1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whats your preferred standings at the end of the season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, Feb 24, 2015.

1. marky :)

marky :) Member

The real contenders in the playoffs can almost get by not running on all cylinders to win playoff games. The Rockets on the other hand, need to play perfect almost 99percent of the time.

1. Harden needs to be in godmode in the playoffs
    2. Make 3's at a good percentage
    3. Defense and energy needs to be off the charts

But as usual, we'll probably only get 1 out of those 3 and if we're lucky we'll get 2. Unless we get all 3 every game, we're going to have a hard time winning games.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Give me any seed as long as we get to play Dallas or San Antonio.

Knocking either one of them out would be the second sweetest thing to winning a title.

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Would it be an upset if OKC beats Golden State if they happen to match up in the 1st round?

4. Lightsnowaction

If a healthy Howard can overtake Marc Gasol, I wouldn't mind them in the second round. Also, beating OKC in the Western Conference Finals would awesome only to emphasize that OKC can't go back to the Finals without Harden.

5. marky :)

marky :) Member

Yes it would be an upset. Warriors with the "Splash Brothers" have been sports media's darlings this season. I'm hoping OKC can put it all together by the start of the playoffs and knock them out.

If OKC is healthy, I think they'll either knock them out of the 1st round or take it to 7games.

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Not really, that series would probably enter as 50/50, maybe even OKC slightly favored if KD can get healthy and string together 15-20 games. Westbrook tends to feed on opposing "star" point guards like some sort of point guard vampire (what was he last time out against GS? 17/17/15 or something ridiculous?).

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It would be an upset, but not a shocking one. OKC is not your typical 8th seed thanks to all the injuries they've sustained. It's like when the Knicks knocked off the Heat in the first round and got all the way to the Finals in 1999. They would not have been the 8th seed had the season not lasted only 50 games.

8. SemisolidSnake

The scary thing is that it HAS to come out exactly that way, and it still puts us in the potentially-humiliating position of losing to the Mavs. We can beat them, though, if our heads are screwed on right. They didn't look great a couple days ago. Hell, I thought they looked like crap. We just played godawful. Hopefully, an anomaly from too much rest.

Eeek, at the prospects of slipping or the 5-8 teams jockeying positions. HOU vs LAC? NOPE. HOU vs POR? Possible, but emasculating if we lose against them twice in a row. HOU vs SA? No comfort there against the best playoff team of the past decade and a half.

Hopefully, our guys see this and start getting out of their various slumps and playing up to their full potential. The West is a horror film this year.

Just as a final thought, if the Western teams grind each other down and the East wins the Title, I'll be pretty pissed. Any team having to play an entire season in this West deserves that Title in the end. Has there ever been a conference so stacked in the history of the NBA?

9. photojoe

photojoe Member

The Western Conference is ridiculous. There isn't a single team there that won't tough as hell.

I would love to see OKC vs GSW in the first round. Curry vs Westbrook. And I think OKC would win. But I also think OKC is going to move up higher than the 8 seed, maybe the 7 or even 6 seed.

Personally, out of all of the Western Conference playoff teams, I would prefer to play the Spurs. I know that is ridiculous. They have won 5 championships. Popovich would way outcoach McHale. They always take their game up several levels in the playoffs. But we tend to play well against them, they haven't looked as impressive this year as the years past and they have to come to the end of their run sometime. Maybe that would be this year?

I guess after San Antonio, my next best matchup would be Dallas, LAC and Portland. Probably in that order. I think our hardest matchups would be GSW, Memphis and OKC.

The Western Conference is ridiculous.

10. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

As long as we have the HC, and we don't face the Clipps or Okc.

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Portland or Dallas in the first two rounds if possible. Probably not.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Highest seed possible.

Home court all the way through.

Fly "Come and Take It" flag at all playoff games :)

13. LA_Baller

LA_Baller Member

I honestly think Houston has a good chance at finishing first.

Houston
    Memphis
    GSW
    Portland
    LA Clipps
    Mavs
    SA
    OKC

Teams to avoid: Clippers, Portland, and SA.

Are people really asking if SA will improve during the post season? If you have been watching basketball for the last 10+ years that is a no brainer. I don't think any team can beat us in the post season other then the ones stated above. The only reasons the clippers give us trouble is because of DJ. GSW are overrated.

14. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

We have no shot at the 1 seed dude. as far as playoffs go anybody but the Clippers.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Anything that allows us to avoid OKC or LAC until the WCF is fine by me.

16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

doesn't matter, we have to go through them all if we want to win the title

want to finish third or higher if we can

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Wow, this is homerism to the extreme. You realize in the last 26 games, in order for us to even sniff that 1st seed, we'd have to go something like 22-4 while Golden State goes like 16-10 and Memphis goes 18-8. That's absurd.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Why are people afraid of Portland? I want payback and so does James Harden. As long as Dwight is back, we're good.

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Spurs will normally 'flip the switch' right after the all-star break. If they don't pick up, then just perhaps it might be their 'time'.... (but you're right, I'd still be terrified)

I'd prefer Dallas. No defence team tend to do terribly in the playoffs. The only downside to playing them would be the sneaking suspicion that Cuban was paying somebody something

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

With how OKC is playing i'm a bit worried they will move up...