotte NBA basketball. If not, he's right there hovering around Glen Rice numbers.

He was picked up not with Charlotte's own second round pick, rather with 2nd round pick owed the Hornets through what I believe was used by Los Heat to offset the Floppin' J Hairston for Shabaz Napier trade on draft night. He, Mo that is, also wanted to go to Charlotte to play with his BFF Al Jefferson.

In addition, he was brought in to immediately address PG position, which Neal was playing off the bench. And he also stretches the floor, something massively missing on the Hornets roster with PJ Hairston's troubles, Vonleh who cannot find an offensive player to D up on when he's in a game and now-departed Neal's shot having gone stone cold.

16. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

He's playing the same role as Kemba Walker was before his injury. The PG gets tons of shots. Right now Williams is taking more shots than Harden.

17. hakeemthagreat

I hate when ppl say stupid bs like "it's not like he's the missing piece to a championship". Are we any closer with Prigioni? Prigioni will get ran circles around when the playoffs come. He's simply too old and slow. Mo Williams is a solid role player. Some of you get too caught up in personal dislike of guys. Terry, Smith are a few examples of players you guys we should stay away from

18. knucklehead3321

It's too late now... I would still like picking him up in the offseason, I feel he complements bevs game and will be somewhat affordable. He has a good basketball IQ and seems to do whatever is asked of him, be it score or not plus he shoots the 3 ball pretty good.

19. krouchchocolate

I don't like mo williams, but I think he would be a good pickup as a backup point guard.

20. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

He's averaging fifth highest in scoring in the NBA since traded. Believe he's averaging nine assists, one steal, and three boards since as well. Very good backup PG if this is what he can do in spurts as a starting PG due to injury.