1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Diamondbacks @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Clutchfans is literally the best forum there is...little leeway is given for BS (real or perceived), however. Not that you're looking for my approval or anything, but you're cool in my book with this comment.

Saying that you don't care about what people think about you is the wrong foot to step out on, though. If you don't care, why are you here?

If you truly are a hardcore Houston sports fan, it's likely you'll fit right in around here.

Welcome to the boards, breh.

added EDIT:
    oh yeah, and switch to "dark" mode...

1 person likes this.
  2. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

This is a great post and there are several new people to this forum that should read and apply a lot of what you said. Nice job!

1 person likes this.
  3. cardpire

cardpire Member

agreed. was about to say the same damn thing.

4. TOP

TOP Member

I'll cool it a little on posting throughout the game by not posting quite as much. Pretty much everything I said following a play or the reaction I had was similar to post people throughout the game. It wasn't until I mentioned I was happy about the Royals losing while comparing the Blue Jays to Diamondbacks and saying the Diamondbacks suck. Maybe my opinion about the D'backs was wrong but I didn't for a second realize I was saying something that was going to be taken the way it was. My mistake... I didn't sign up to fight with people.

And my comment about not caring what people was referring to the fact I wasn't attacking anyone so if I upset people, Idk. Not like I was trying to... I was just upset that with the game was on the line and Marwin got picked off in a huge moment followed by back to back jacks to start off the 10th. Then you reflect on the mistakes that were made and I was just disappointed. I'll try to keep my outburst short next time by saying "crap!" or "dammit". My bad for tearing down the D'backs during the loss.

5. Disciple of RP

Just let it go...you're cool, my man.

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Lost tonight, but it's not over. This series can still be exhibit __, on HOU greatness.

Stros could lose this series or maybe get swept... but main obstacle is playing better road games going forward.

Great pitching and improved hitting... HOU likely will.

8. TOP

TOP Member

Got it.

Believe me... I was an Astros fan as they were finishing dead last. I've been on the Tennessee Vol forum since 2009 and my favorite teams you can show below your username have been the same since I signed up. Astros, Titans, Pacers. I'm sure many aren't high here on the former Houston Oilers but I don't plan to argue over that or anything. I may have gotten a bad rap tonight when it wasn't what I was going for at all but nobody can question my loyalty to the Astros.

Trust me, I hate bandwagon fans and I tend to hate most big market/city teams as well. Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Miami, Boston, cough*Dallas*cough. Then there's teams like the Cardinals and Steelers who I despise as rivals. Nah, I could never switch teams. I'm even annoyed my Vol fans who were all Colts fans but are now all Broncos fans. Or Heat fans that are all now Cavs fans. They always brag about how good their team is when they only care about one player. In the future I guess they'll brag about how some other team is better than my team cause they just pick the best player/teams. I think it's despicable as a sports fan.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

For TOP's sake I hope they win tomorrow. I don't think he can handle losing two in a row to Arizona.

10. TOP

TOP Member

lol

Yeah, yeah.

The loss did suck. Especially with all of the mistakes. But I mean, come on... getting picked off in the bottom of the 9th for a 3rd out with a chance to win and then opening the 10th inning by giving up back to back jacks. You don't witness losses like that regularly so I guess I let it get the best of me. Given how it all went down... :mad:

:)

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The homers didn't bother me nearly as much as the pick off. That pick off was inexcusable. You can't have mental errors at that point in a game. Astros seem to make a lot of outs on the bases. Great thing about baseball is they play again tomorrow!

1 person likes this.
  12. TOP

TOP Member

Yeah, in that situation you should be totally focused if you're Marwin. You're right, we get thrown out a lot on stealing but in this case, the game was on the line with 1 out left. He gave that out away :/

And yep, I'll be here again tomorrow night(most likely) for the Astros win(guaranteed ;)).

