1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What color this damn dress is?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by anchel, Feb 26, 2015.

Tags:
?

what color

1. Black and Blue

129 vote(s)
    72.5%
  2. White and Gold

49 vote(s)
    27.5%
  1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think in the original catalogue photo on the left, everyone sees it as blue and black, right?

On the right picture, which is just extremely over-exposed (as you can see from the background), it looks turquoise/light blue and, as rocketsjudoka said, dull bronze/gold to me, but I just think it's because the photo has been over-exposed like crazy (again, the background proves it).

Yung-T likes this.
  2. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

:eek: Now it has switched back to white/gold. This is too freaky!

3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I saw it as white and gold at first but now all I see is blue and black; however, I like the thread title. It sounds like a good yoda impersonation to me.

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

The thread title makes my head hurt.

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Cleveland 117, San Antonio 109

Jontro likes this.
  6. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

White and Gold forever.

7. 713

713 Member

Guys, what color is this dress?

[​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  8. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

What dress?

Xerobull and Jontro like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. TimDuncanDonaut

what an unexpected bump. :eek:

hope he didn't do it for apparel related reasons.

Yung-T, clos4life, Jontro and 3 others like this.
  11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

She mustve been wearing the wrong dress. Or was she.....?

Yung-T, clos4life, Jontro and 2 others like this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Did he beat her up until she was white and gold?

Yung-T, clos4life and Jontro like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Until she was black and blue. And then the dress turned red.
    Sorry. Not funny.

Keir Johnston has appeared at the High Court in Glasgow after being charged with the attempted murder of Grace Johnston at a holiday home in March last year.

Johnston is accused of conducting a near 11-year campaign of domestic violence and coercive control before allegedly trying to kill her by pinning her down and compressing her neck.

The 38-year-old repeatedly assaulted his wife at their home on the Isle of Colonsay, in the Inner Hebrides, culminating in him brandishing a knife at her and attempting to strangle her, the court heard.

Johnston's charges include, between April 2019 and March 2022, pushing his wife against a wall, shouting at her and throttling her, before threatening to kill her and brandishing a knife towards her.

He is also alleged to have attempted to enter a vehicle that his wife was in, striking her through an open window in the vehicle.

Johnston also allegedly placed his wife in a headlock and dragged her from a pub after she refused to leave with him.

Further charges claim Johnston isolated his wife from her friends and monitored her movements and her finances, controlling the amount of money that she had access to.

And there were a series of violent attacks by Johnston that led to the attempted murder of his wife. Johnston's behaviour allegedly culminated in a further accusation that on March 6, 2022, he pinned his wife to the ground and sat astride her.

He then allegedly proceeded to repeatedly place his hands around her neck and compressing, restricting her breathing while making threats of violence.

He is then claimed to have threatened to kill her and brandished a knife at her, all to her injury and to the danger of her life.

The Crown say that the actions carried out by Johnston were with the intent to murder his wife.

The 38-year-old denies all charges against him, with the case continued for a further preliminary hearing ahead of a trial in 2024.

Following its initial popularity, the dress then featured in a domestic abuse campaign by the Salvation Army, who created an advert showing a bruised and beaten woman clad in a white and gold dress.

The poster features a tagline reading: 'Why is it so hard to see black and blue? The only illusion is if you think it was her choice. One in six women are victims of abuse. Stop abuse against women.'

Yung-T, rocketsjudoka and basso like this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yep, I couldn't resist.

My apologies.

J.R. and basso like this.
  15. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thank you; not funny at all.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Source: Husband became irate with her after disagreeing on the color of her dress

clos4life likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah that’s not funny. It was a brilliant campaign to use that dress though about how hard it is to spot abuse.