1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets likeliest team to trade for Rudy Gay?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thevirus, Jul 28, 2016.

1. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Not quite!

[​IMG]

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Agree 100%. Neither incites me to chorus, tho.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I dont want Nick Young in any trade. Unless a 1st is attached. Dont like him or his attitude. Terence Ross is fine depending on the trade proposal. Nick Young is not a good addition if you are trying to build a good team culture.

4. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Agreed, that dude is a locker room cancer

5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Nick Young is a poor man's Marcus Thornton.

6. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Homeless man's*

7. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

So any more juicy details on if we are any closer in acquiring Rudy Gay?

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

We don't need another ball dominant wing that can't shoot. I have no idea what people's fascination is with Rudy Gay. He's not what we need.

9. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Gay would be a badass addition to the team

A line up of Harden/Gordan/Gay/Beasley/?(I like that new onikau or whatever) would be a nasty squad off the bench

Bev/Harden/Prigs
    Harden/Gordan
    Ariza/Gay
    Anderson/Beasley/Harrell
    Capella/Nene/onikau

That gives us a lot of room to rotate players especially if smith stays

10. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Because we need guys who can actually score and not be a complete liability putting the ball on the floor?

11. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

Rudy Gay can be to us what Andre Iguodala is to the warriors

12. Fantasma Negro

He's a pure shooter that could get buckets off the bench. His defense is horrendous but if the the plan this season is to set the points per game I think he gets you closer to that goal. But I want Gay, he doesn't make us a media "super team" because he's vastly underrated which is mainly his own fault but teaming Gay with Harden can be a lethal combination in the D'Antoni offense

13. Fantasma Negro

Ariza would be the Iguodala, because he'd be going to the bench

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't know either...i mean, i don't think he's a bad player, even though every team he left got quickly better...but sometimes, to me it seems that a lot of people just hope we trade for players in other teams thinking they're better than what they really are just cause...they're on other teams, you know, just to see new faces...

Not really, Iggy can defend three (maybe four) positions, can pass, can shoot...Gay is an average defender at best (for one position), never passes the ball and he's not even a reliable shooter so...

15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Basically just a gay version of iggy

16. awc713

awc713 Member

Gay would be a terrible fit in Houston. Averages 15 FGA per game? 34% from 3? No D? No thanks.

17. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Capella
    Gay
    Beasley
    Gordon
    Harden.......beast mode

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Teams would LOVE playing the Rockets if we went with that lineup. Everyone on the opposing team would boost their scoring numbers as their team scored like 140 points easy.

19. OTMax

OTMax Member

Indeed!

20. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I'm all in for Rudy Gay, even with whatever negatives in his game some people see. He can handle the ball for a big 3 or small ball 4, unlike anyone in that position for us last year could do other than Beasley. He's a 18ppg scorer for his career, and if people didn't know, we are trying to outscore teams this year, not out defense them with MDA as the head coach.

I would not want to give up Ariza for him if we didn't have to, but if it required it I would. Ariza won't be as good to us in MDA's system because he really can't handle the ball and isn't a good passer. Anyone remember his horrible inbound plays last season? His 3pt shooting may be slightly better than Gay's, but Ariza is REALLY streaky. Sure Ariza is a better defender, but while we say we will put attention on that this season, it's not our focus. We honestly won't care if teams score 110 every game, as long as we are above 120. Point differential wll be what to watch with this team, not defensive numbers.

Gay would be a talent upgrade offensively no matter how you look at it if any of Ariza, Brewer, KJ, Dekker or any overseas players are traded for him. Plus, Harden will make all offensive players on our team that can also handle the ball be better than they were with their previous teams. I expect Anderson and Gordon to have their best years scoring, if they can stay healthy.