1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Newsflash: Lazy, 'selfish' players don't get 9 assists and 7 rebounds

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by a711, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I agree, people need to get some damn prescription glasses

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I don't think so. Why?

3. Mr Chuck Norris

He scores 50 with 9 and 7 they b****....he scores half of that they b****..... I see why nobody likes coming here.

4. basketballholic

HeyP,

You were showing Dwight is inept when he attempts to create. That wasn't my point. You decided to argue against the point I made by bringing up a separate issue. My point was strictly about finding Howard when he is wide open for the LOB AND THE DUNK!!!! Just like Thornton found him tonight. My point was not about what he does when he catches the basketball on the post or what he does when he has to make a decision with the basketball in his hands. It was not about what we can't do with Dwight. It was about what we can do with Dwight and have been largely failing to do with Dwight.

The man can still climb the ladder and throw it down. And this team has done a piss poor job of throwing the ball up to him for him to do that. Stay in denial. Torque the discussion to something it wasn't. I ain't going to participate. Post 100 screen grabs of plays that don't make a difference to throwing it up to Dwight so he can hammer it down. Deflect and re-arrange the discussion however you like.

The point remains...this team's perimeter players have done a piss poor job of throwing Dwight the lob for the dunk all season. And that includes Harden. I have plenty more screen grabs. I've tracked every game. I know what I'm talking about. Harden, Ariza, Brewer, Terry...all of them have done a piss-poor job of throwing it up to Dwight for the dunk.

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

I assume this is some kind of dig at my thread "lazy selfish basketball". If so, I've yet to see much that changes my opinion, and that thread wasn't specific to Harden.

This is still a bad team, unless you think wins over the 76ers and a Melo-less NY Knicks prove this team has turned a corner.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This "he got 7 assists so that proves he's unselfish" line of thinking is so simple-minded that I don't even want to begin to explain why. Learn more about basketball and improve your knowledge.

1 person likes this.
  7. JazzLakerHater

My issues with Harden is always on defense, never on offense. His effort on D this season has been inexcusable. Harden is a brilliant offensive player who is not a selfish ball hog like critics want to say. He's just a lazy defender.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Except for this game, I honestly think he's back to 2015 Harden on defensive effort since the firing. He was so horrible before that, though.

9. a711

a711 Member

It wasn't a reply to your thread but to people saying it all over the game
    Thread about harden

10. a711

a711 Member

You're unbearably dumb.

First of all it was nine, but whatever. Next you'll say Chris Paul is selfish.

11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

If you play 45 minutes, you better have numbers on your stats unless your Ty Lawson. Come on, 0-7 in 3 pt FG is just too much and the Rockets are so predictable when he has the ball in the waning minutes. I love the Beard, but I'm seeing way too many plays that the coach doesn't draw that only Harden draws.

1 person likes this.
  12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Players most CERTAINLY can be SELFISH when its about personal stats. There are definitely players who want to always have the ball in any way, and to get credit and statted for good plays. There are numerous players chasing stats, all stats/no substance.

But a player isnt necessarily LAZY in compiling stats. It takes effort to do it. Its a form of "Lazy" when saying a player doesnt have motivation and drive to do even the extra SMALLER things that leads to TEAM success over personal success

Being Lazy is Selfish. Though being Selfish doesnt mean its being Lazy

13. Hmm

Hmm Member

We've seen these productive stretches from Harden many times before, let's not act like it's some sort of revelation indicative of his true on-court character... You probably think that the string of poor team performance that's amounted to under 500 play, and wins that are barely managed against lesser (on paper) teams during Harden's "stellar" play is all the role players holding this team back... If you do, you're not seeing the forest from the trees...

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

You speak against his conspiracy theory, and credit your objectivity

But then you say as an ABSOLUTE that Lawson got a benching for partying it up in NY with a faking-sick Harden? With that we can conclude that Carmelo was out with "mystery" sickness, but he really was in that NY party entourage too

Just saying its complete conjecture with no objective facts to back up the claim, so really its doing the thing you talked against

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is doing ok now but where was he when McHale got fired.... he did his scoring but the team went south and started to fall towards last place

16. lionaire

lionaire Member

Those 3 straight possessions where he went at Calderon and got clamped up every time resulting in horrible shots. Then there were like 3 straight possessions in OT where Afflalo went at him and scored every time. It's just embarrassing.

17. hoopball

hoopball Member

what are you talking about. that was the most brilliant move by Harden. finally getting McFail fired.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

the brilliant move was never hire McHale and get Thibs or a known coaching veteran

19. OpenLayup-Why3?

Assists and rebounds is not defense. That's right, in Haren's case rebounds doesn't mean defense, because he lurks under basket waiting for a rebound while his man is open and does whatever.

20. OpenLayup-Why3?

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="R1xQi5a"><a href="//imgur.com/R1xQi5a">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>