1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else shocked at how good Ariza has gotten?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRedemption, Oct 20, 2014.

Tags:
  1. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

The Ariza contract looks like a steal.

2. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

I CAN'T WAIT to see Parsons' line with Ariza sticking him the whole game.

3. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Hayward used to freaking kill Parsons.

http://bkref.com/tiny/7yrxK

4. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

Not surprised really. I watched how he was playing last year and he has a solid understanding of what his role is. When people buy into their roles, their skillset rises even higher.

1 person likes this.
  5. gambingo

gambingo Member

So happy he's The 3Za now instead of the metalsmith in his first stint here.

6. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

7. Chamillionaire

For us, clearly, Ariza > cp.

8. impressivegol

impressivegol Member

lol i know i'm a head of myself here, but i don't think its crazy to think he will be among league leaders in 3PTM this season if he stays healthy.

the great start is such a plus as i've already forgotten/could care less about what parsons is doing in dallas

9. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

If Ariza can average even half his box score from last night, while playing solid defense on the opposing team's best wing player like he did on Hayward, the team has been improved tremendously at the starting SF.

10. platypus

platypus Member

Ariza is a knock down shooter and is a freaking pest on defense. He is exactly the player we need. If we had him last year instead of parsons for that portland series we would have swept the blazers.

11. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Ariza's first stink in Houston was bad because the whole team sucked in comparison to this current team.

12. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

I meant to say Ariza's first stint, not stink, but stink is a great word to describe Ariza's first Rockets stint in Houston.

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

+ Hayward's 24yo and was 4th in the league in creating most points for teammates for non-PGs.

14. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

It's a small sample size, but he has looked really good. Agree that he's a better fit for this team - we needed a wing stopper in the worst way. We gave up some playmaking for it, but it's worth it as long as we find someone else to help harden with that burden

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He's developed into quite a nice role player.

Obviously his shooting percentage will come down but he's playing his role perfectly, and without his big game in Utah we are in danger of losing.

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Papa is every bit the playmaker parsons was. Just pray that DD doesn't start riding his jock.

17. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Tbh. Parsons is still a better player than Ariza. And we knew that even before Morey made this Ariza deal. Ariza just another typical sub role player of this team.

18. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

Given Chandlers subpar defense, I dont think so. Honestly after seeing
    how well Ariza plays his role on this team its Ariza who fits us better. Id say
    Ariza is an overall better player. If you are only talking offense Chandler is a bit better but you have to consider defense as well.

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Ariza is a much better fit for this team with his consistent defense and shooting and Rocket's win now mode. Now, if the shooting % go down...

20. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

... He will still play a vital role defending the best perimeter shooter on the opposing team.