1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

[Xbox One] Destiny

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nippystix, Sep 3, 2014.

1. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

Add another, Raylicious will be there. lvl 28. 11 pm is good

2. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Awesome. We have 5 with Raylicious. We just need 1 more. See y'all online tonight at 11.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

how is it as an fps?

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Just biding my time until Master Chief Collection...

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I'm less than thrilled with it. I bought it about 2 weeks ago and haven't touched it for a week. Instead, I find myself coming home to play CS:GO.

FPS elements are good. Good shooting mechanics to be expected from Halo creators.

The RPG elements are very meh. The skill tree is pretty limited in its customization. I'm only level 10, but there are no alternative skill trees as every skill is learned. From what I can tell, you just have the option of choosing skill A or skill B and there's no leveling up of each skill.

Each skill doesn't really change the gameplay much, either. Started off as a Gunslinger, the skills I gained by now are incendiary grenade vs. multi-grenade, double jump, knife throw, and the golden gun which charges so slowly that it's rarely used because you save it for bigger enemies. I pretty much rely on killing enemies the standard way with guns so it feels like my skills go unused and don't add much.

The criticism about the missions is very warranted. There's basically two repeated missions: trek your way into a lair and kill a boss or trek your way into a lair and defend it from waves of enemies. Very bland.

The open world where anyone can join your realm doesn't add much either. It's typically two randoms that can range from any level, yours or 20+, and everyone does their own thing. The mission isn't shared, the only time you'll see them is when an event, an optional side mission, happens and everyone congregates to kill waves of enemies.

Loot is very sparsely dropped from enemies in normal gameplay and it comes down to what gives higher stats.

I never really followed this game in development or got hyped from playing the beta. The only reason I bought it was because it was $30 from Fry's, and being a AAA title one month after release, I figure I could give it a try and trade it in if I didn't like it. It looks like I'm leaning towards the latter.

I have the new Borderlands shipping in. Always enjoyed that series as an FPS RPG.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm at LVL 24 add me for strike! I need a strike team!

Reekohtown82

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Thanks, looks like I'll just wait the 2wks for the master chief collection.

8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Still doing that group thing? Can i be invited, I'm only lvl20 tho?

1 person likes this.
  9. cdastros

cdastros Member

I wasn't able to message you guys through Xbox. I got disconnected and couldn't join and decided to call it a night. Hopefully we have better luck next time.

10. Christopher

Christopher Member

I just need raid boots and I'm level 30.

11. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Up to level 23. I got my first legendary item today....just body armor...

12. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Where is the PS3 thread at ;<

13. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

No worries Deagle. We all ended up calling it a night. We are planning on getting back together this Friday night to try and knock it out again. That way, we figure if we need to break it up into 2 nights, that gives us Saturday night to finish it off. And we decided to try and meet up earlier. 10pm is what we plan, but if I can make it earlier (like 9:30ish), we'll start earlier. Does that work for you?

Hopefully with the added week, we can level up our characters or weapons, which will hopefully make it easier to accomplish. To the other Clutchfans that have tackled the Vault of Glass, I'd greatly appreciate any tips or tricks. We got to the last section of Part 2, the Templar. We got really close a few times, but when the dude enters Enrage, it's game over. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

14. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I believe you have to be a minimum of level 24 to do the Vault of Glass, but I could be mistaken there. Keep me posted though as you level up, and you can most definitely join us in future raids. I also am hoping that Reeko can join us when he gets just a few more levels higher. Add me as a friend, GT is GuerrillaStench. Hope to see you soon BigMaloe.

15. YourSecretLover

level 30 here

waiting on dlc now

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I think it's 24 or 25, but going into the vault any lower than 26 is asking for frustration. The optimal level for normal mode is 28. Otherwise monsters do a lot more damage to you, and you do a lot less to them. Frankly level 26 is almost too low, at level 25 you're just a liability.

17. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Hey team, are the same 6 back in for Friday night around 10ish (hopefully a little earlier if I can get there earlier)?

Please reply here or send me a message through xbox live confirming you are in. When we discussed it before we all disconnected Saturday night, maybe one of us couldn't make it? If that is the case, I'd rather have a few days to find a replacement, as opposed to getting a random who ends up bailing on us (that b*stard!). Even if you cannot make it, please let me know, which would make it easier for planning purposes. Thanks fellas, I hope to see you all online Friday.

18. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

would love to get in a game with you guys, when gta5 was the "in" game those clutchfans groups were fun.. however i broke my thumb last week, so no gaming for a while..

19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Quick question.

I recently finally lvled up to lvl20, i don't play often, as a titan. But i feel maybe i should have went Hunter instead, or even warlock. I don't like the sub-class shield and the fist is only ok. Should i got ahead and create a new chapter and start over lvling it instead, or push forward with my titan? I'd really hate to do the story all over again, as it was kind of bland.

20. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

We'll be there. Just confirmed with Raylicious and Evraeee