1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No Fun League vs Marshawn Lynch

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by joeson332, Jan 22, 2015.

1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Doing cardio at the gym like : I'm just here so I won't get fat"

2. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

What would the sports media talk about all week if they didn't have Lynch to b**** about? Jesus Christ, the whining the media has done has been ridiculous, they actually feel entitled and that he Lynch wouldn't be here without them.

These guys cover sports for a living and say Lynch wouldn't be here without them, what a joke. He has given them a story to run with for the last 5 days. Can't believe the amount of butt hurt I have seen from people actually sticking up for sports media.

All the media wants you to do is slip up. Talk to much or give an answer that could be seen is bulletin board material, they say you need to shut up and just play ball. Don't say anything at all and they want to nail you to a cross. Guy repeats same answer over and over, lets send more people to interview him and then cry about it...

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

media are master manipulators and schemers, especially entertainment media. i don't fall for their black magic, i don't feel how they tell me to feel, i don't think what they want me to think.

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Totally disagree. Lynch is acting like an absolute dumbass and his act has worn thin. If he wants to burnish his "hood" credentials, he should pick another venue. My grandmother saw his PC and remarked that he came across as the prototypical "dumb black jock" and I was forced to agree. She believes in being gracious and humble - two words that don't apply to Lynch. He didn't have to act like a dick and such behavior merely plays into the narrative about the black athlete.

So he's pissed at the media for reporting about his issues off the field? Really??? How about staying out of trouble and not driving under the influence? Playing in the NFL is a high profile job that pays more money than many of us will ever see in our lifetime and if you can't handle the spotlight, go find something else to do.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Basically . . . . .when hitmen come to take you down
    sounds ridiculous when they b**** about you constantly moving

:D

Rocket River

6. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

THIS HERE GLORY BOY BETTER TAKE HIS ONE-IN-A-MILLION PHYSICAL TALENTS ELSEWHERE IF HE CAN'T GIVE A PUBLIC RELATIONS-APPROVED ANSWER TO AN INANE QUESTION THAT SHEDS ACTUAL INSIGHT ON HIS PLAYING ABILITIES OR HIS TEAM'S STRATEGY. HE SHOULD BE RUNNIN' WIND SPRINTS AT A CAR WASH IF HE DOESN'T WANT TO ANSWER WHETHER OR NOT HE'S "EXCITED TO BE IN THE SUPER BOWL"! HOW ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW HOW TO FEEL IF HE WON'T TELL ME!

God, I hope the Seahawks win just to rustle the bejeezus out of people like you.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Shut up and play, boy!

8. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

If reporters can't handle his responses, go interview someone else. I'd rather the reporters ask other players questions than have the one of the best RBs of this generation go find another profession cause he craps on reporters.

Are you really that interested in how he will say, "I just run hard, my line does a great job. The pats d is tough, etc, etc..."

Sounds like your grandma has some opinions on African Americans that will never change and since you agreed, well maybe you do too. No need to make it a black and white thing.

9. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

He's just trying to be the best teammate he can be.

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Why did the reporters keep asking him questions? It's obvious he only had one answer for every question haha.

11. KyleBombardier

KyleBombardier New Member

News reporters are a bunch of vultures - They take quotes and blow them way out of proportion, regardless of the context.

I am a big fan of what Lynch did, good for him.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]Lynch seeks 'I'm just here' trademark

Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch is a man of few words, but when he utters those words, he sometimes trademarks them.

Lynch last week filed for the trademark to the phrase "I'm just here so I don't get fined" with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

"We heard from our fans and so many of them were saying that they wanted that phrase on the clothing," Chris Bevans, who runs Lynch's "Beast Mode" apparel line, told ESPN.com. "This is just listening to the marketplace."

Bevans said the phrase will appear on shirts and sweatshirts on the Beast Mode website within the next month.

The label will also debut a new shoe line in partnership with high end shoe designer Jon Buscemi. Bevans said the shoes, which will be made in Italy, will retail for $180.

They likely won't have trouble selling, as every item on the website made for men is sold out in all sizes.

Lynch's brand had its own pop-up shop in Scottsdale during the Super Bowl. Despite the fact the store's location was off the beaten path, it quickly sold out of its 1,000 hats, after Lynch sported different versions of the hat with his logo on it at media appearances during the week.

Sponsorship evaluation firm Front Row Analytics calculated total exposure for the Beast Mode brand that week to be more than $3 million in equivalent advertising time.

His latest effort isn't the first time Lynch tried to trademark a phrase he used on media day.

Last year, he trademarked "About that action BOSS," which he said to Deion Sanders of the NFL Network in his only interview he conducted during Super Bowl XLVIII media day. Lynch is expected to be the owner of that trademark by this summer, but in the meantime, he has already started selling clothes with the phrase on it.

Lynch owns four "Beast Mode" trademarks and has filed for four more. He has also filed for the phrase "Power Pellets."

Lynch had only filed for a trademark on his now familiar "B" logo that adorned his hats during Super Bowl week to be used on candy products and non-alcoholic beverages. Two weeks before the Super Bowl, he trademarked the logo with the intent to use it on clothing, headphones, sunglasses and duffel bags among other products.

Devin Lacerte of Octagon, who works with a trademark attorney on all of Lynch's trademarks, told ESPN.com last month that hundreds of cease-and-desist letters have been sent to people who try to sell products with the "Beast Mode" name.[/rQUOTEr]