1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Grantland] Bill & Jalen's 2014-15 NBA Preview

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Oct 14, 2014.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Man...that "Nick rocks!!!" thing was cringe-worthy. But hey...cool that they have an excited owner.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Is Dwight our Chemist?

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The very definition of groupthink. I wish I could get video like this for all the companies I'm considering throwing money into on the market.

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The owner of Sacramento appears to be enthusiastic about what he is doing and that is great and all, but right about now I am so grateful we have an owner that just lets Daryl do his thing come draft day.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Can't be. He does spend enough time on the bench to wave towels and cheer-- and they don't let you carry a towel on the court while playing.

Dwight might be enthusiastic but a real good chemist has to be available at least 25-30 minutes a game on the bench like Robert Sacre and Rony Turiaf.

6. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Considering past drafts for Sacramento, I would probably overrule my GM too! (unless the GM also changed with the owners)

What they normally did, hadn't been working so might as well try it Ranadive's way

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Somehow I still doubt Ranadive will be able to say no when Daryl Morey comes calling with a horrible deal. It's like they have battered wife syndrome when it comes to trading with the Rockets.

8. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

Cisco is our chemist.

9. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

#22 Detroit Pistons
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CM-bRCGBw0M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The Pistons are going to be pretty bad this year - but I am excited to see SVG take the helm. I think guys like Jennings and Drummond will benefit immensely from his coaching. They could be exciting.

And Bill thinks Smith should come off the bench - I think Monroe might should. Drummond and Smith would be brutal defensively, even if they're both pretty terrible offensive players.

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I still have a soft spot for Josh Smith. I hope he ends up playing next to Dwight...

12. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Troy Daniels maybe?

13. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

I hope he doesn't - Sacramento has some nice pieces that I wouldn't mind getting for the Rockets

Edited in:

Grantland has been pumping out article after article and video after video on the NBA, and man are they entertaining! Whether it's Jalen & Jacoby, or Jalen & Bill, or all three of those guys, or Zach & Bill - all thoroughly entertaining stuff. But! it's all non-information as far as I'm concerned. Jalen gives some juicy nuggets every so often, but the others are mostly just fan takes. They're just better at voicing the fans' thoughts is all. Zach Lowe has some good insight, but my main reason for watching/reading them is purely entertainment and fun.

I'm glad Clutchfans exists; when the countdown reaches the Rockets, you can be sure they'll just summarize the GARM's current opinions.

#53 srrm, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'm guessing they're going to go far into the start of the season with these.

15. LoganRoxFan

LoganRoxFan Member

I wonder when they recorded the Utah one because if the preseason is any indication on how they'll be this year, Bill and Jalen are way off with Utah at 29.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He would be a great fit. Thought that at the time and still think so now.

17. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

It's just preseason. You sound like the Jazz announcers who were raving that Hayward was leading the league in steals per game and his FG% was up over last season. Obviously a new coach so they're trying to set the tone for the season, but I don't think they'll be this season's Phoenix Suns.

18. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I guess there's no more previews...

Hopefully the Grantland show will be as good as these vids.

I'm fearing that they have the Rockets at 15

19. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

Yeah ESPN screwed NBA fans over

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Why do you say that?