Anyways, I tried to rep everyone who replied to me. I want to be on good terms with everyone. I should have signed up years ago but I was lazy. Signed up for Tennessee Vols forum in 2009. Pacers forum in 2011? Just signed up for this forum. Still need to sign up for the Titans forum. I don't know why I took so long to sign up for them all. If you guys are wondering what you have to look forward to out of me... I'm about 50 posts away on the Vols forum from 2009 and it's 10 posts a day. The board has high traffic, the average is probably about 2,000 on at a time during the day. So if this board has less traffic, you can expect me to keep it reasonable since there is less to reply to. No worries, I'll try to fit in. Came here to join fellow Astros fans, not step on toes.

Hope everyone has a good night.

13. TOP

TOP Member

I meant I'm about 50 posts away from 25,000 posts on the Vol site which is an average of 11.22 posts a day. They have sub forums for every pro sport, for politics, movies/music, the pub(anything), the endzone(games) and so on. It's a pretty large site so I find lots of topics to post on. I'm cool if there's not as much traffic here. I just wanted to be around Astros fans. I grew up and still live where I grew up... 4 hours from Chicago, 5 hours from St. Louis. We don't have any pro teams in my state so everyone for the most part was a Cubs or Cardinals fan. They annoyed me to no end and it made being an Astros fan even better. And watching the Astros knock the Braves out of the playoffs with a huge Braves fan who also throws controllers when he's loses in NCAA football... haha. Go Stros! :)

14. Disciple of RP

ugh....

;)

15. TimPoopura

TimPoopura Member

Heartbreaker of a game. We made some mistakes. That happens.

When was the last time we were blown out? These days, it feels like our losses are always close and our wins are bigger. It's nice.

16. LHSPanther62

LHSPanther62 Member

Was at the game! Diehard rockets fan that is trying to have a third sport to fill in the gaps after football and basketball season. Poor ending but was happy with the energy coming from the crowd towards the end.

17. TOP

TOP Member

Given my reception as an Astros fan on an Astros forum... I think I'll avoid the Texans forum as a Titans fan. :p

Nah, I miss when the Texans were a new expansion team that struggled for years to improve. Now that they're competing for the division, they've become a quality rival. Sucks that while the Texans improved the Titans got worse. So, I think it's a pretty cool rivalry now that the Titans were formerly Oilers in Houston and the Texans now have arrived after years of being new. As far as Bud Adams(RIP), Tennessee fans didn't hate him as much as much as Houston fans but we didn't really him either.

Fwiw, I was jealous when the Texans got Mallet. I had been wanting the Titans to go after him and Kellen Moore. I just looked at the Texans depth chart though and he's behind Hoyer? I guess I'm surprised by it because I thought the Texans were going to give Mallet a chance and he could be big time. Guess we'll see how that goes.

And the Titans after drafting VY were always finishing in the middle of the pack and weren't getting top 10 picks. The Mariotta pick was the first time in a while they've picked that high. Titans may end up sucking this season(most likely) but I'm at least excited to watch him. I was also excited about seeing Mallet too. I was afraid Malletwould become the starter, breakout and throw for 200-300 yards with maybe a 400 yard game or 2 a season.

Let's just agree that the Colts tanking the season for Luck to replace Peyton is bull. I don't mind the Astros doing it but screw the Colts for doing it lol. We had to deal with Peyton for like 15 years. Guess we'll get 15 more of Luck. Insane if you think about the possibility that 2 potential QB's could carry a franchise for almost 30 years. And I was impressed by Montana and Young.

18. Mattician

Mattician Member

Tough loss.

19. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

It seems earlier in the year the pen was tough as nails. Now the set up guys Harris, sipp, fields Are yielding runs. This is concerning. Qualls has been who I thought he was (same dude from 2004).

20. conquistador#11

gut wrenching lost mostly because castro came through yet again, and our pen wasted it. it happens, but you can understand why we went so hard after a reliever. Hey, the california angels lost so just win these next two. no pressure.