1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeAndre Jordan's FG% this season...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Kwame, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's a crappy defender though

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

He is probably about to set an NBA record for FT attempts in a playoff series.

1 person likes this.
  4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He shot 5 shots outside of the paint.
    Last year he effectively shot 1 shot outside of the paint (more technically, in that he had a few that were just outside the paint on the right baseline)

He made 314 shots this year.
    He had 252 dunks.
    80% of his makes were dunks.

He definitely knows his role!

5. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Dunks and layup wow so impressive NOT SRS

means nothing

6. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Yeah.. Everyone should be doing this then since it is so easy (especially 15RPG.. thats nothing) NOT SRS

your an idiot

Its very impressive BTW

Dunks and Layups... Yao could have been one of the best who ever played if he implemented one of those two into his game (dunks)

#6 Realjad, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Deandre Jordan has been a monster, people can hate all they want, but for who he is, he does a damn good job.

What makes him such an awesome player is that he doesn't need the ball in his hands what so every at any point in time to make a huge impact. He knows what's best for him and his team, block shots, get boards and slam the damn ball as hard as you can whenever you touch it.

He's probably the leagues most perfect complementary player when a team has two superstars (who don't play center)

8. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Impressive BUT it's a contract year, let's see if he does it next season after getting paid.

9. Kwame

Lol, I can't believe a few of you are hatin'. The guy literally just had a historic season. If a Rockets' player had done this, the amount of praise would have been through the roof.

10. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

He's already on his second contract getting paid eight figures. He's led the league in FG% for three seasons now. Last year, he also led the league in rebounds and had more blocks per game than he does this year. This is just who he is, he's always finished well and blocked shots.

11. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

We only hate/jealous he is not a Rocket. Other than that, it's pretty impressive. What's more impressive... Harden doing a 88-89 Michael Jordan production year.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Love when people do this :grin:

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I don't get the haters. Deandre is a good guy and he's from Houston.

Great season by him and he really stepped up when Griffin was out.

14. Kwame

I can't wait to see if DJ wins DPOY to call out comments like this. People said that he wouldn't even be in contention for the award last season when I said he was a dark horse candidate for the award (see the link in my earlier thread from 2013 above), but he finished 3rd. Can't wait to see who wins it this year.

I agree and I don't get the hate either. The guy never demands the ball. They don't call any plays for him. He goes out there and plays his role to near perfection. I really can't think of a better role player than him in the NBA.

15. awc713

awc713 Member

Houston product too. I went to HS with him.

People always find reasons to bash players. Say what you about about Deandre, that he can't shoot, has poor footwork in the post, whatever. He's the most dominant big man once he's in the paint. Which is a lot.

He's really grown into a great player and better man. He's a genuinely good person, which not all athletes are.

I remember thinking he got so overpaid when he signed his 4yr/44MM deal. Now that looks like a steal. Granted, he is largely who he is because he plays with CP3. I love watching Dwight rebound, but Deandre is the best rebounder in the game today, bar none.

16. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

oh the irony

stop posting idiot lmao

17. jbasket

jbasket Member

I would have to disagree here. If he wins the award, it loses a lot of credibility to me. His rotations are a little shoddy due to his general lack of elite IQ; he seems to be a little slow-footed on the PnR, and I would say his man-on-man leaves something to be desired. A disclaimer: my sample size is small; I don't watch all the Clippers games, but I believe I've seen enough to form an opinion.

IIRC, the Clippers are not good defensively by the numbers. DPOY candidates have to be on a top 10 defense. He still has some work to do.

I think people just don't like the word best and perfect. Nitpicky, I know. He does his stuff well, which is obviously the point you are making. You are right.

18. SK34

SK34 Member

Its impressive that he stayed within his role and didn't try to take outside shots when he knows thats not his game.

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if dwight decided to play within himself like DJ does we'd be better off.

20. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I love it. Like a punctuation error invalidates reason. If anything, that punctuation error should make you feel like an even bigger dumbass than you already are. Think about it. You were inargueably called an idiot (in which you have no defense) by someone who can't even punctuate properly.

Now maybe if you invalidate my argument and convince me 15 rebounds per game isn't impressive, you know, offer a great counter retort I'd feel more inadequate as a poster.

Unitl then.. on a basketball forum.. you most definitely are an idiot. .. you're out of place...
    I took the liberty of looking up some places I think you would feel more comfortable being.. http://www.world-english.org/english_forums_chat.htm somewhere in which you may actually offer some useful information

Because as of now, saying what DJ did this year wasn't even the least bit impressive/meant nothing is one of the most foolish basketball related things I've heard in quite awhile.

#20 Realjad, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015