1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whats your preferred standings at the end of the season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Avoid the Clippers like a plague. Portland won't beat us again.

Dallas or Spurs would be ideal.

2. malakas

malakas Member

no we don't have to go through it all. It depends on match ups as always in the POs.
    Just don't face the Clips or OKC in the first round.
    I don't think OKC will remain the 8th seed and the Mavs look the weakest of all the western PO teams.
    The Spurs are the Spurs and people are expecting them to fall for like 10 years already. So rather avoid them as well.

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

That only applies in the East this year. If GSW or MEM don't bring it 100%, they're getting their ass handed to them.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

First place, holding the trophy on our home court.

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Way too early to even speculate this given the Rockets constantly juggling lineups we haven't even seen their best lineup yet.

Dwight is the biggest X Factor of course - he cures so many of our weaknesses right now.

Laugh all you want but having Prigs integrated to run that second unit is going to be huge - at this point in his career Terry should only play in select matchups and instances. He just cannot stay within 2 feet of opposing PGs on defense. But Prigs needs to get comfortable with the other guys first.

Really they're the only team in the top 8 that has had significant injuries to key players throughout the year and its made it hard for them to establish an identity as a results

GS - Curry hurt now and Lee earlier for a stretch, but Lee isnt one of their key players anymore. They know who they are from the jump and have been playing well since - though without Curry we'll see how they fare. They still have more than enough talent to beat most teams without Curry

Memphis - Defense is their calling card and they've been healthy all year long and were able to add in Jeff Green seamlessly. With the depth they have in the wings and the size up front really makes them the most dangerous team I feel.

Rockets - Injuries galore esp to 2nd best player in Dwight. I mean at one point we were starting Nick Johnson and Tarik Black and still winning/staying competitive in games. Added in at least 3 rotation players since start of the season (Smith, Brewer and hopefully Prigs).

Unsure of their identity - I think it will be defense but its hard to establish that without Dwight anchoring the middle. Behind the Warriors they are probably the most versatile team in the west (in terms of they can win with defense or offense)

Clippers - they've established who they are - outscore the other team they are not a good defending team, but have size up front and Paul is running the show. With BG out now they will be forced to adapt so the next several games will be telling but once BG is back they'll go back to being the team they are.

Portland - They have had some injuries this year (compared to last season) but still playing at a high level behind LaMarcus and Lillard. Their bench is good but they are still primary an offensive team with some good individual defenders in mathews, batum and lopez.

Spurs - They had injuries too but its the Spurs i dont think they are even worried as long as they are in the playoffs.

Mavs - they have atrocious defense and poor rebounding not sure Amare helps with that. They are the "we will just score more than you team" but that also has stalled since getting Rondo. I don't think they scare anyone actually despite their good record come playoff time.

Thunder - most devastated team with injuries but they've reloaded and once KD is 100% - they'll be one of the toughest bottom 4 seeds. No team wants to face this team when healthy.

Really its just the Rockets when I step back and think - how is this team going to play tonight? How will this team win? I mean majority rests on the shoulders of Harden and his great play but even then - will they win by being hot from 3? Defense? Completely unknown.

Like I do support Morey and what he has done to transform this team from what he was dealt with and unfortunate circumstances (Yao/Tmac injuries) - the only thing I would say that works against his philosophy right now is the continuity factor. Right now the biggest difference between the Rockets and the rest of the west is continuity.

Spurs - Pop/Duncan/Parker/Manu - like what 15 years together? with Leanord its like 4 years together?

Thunder - Ibaka/KD/Westbrook - played their entire careers together 6-7 years since Westbrook and Ibaka were rookies?

Portland - Lillard/Aldridge/Batum/Mathews - been together since Lillard's rookie year so thats what 3 years now - and the other 3 a couple of years more?

Grizz - Gasol/Conley/ZBo - 6 years together

GSW - Curry/Klay since Klay's rookie year - 4 years you can add in that Lee has been there also for those 4 years and for 3

Dallas - They are the only team that has had a lot of turnover just like the rockets, but Dirk has been a mainstay for a decade plus now.

Clippers - its been like 4 years since Paul, Griffin and Jordan have played with each other?

I mean Dwight and James have had 1 full season and this sort of half of a season to play with each other. The rest of the core - is all new outside of Dmo, Jones and Bev. Dallas went through more turnover but their star has been there for a while now and they have a much better head coach (IMO). But as I mentioned I dont think anyone see Dallas as a threat in the playoffs so not good company to be in.

6. rocketseagles07

This. Only realistic shot I think we have of getting out the 1st. Any other matchup I'm picking the other team. Call me negative if you want but I'm just being real. We beat any of the other teams the second unit is gonna have to defend like their lives depend on it and harden will have to play incredible, low turnover baskatball(both of which are possible)

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Flee the country if we have to play LAC

Fine with any other team since we won't get the Warriors

8. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Mavs would not be an "easy" matchup for us. They are a veteran team and would definitely take advantage of our mistakes including unforced TOs and 30 missed three point shots.

9. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

I think we could compete with anyone and beat anyone, except the Clips, and as of right now, possible G.S., other than that, we can win. Honestly it's a tough West conference, trust me, fans from other teams, fear us as much as we fear them.

10. rocketseagles07

Agreed. But I still think the mavs/spurs are the 2 best options. Anyone else I'm just not confident enough in the squad to beat. I do think we are much better built for the playoffs this year than last year. This team can go cold and stay in a game, last years team couldn't

11. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

I want revenge on Portland

12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

In the second round if possible.

I'd love to send CP, Cuban and the rest of Dallas home in the first round.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Dallas and Spurs seem the weakest. I'd take them in our bracket.

14. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I think Dallas is the easiest win. But I hope we don't play them. It would triple my stress levels during each game... I'm not sure I could handle it IF they beat us.

I'm not kidding, I wouldn't sleep well for a long time!

15. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

If we're missing that many 3's we won't beat anybody.

16. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Give me 20/10/2 Playoff Howard and Regular Season Harden transferred to the Playoffs with Josh Smith keeping up the good play and Ill Take the Rockets over anyone this year.